ADVERTISEMENT

Rebooting Your Metabolism

PDT816

May 29, 2001
Edmond, OK
Pretty sure I've completely trashed my metabolism after being on a restricted caloric intake and exercising a couple of times every day for the past 14-15 months. Anyone here ever had any success in getting things back on track?

About a month ago, I added another 1000 kcals a day to my diet and I'm holding steady on weight because I'm pretty sure I wasn't eating enough to account for exercise expenditure., but not sure where to go from here.

I read that long term calorie restriction will do that. Apparently the body will gear down and lower its BMR to match the new calorie intake. Have you considered eating your TDEE 3 days a week and 60% of TDEE four days a week? Shoot for a 4,000 calorie deficit per week.

Pretty sure I've completely trashed my metabolism after being on a restricted caloric intake and exercising a couple of times every day for the past 14-15 months. Anyone here ever had any success in getting things back on track?

About a month ago, I added another 1000 kcals a day to my diet and I'm holding steady on weight because I'm pretty sure I wasn't eating enough to account for exercise expenditure., but not sure where to go from here.

Omega -3's, Green teas, nutrient-rich breakfast... those are the easiest ways without craziness I can think of.

Drinking water and staying hydrated is obvious but chug about 20 oz of ice water when you wake up and on an empty stomach.

3) Fires up your metabolism
Drinking water is a crucial tactic when it comes to weight loss. But drinking water after waking up is the most optimal way to do it.

Think of drinking water after waking up as an alarm clock for your metabolism. This morning water kick starts your metabolism & has been proven to increase your calorie burning potential throughout the day.

Not only that, but water actually fills you up & curbs your appetite, allowing you to make smarter choices for your breakfast.

These smart choices tend to roll over to smarter choices throughout the day. If you know anything about healthy eating, then you know that this momentum is so powerful. There’s no better way to start that momentum than with a tall glass of delicious water.http://www.menprovement.com/drinking-water-after-waking-up/

Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother. One tsp vinegar with 8 oz water. Drink one in the morning then later morning then one in the afternoon. I have had problems with a slow stomach not really metabolism but it got my guts working the best so far so might give it a try.

That's what cheat days are for. Always add a high caloric intake day to your diet each week to keep the metabolism guessing.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother. One tsp vinegar with 8 oz water. Drink one in the morning then later morning then one in the afternoon. I have had problems with a slow stomach not really metabolism but it got my guts working the best so far so might give it a try.

I have a shot of Fire Cider in the morning and one in the evening....love the stuff.

FireCiderBottle600_grande.jpg

I found this. Thought you'd be interested. http://www.muscleforlife.com/how-to-speed-up-metabolism/

Reactions: PDT816
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT