ADVERTISEMENT

Personal experience with a Sig 239?

TexasCowPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2003
Small ranch North of Denton, TX
I'm looking at what seems to be a nice concealed carry weapon, a Sig 239, that my wife can also handle with smaller hands.

Thoughts or experience with the Sig? Other comparable guns you would suggest?

(The one I'm looking at has a lazer built and included for it.)

Thanks!
TCP

One of the guys that works for me has a Scorpion and I really like it, but it's really snappy in hand. Has a little bit of barrel flip for me, but I could shoot it pretty well even though I have hands that are kind of big for my size.

Like it much more than the Beretta Nano in .38. That thing tries to jump out of my hand.

I tried to get my wife to accept the smaller guns, but she didn't like them as much and wanted a little bigger frame. She's tiny, but she just felt comfortable with the heavier gun. Which goes along with what a friend of mine who shoots in competitions told me, a heavier gun is a little better for first timers and some women due to its stability. Ended up getting her an HK VP9. I've talked about it in other posts.

I really like that gun, my friend also has a gentleman on his shooting team that uses one to compete with. I'm sure it's had some work, most of those guys do trigger jobs and other little mods to be competitive. I have shot her gun quite a bit and love it, but I'm a 1911 guy.

At home though, it's the revolver. I have a 1980 Ruger Security Six that I have had since I was 15 or 16. 4 inch barrel, a tank of a gun.

I have an ancient 16 gauge single shot sawed off shotgun that I keep near the bed lol. Has a shell holder on the butt with 6 more rounds for quick access. Not that I would need them, doubtful anyone would still be moving after taking a buckshot sandwich from that little bastid.

Sorry for the tangent away from the smaller guns, I enjoy shooting and guns in general, just wanted to chime in.

I've got the S&W bodyguard for my carry, but I really want the new single stack Glock 9.

Yes, that is a BIG advantage to the 9. Also it seems while the ballistics are not that much different on paper, I've always felt the 9mm had little (less) recoil and report. Maybe that is just me or the pistol I was shooting (Beretta).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT