ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Paul is getting good with the media

poke2001

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Reporters tried to get him to say something stupid and peppered him with abortion questions. His response is brilliant, iyam, and should be the standard response for all Republicans...always.

A reporter tried to get him to state his opinions on restrictions to his prolife views, this was his response:

"Why don't we ask the DNC: Is it okay to kill a 7 pound baby in the uterus?" Paul reportedly said. "You go back and you ask Debbie Wasserman Schultz if she's okay with killing a seven pound baby that is not born yet. Ask her when life begins, and you ask Debbie when it's okay to protect life. When you get an answer from Debbie, get back to me."
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Isn't this is the same woman who badgered a congressman from North Carolina when said the stimulus was bad policy by asking him sarcastically "are you an economist" which he replied "yes I am".

The man had a masters in economics from Duke University.

Mainstream media is already trying to paint him as "anti-women" in less than 24 hours as a candidate. The hot topics of the day are his tiff with Savannah Guthrie and some CNBC reporter a few months ago, and abortion. I don't know whether it's good politics to be that aggressive or not. Personally I like it and all the media can go straight to hell, but we'll see how it plays out.

Originally posted by poke2001:
Reporters tried to get him to say something stupid and peppered him with abortion questions. His response is brilliant, iyam, and should be the standard response for all Republicans...always.

A reporter tried to get him to state his opinions on restrictions to his prolife views, this was his response:

"Why don't we ask the DNC: Is it okay to kill a 7 pound baby in the uterus?" Paul reportedly said. "You go back and you ask Debbie Wasserman Schultz if she's okay with killing a seven pound baby that is not born yet. Ask her when life begins, and you ask Debbie when it's okay to protect life. When you get an answer from Debbie, get back to me."

The only question a reporter needs to ask him: who's your daddy? That will answer the stupidity question.

Lol, he's really "good" with the media.... if his objective is to infuriate women. He comes across as a condescending jerk and women also universally are offended.

I'm just enjoying this republican clown car. Keep a mic in front of the guy.

Originally posted by syskatine:
Lol, he's really "good" with the media.... if his objective is to infuriate women. He comes across as a condescending jerk and women also universally are offended.

You talking about Biden?

It's funny that the media has miraculously found its inquisitive curiosity after being as silent as a box of rocks the past 7-8 years.

No need to cater to the media. They are against him regardless so he needs to be aggressive. To fight the media and the Clinton machine you have to go in strong and fire every single bullet. Weak and passive "nice guy" RINOs can't win this election.

To win you have to be aggressive, bold, and fearless. He may not be able to get out of the primary but I am convinced he is the best guy to win the general election.

I have never promoted or got involved in a campaign before but I will for him.

Well, do you have a problem with murdering a 7 lb fetus like your princess Debbie Wasserman Schultz? Do you think most women are infuriated with a person that disagrees with murdering a 7 lb fetus? Answer the question directly Sys. I know you want to tuck your tail and run so man up for once and answer a question.

Originally posted by racernhra:

Well, do you have a problem with murdering a 7 lb fetus like your princess Debbie Wasserman Schultz? Do you think most women are infuriated with a person that disagrees with murdering a 7 lb fetus? Answer the question directly Sys. I know you want to tuck your tail and run so man up for once and answer a question.
I don't buy your question's premise and I'd have to know more. If I really thought a baby was going to be murdered I would do more than just anonymously flame about it on an obscure sports message board. You?

I don't buy your question's premise and I'd have to know more. If I really thought a baby was going to be murdered I would do more than just anonymously flame about it on an obscure sports message board. You?
No you just vote and donate to the party who condones it. Again with the bait and switch.

This is such a stupid response. There are a lot of people that would love to stop it but unlike liberal hypocrites they are going to operate within the law and sys would no more risk going to jail for a long time or possibly life any more than the rest of us.

Detesting something does not justify taking the law into your own hands.

Originally posted by Headhunter:

This is such a stupid response. There are a lot of people that would love to stop it but unlike liberal hypocrites they are going to operate within the law and sys would no more risk going to jail for a long time or possibly life any more than the rest of us.

Don't tell that to your patriot american revolutionaries, jesus, MLK, ghandi, several thousand civil rights protesters, etc. Your practical efforts to end all these so-called murders is exactly what mine's been today.

Like almost all conservatives, Head's commitment to the unborn ends precisely where it becomes personally inconvenient.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is corollary # 62 to a political ideology pretty much exclusively motivated by self interest.

Don't tell that to your patriot american revolutionaries, jesus, MLK, ghandi, several thousand civil rights protesters, etc. Your practical efforts to end all these so-called murders is exactly what mine's been today.

Like almost all conservatives, Head's commitment to the unborn ends precisely where it becomes personally inconvenient.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is corollary # 62 to a political ideology pretty much exclusively motivated by self interest.
What Rand said is dead on. Only the sickest individual would be OK with aborting a baby that is days from being born. That is murder and anyone who doesn't think so needs their head examined. On the flip side, the simple truth is regardless of what people say only those bombing clinics truly believe all abortion is murder. If not, a lot of people are willing to stand idly by while thousands of children are murdered which doesn't speak too highly of our society.

As with most issues it has been politicized to the point that you can't have a rational discussion or any compromise about the issue. As Rand said though, the media gives Pro-Lifers a lot harder time with questions than they do Pro-Choicers. It's a difficult issue for a pro-life candidate to successfully navigate in a general election. I think the way Rand is approaching it is a good strategy. If you want to make a pro-lifer justify their stance make a pro-choicer do it as well.

Originally posted by NeekReevers

What Rand said is dead on. Only the sickest individual would be OK with aborting a baby that is days from being born. That is murder and anyone who doesn't think so needs their head examined. On the flip side, the simple truth is regardless of what people say only those bombing clinics truly believe all abortion is murder. If not, a lot of people are willing to stand idly by while thousands of children are murdered which doesn't speak too highly of our society.

As with most issues it has been politicized to the point that you can't have a rational discussion or any compromise about the issue. As Rand said though, the media gives Pro-Lifers a lot harder time with questions than they do Pro-Choicers. It's a difficult issue for a pro-life candidate to successfully navigate in a general election. I think the way Rand is approaching it is a good strategy. If you want to make a pro-lifer justify their stance make a pro-choicer do it as well.
Those sick individuals are modern-day "feminists."

"Feminists" in action

What more do you need to know so that I can expand the scenario.? I'm just trying to get a direct answer from you and would be happy to put forth some effort to get it.

Let's try to keep this simple for now.

Do you have a problem with aborting a 7 lb fetus?

Now, to be clear, if I thought a baby was going to be murdered I would certainly do more to stop it. I would like to know what an appropriate response should be as to not offend you liberals that condone and encourage the killings. I'm guessing guns are out. What about a stick? Maybe a sling shot?

I'm really curious about Sys' other views such as, does he think that innocent people are ever convicted and killed by the state and how far he has been willing to go to stop the killings. And, does he think any non-combatants have been killed by our military in one of our combat theaters and how far he has been willing to go to stop those killings.

Originally posted by Bitter Creek:

I'm really curious about Sys' other views such as, does he think that innocent people are ever convicted and killed by the state and how far he has been willing to go to stop the killings. And, does he think any non-combatants have been killed by our military in one of our combat theaters and how far he has been willing to go to stop those killings.
Neither the death penalty nor war has the death of innocents as it's sole purpose. If we executed millions of innocent people or indiscriminately carpet bombed cities I wouldn't be arguing about it on message boards.

Originally posted by 07pilt:

Neither the death penalty nor war has the death of innocents as it's sole purpose. If we executed millions of innocent people or indiscriminately carpet bombed cities I wouldn't be arguing about it on message boards.
So killing the innocent is okay as long as it is just incidental to the killing of intended targets?

Originally posted by 07pilt:

So killing the innocent is okay as long as it is just incidental to the killing of intended targets?
Not at all, but there are at least mitigating factors in war and the death penalty. If every abortion procedure had the side effect of feeding five starving children and only killing the fetus 10% of the time, i wouldn't expect you to be too up in arms over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT