ADVERTISEMENT

Raising Kids: Boys v Girls

ThorOdinson13

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Apr 4, 2005
We have all boys but we plan to have one more child. I've always wanted all boys but I've been thinking recently about what if when #3 arrives.

What are the pros to raising each? The cons? Which is overall easier in the loosest sense of the word. I know neither is technically easy.

I've always been told that boys are harder at first and get easier as they age while girls are much easier at first then get harder, much harder. What are your experiences with your children?

I didn't experience much difference. My daughter can pinch a penny until it bleeds. My son can take a $20 and be broke in an hour because he had to go to sonic.
I coached baseball with my son and had a blast. I just attended all my daughters games.

We had 2 and we both regret not having at least 1 more. Too old now. Patiently waiting for my daughter to get married and give us some grand kids.

Good luck.

My son was 3x easier to raise to this point. Will probably go to 5x when she hits her teens. Both are great kids and we are very fortunate.

Reactions: davidallen
Through 6 years old, my daughter has been much easier. She's younger, so that could have something to do with it also.

Cowboy JD that cracked me up. I have 6 daughters I know what you are going through. Been there, I'm there and I will continue to be there for a few more years.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Holy shit!!! Six kids? I'd stroke out. Kudos man, kudos, kudos, kudos.

My daughter would have been as easy as it gets through the first six years... If I knew ahead of time that she was indestructible that is.

I didn't experience much difference. My daughter can pinch a penny until it bleeds. My son can take a $20 and be broke in an hour because he had to go to sonic.
I coached baseball with my son and had a blast. I just attended all my daughters games.

We had 2 and we both regret not having at least 1 more. Too old now. Patiently waiting for my daughter to get married and give us some grand kids.

Good luck.
We're in the same boat. Son, who just graduated OSU and a daughter with one more year. We wish, now, we would have had a third.

So the question then becomes: if you've had three do you wish you would have had a fourth.

I've been told a very common statement on the death bed is I wish I would have had more kids and I wish I wouldn't have worked so hard (implying spending more time with said kids). Not sure if it's true but it made me think. My kids are a blessing.

One of each. Daughter was easier when younger, son is getting easier as he gets older.

We would have loved a couple more, but didn't have time, since we got married in our mid 30's

I have two girls three years apart. The only words I can use is "it is a rollercoaster ride." Wouldn't trade any of them for anything. They make me better.

I have two girls three years apart. The only words I can use is "it is a rollercoaster ride." Wouldn't trade any of them for anything. They make me better.
Same for me .. I can say the hardest years of my parenting life were between the ages of 19 and 25 or so

3 girls then a little man as the caboose - he is a freaking hand full. The older girls were challenges of their own - the 11 YO is super smart and loving - but we have a ways to go.

You will appreciate the diversity in your life Thor should you get a little lady!

So the question then becomes: if you've had three do you wish you would have had a fourth.

I've been told a very common statement on the death bed is I wish I would have had more kids and I wish I wouldn't have worked so hard (implying spending more time with said kids). Not sure if it's true but it made me think. My kids are a blessing.
I think we would have stopped at three. Not to sound morbid, but my mom always said have more than one because you never know what might happen and could be left without any.
On another note, I have a customer who lost her husband in an accident earlier this year. I finally asked her if she had any kids, she's 59, she said "no" because she always spent time with her animals and didn't want to lose that. Now that she's alone she wishes they would have had them.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT