ADVERTISEMENT

People Suck - Dogs Not so Much

hollywood

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I had to run to the grocery store this afternoon. Driving home, with rain falling at a decent clip, I notice there's many cars ahead of me in both lanes and both directions stopped or slowing down. Get up to where the commotion appears to originate and I see this smallish pit bull, obviously scared and disoriented weaving her way in and out of traffic not certain of where she should go. I had come to a complete stop and she darted in front of me. I couldn't see where she had gone, so I put my flashers on and got out to see where she was (I was afraid she was right up against my bumper, which turned out to be a good guess on my part.) Thankfully, the guy behind me could see what was going on and had likewise stopped, put his flashers on and had pulled his SUV to about a 45 degree angle to stop people from plowing full speed into where I was.

Got the dog out from under the front bumper and put her in the back seat area. Very friendly, she was scared but had no problems with me picking her up. I saw she had tags with a name and number, but honestly I was in too much a rush to get her loaded and back on the road as traffic was starting to catch up. I got home and after unloading the groceries, I took her collar off and called the owner listed, no answer (machine saying the owner of the phone was not taking calls.) But, there was an address, so I do a quick maps search and locate the house on the tags. My son gets a leash and sits in the back with her as we try to return her. (Did I mention that she was muddy as hell and soaking wet and as a result so was I by the time I got her out of the street?)

So, we pull into the driveway and go up to the house, my son with the dog in tow. Ring the doorbell, no answer......pound on the door, no answer, but my son says he heard noise in the house and shadows through the windows....so, I pound on the door for the 3rd time. Finally, some scruffy looking 19-24 yr old dude opens the door, either half asleep or baked out of his mind (or some combination thereof). Guy just looks at me and says: yea. (Just stands there staring at me for about 5 or 6 seconds). I point out the obvious and ask him; Is this your dog? He looks down and say's: yea. My son takes the dog off the leash at which point the dog runs into the house, I mention to the guy that I found her dodging traffic about half a mile away, guy just looks at me and starts to close the door in my face, giving me a half-ass "thanks" as the door slams shut.

Walking back to the car, I said to my son: What a dick! Son looks at me and says: Dad, he had a huge Confederate flag on the wall, so he's probably just another idiot redneck."

I'm glad I saved the dog, but a damned shame I had to return her to that home/owner.

A guy with a pit bull had a confederate flag on his wall? What are the odds?

93ae4baa31e98be52e9f2b325a3e19b3753e7ffdfc5517bcb7264659435119e0.jpg

My only defense for the guy is that the dog looked to be an excellent health and was very friendly, so not likely being malnourished or mistreated. The other dog in the house looked to be a smaller sized Siberian Husky with blue eyes and blonde hair now that you mention it......

Last edited:
There's this asshole that has his dog on a 8 foot chain in this neighborhood I drive through sometimes. He has it on that thing all day every day but I think he at least lets him come in at night.

I wanna' let the dog loose and then drag him out into his own backyard and whip him with that chain.

Reactions: Schoonerman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT