ADVERTISEMENT

RFK Jr Proposes Federal Solution To End Homelessness

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

You would think after all these years of seeing dumb ass Democrat ideas perpetuating whatever problem they try to address, it would not surprise me a Democrat would come up with another stupid idea but here we are. RFK Jr's solution to end homelessness, give the homeless free housing at tax payer expense. SMFH Nothing could go wrong with that.

You would think after all these years of seeing dumb ass Democrat ideas perpetuating whatever problem they try to address, it would not surprise me a Democrat would come up with another stupid idea but here we are. RFK Jr's solution to end homelessness, give the homeless free housing at tax payer expense. SMFH Nothing could go wrong with that.
I don’t agree with his plan but I do agree with him that it would be better to spend the money on things like this than perpetual wars.

I don’t agree with his plan but I do agree with him that it would be better to spend the money on things like this than perpetual wars.
I completely disagree. When you incentivize something you get more of it. Providing the homeless free housing only creates more people unable to care for themselves and perpetuated the problems that are causing homelessness in the first place. There is a reason they have signs in Yellowstone that say "Don't feed the bears".

I completely disagree. When you incentivize something you get more of it. Providing the homeless free housing only creates more people unable to care for themselves and perpetuated the problems that are causing homelessness in the first place. There is a reason they have signs in Yellowstone that say "Don't feed the bears".
We don’t disagree in the least. We’ve incentivized perpetual war and we keep getting more of it. I began my reply by saying I disagree with Jr’s plan.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
We don’t disagree in the least. We’ve incentivized perpetual war and we keep getting more of it. I began my reply by saying I disagree with Jr’s plan.

Yes we do, you would rather spend money on the homeless than national defense. While I do agree our government has abused it's military power at times, I disagree that we shouldn't spend more on our military. China has already surpassed our Navy in the number of Navy Ships, China's Army dwarfs the US Military and China is working on dwarfing our Air Force. China is preparing for war, while the US is focused on pronouns, racism and climate change.

Yes we do, you would rather spend money on the homeless than national defense. While I do agree our government has abused it's military power at times, I disagree that we shouldn't spend more on our military. China has already surpassed our Navy in the number of Navy Ships, China's Army dwarfs the US Military and China is working on dwarfing our Air Force. China is preparing for war, while the US is focused on pronouns, racism and climate change.
It's astonishing that we spend more on "defense" than the next 10-12 countries combined (including China) and yet you have been convinced it is not enough because China's military is catching up or surpassing our capabilites. What has all that money been spent on? I might agree with you if our military adventurism is in any way connected to our national security, but that is not the case. The expenditures have been to maintain and increase our national hegemony over the rest of the world. The hegemony has become so severe that a great portion of the world has become so sick of us they are becoming enemies. Our foreign policy has evolved into "do what we tell you to do or we will crush you." IMO that's counter to anything connected to defense. I can think of no military involvement in which our country has beome entangled in my lifetime that had anything to do with defending/protecting our country.

For the purposes of this conversation I think of it like this: the government has confiscated our money and told us we have two choices on where they will spend it. They can spend it to help our own people (no matter how misbegotten the idea is), or they can spend it by destroying other people and places. If I were given that choice with no other option available to me, I'd choose to misplace it in a futile attempt to help our own people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
It's astonishing that we spend more on "defense" than the next 10-12 countries combined (including China) and yet you have been convinced it is not enough because China's military is catching up or surpassing our capabilites. What has all that money been spent on? I might agree with you if our military adventurism is in any way connected to our national security, but that is not the case. The expenditures have been to maintain and increase our national hegemony over the rest of the world. The hegemony has become so severe that a great portion of the world has become so sick of us they are becoming enemies. Our foreign policy has evolved into "do what we tell you to do or we will crush you." IMO that's counter to anythng connected to defense. I can think of no military involvement in which our country has beome entangled in my lifetime that had anything to do with defending/protecting our country.

For the purposes of this conversation I think of it like this: the government has confiscated our money and told us we have two choices on where they will spend it. They can spend it to help our own people (no matter how misbegotten the idea is), or they can spend it by destroying other people and places. If I were given that choice with no other option available to me, I'd choose to misplace it in a futile attempt to help our own people.
I agree we have plenty of problems in both military spending and with politicians using our military for their own gain but at the same time military spending is beneficial for the country in the amount of jobs created, technical advances and the peace it provided by keeping our enemies at bay. Our Social spending in its current format just creates problems, does nothing but trap people in poverty and does little to nothing to improve people's lives in the long run.

I agree we have plenty of problems in both military spending and with politicians using our military for their own gain but at the same time military spending is beneficial for the country in the amount of jobs created, technical advances and the peace it provided by keeping our enemies at bay. Our Social spending in its current format just creates problems, does nothing but trap people in poverty and does little to nothing to improve people's lives in the long run.
In all respect that is a specious argument that does not stand up to the slightest scrutiny. The claim that military spending is beneficial is dubious at best. There is no reason to believe that a society of free and peaceful people will be unable to create jobs. Government created jobs are a trojan horse that subtly attacks individual freedom from the inside. No matter how banal a job created for the benefit of the military it does not disguise the fact it is a job designed to aid an industry whose purpose is to kill people and destroy property. There is no reason to believe a society of free and peaceful people would be unable or unwilling to develop technological advances. In fact it is more logical to think that a society of free and peaceful people would be more likely to arouse human ingenuity far greater than otherwise.

I agree with you whole heartedly what are the expected results of social spending. I don't think there sould be any social spending. But if I am forced to compare the results of social spending vs military spending (to the extent it has become in America today), I conclude the damage done by social spending is far smaller than the damage caused by war or the threat thereof.

There’s 400 million people in this country, 1% can’t take care of themselves. Tax payers are going to pay it somehow

Lock em up, tax payers paying it
House em for free, taxpayers paying it
Let ‘em loose, crime and theft makes prices and insurance go up

You can’t fix this for free there’s too many people

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY

Generally speaking, I agree with Jr.'s position that we should spend more on domestic programs that actually help Americans over defense/military spending.

As for Jr.'s homelessness "plan", it is nothing new and the section 8 vouchers already exist. I'd like to know more about what Jr. Is proposing here that is different from what already occurs. I haven't been able to find such details though, either on Jr.'s campaign website or elsewhere.

Generally speaking, I agree with Jr.'s position that we should spend more on domestic programs that actually help Americans over defense/military spending.

As for Jr.'s homelessness "plan", it is nothing new and the section 8 vouchers already exist. I'd like to know more about what Jr. Is proposing here that is different from what already occurs. I haven't been able to find such details though, either on Jr.'s campaign website or elsewhere.
Have you ever dealt with people that receive Section 8 Housing? Years ago we tried offering Section 8 housing, never again. Most worthless, self entitled, corrupt, unappreciative POS's I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. We tried giving back and helping people, ended up with nothing but frustration and getting royally screwed. Won't ever make that mistake again.

Have you ever dealt with people that receive Section 8 Housing? Years ago we tried offering Section 8 housing, never again. Most worthless, self entitled, corrupt, unappreciative POS's I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. We tried giving back and helping people, ended up with nothing but frustration and getting royally screwed. Won't ever make that mistake again.
Ok, that is your opinion.

My point here is that I would like to know what Jr. is proposing that is somehow different from what is already in place. Does he want to make reforms to the current system? If so, what are these reforms? Does he want to make support and more funding for Section 8 a primary goal if elected President? Or is he proposing a new program?

Last edited:
The problem isn't in how much we spend on the military, its how we spend it. China can build more ships and planes because they aren't funding the global defense of the world. We have nearly 800 foreign military bases. We have over 100 bases in each of Japan and Germany. China has a total of 5 foreign bases.

Getting back to the homeless.

If you give them vouches to rent housing how are you go to pay for it when the housing is no longer inhabitable and what are you going to do with homeless once they are back on the street after they destroyed the free housing they were given.

This plan will do nothing but create an even bigger problem and wreck property values.

Ok, that is your opinion.

My point here is that I would like to know what Jr. is proposing that is somehow different from what is already in place. Does he want to make reforms to the current system? If so, what are these reforms? Does he want to make support and more funding for Section 8 a primary goal if elected President? Or is he proposing a new program?
Yer a hoot.

San Francisco and Portland should not have to share a federal solution with other parts of the country. They are dealing with drugs and homelessness exactly how their constituents want them to.
Agree. But cali's on the fed tit. I talked to Greg Abbott the other day, told him my opinion is to send San Fran some buses. Park em right in front of nanshee and hammertime Paul's house

Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosevic, Josef Stalin, Vladimir Putin, and the the Kims of North Korea all say “hi.”

Reactions: iasooner2000
Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Slobodan Milosevic, Josef Stalin, Vladimir Putin, and the the Kims of North Korea all say “hi.”
This is an interesting statement. Adolf rose to power because of policies enacted following WW1. Saddam rose to power thanks to US support and continued to receive our support as he fought Iran in the Iraq and Iran war, Stalin rose to power following a global war (like Adolf). Putin rose to power thanks to the end of the cold war, and did so with American and UN support. He was an ally until he started F'n with DC's Ukrainian Gravy train. And the Kims are nothing more than puppets on the string of China's Xi.

So I would argue that these people say "Hi" today BECAUSE of our desire for perpetual wars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT