ADVERTISEMENT

sears.com (Free or next to free tools)

hollywood

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I have an account at Sears.com. About 3 weeks ago they send me a code for $15 towards any tool purchase. I found a nice drill bit set for $15.99 and paid a total of $1.07 for it (including tax)

4 days ago, they sent me another "surprise" $15 and I bought a 20 piece deep/standard ratchet wrench set. My cost on that one was $3.49. (It was on sale, but even on Ebay it's selling at $20+ regularly).

So, you may want to try signing up at Sears.com and get an account (I think I started mine about a year ago when I needed something that was out of stock at my local Sears and they said it could be shipped to the store within 5 days if I ordered it online.) Can't beat $30 off of a $36 tool purchase.

Looming bankruptcy makes companies do crazy things
Posted from Rivals Mobile
their loss your gain. I've been trashing those emails without reading but now I may open one and see what it says. I quit going to sears...both online and the store.

Just got a $80 "surprise points" coupon, towards a $250 purchase of any "outdoor" item.

Not bad, but not as good as $15 off any tool purchase $15 or over.

So, I go to Sears to pick up my items, they have a kiosk in the back where you pick up shipped-to-store stuff, enter my info (self help) and wait. There's actually a board above that shows your name, what items you have and a clock that counts down the wait time. There's a sign there that says if you have to wait more than 5 minutes, they give you a $5 gift card.

At the 9 minute mark, I stick my head in the office nearby and ask them to check on things. Turns out, the kiosk sends a signal to the back (storage room) to let them know what items to retrieve and bring to the customer. Unfortunately for them, the alarm did not go off and the signal did not reach them. They had to manually enter things and find them on the shelf. By the time they got the stuff to me it was going on 14:30. The manager on duty gave me an extra $10 gift card, on top of the $5 coupon.

So, to recap - I purchased one $16 spade drill bit set, one $20 20 piece deep and standard socket set, a $36 total value and paid $5.54 (this included sales tax) and in return received $15 worth of coupons and gift cards. So, I'm actually up about $10 + got $36 worth of Craftsman tools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT