ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Buchanon on Amnesty

From the article:

"Mitt Romney lost the two fastest-growing major minorities, Hispanics and Asians, who now account for more than a fifth of our population and a seventh of our voters, by 40 points."

He goes on to say....

"Anyone concerned for the future of this country as one nation and one people should find a candidate who will commit to secure the border, enforce immigration laws against businesses that hire illegal immigrants, and pledge no amnesty for the duration of their presidency."

Any candidate that proposes his second statement is going to guarantee that the first one occurs again. Rand Paul stated the only way to control this problem was to remove the incentive for illegal immigration and the only way to do that is to harshly punish businesses that hire illegal immigrants. I think that is the proper tact to take and frame it around businesses taking advantage of poor immigrants. Many other things will need to be done but that is a tenable starting point. We are not deporting 30 million Mexicans, it's never going to happen. The Republican Party needs to get serious about this issue if they ever want to win a national election again.

Amnesty is inevitable and those who cherish all cultures but our own are slowly achieving exactly what they set out to achieve. That being the end of a culture, namely our own, that they view as ugly, intolerant, abhorrent, and some even think we have no culture and are striving toward one. They don't even realize they are chasing the unachievable, a utopia, that will never come to fruition. The utopian government they seek to make everything better will become ever more authoritarian and oppressive as time advances. The utopian "culture" they think they seek will be just as ugly, maybe even more so, as the one they ended once reality slaps them in the face. And that is if it even happens at a rate that would allow them to see it, doubtful. Keep in mind that there will most likely be some level of assimilation among the immigrants and most cultural changes will be slow and occur overtime. JMO

No point in stressing it anymore. Just roll with the punches and be sure to take care of you and yours and hope for the best. Dissent between the people politically will continue to grow which is a benefit to the government as it acts as the "mediator," never to blame, but always available to assist and keep the peace, such a benevolent thing, our government. I still think nothing will change unless we have a major economic calamity which could be bad or good in the long run. No telling.

As usual though, the Democrats are playing the long game regardless of who they sell their soul too while the GOP plays the short game and caters to whoever will line their pockets at the moment. Both are corrupt, both suck, and I would revel in the death of either.

Thor-

You should read Buchanon's book "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America survive until 2025?" Too bad he was never elected president.

I've just recently (last six months) started looking for articles he's written to see what he has to say about current events. Needless to say, I like him for the most part.

Amnesty is inevitable and those who cherish all cultures but our own are slowly achieving exactly what they set out to achieve. That being the end of a culture, namely our own, that they view as ugly, intolerant, abhorrent, and some even think we have no culture and are striving toward one.

Can you summarize for me what "our" culture looks like? Just curious what your conception of the American culture is...

IMO: The first world isn't a single culture, but rather a blend of many different cultural traditions - all of which end up getting diluted down to a few common themes - some good (expanded equality, greater liberty, etc) - some not so much (consumerism, narcissism, etc). In the second and third worlds you still have these cohesive national identities, US, Europe, Australia, not so much...

Can you summarize for me what "our" culture looks like? Just curious what your conception of the American culture is...

IMO: The first world isn't a single culture, but rather a blend of many different cultural traditions - all of which end up getting diluted down to a few common themes - some good (expanded equality, greater liberty, etc) - some not so much (consumerism, narcissism, etc). In the second and third worlds you still have these cohesive national identities, US, Europe, Australia, not so much...

Correct, our culture is a blend of many cultures but it's also part of what makes our culture unique. There are also regions that have their own cultures such the south, midwest, west, southwest, etc. Those individual cultures have been a part of the discussion over what universities "fit" in which conferences. The differences in southern culture and northern culture have been evident and a source of strife even before the founding of the U.S. This comment alone would normally bring out the typical ignorant comments from certain individuals about slavery, racism, blah, blah, blah. The southern culture has been propagandized to the point of being equitable to Nazism.

Some of the things that are specific to our culture as a whole that some seem to loathe are the idea of individualism, Christianity, and self-government to name a few. If you pay attention there is a lot of propaganda pushing collectivism and I've even read articles and seen interviews where the author warns against individualism. However, individualism is very much a part of our culture and it goes back over 200 years and shows the influence of natural law and classical liberalism on the shaping of our culture . Like it or not, Christianity has had a large influence on our culture, and most of it has been a good influence, yet it is deemed as backwards, ugly, bigoted, dumb, etc. And finally, self-governance.......well, that's pretty much a joke not even worth discussing.

I guess the point is that it seems like there are those out there that focus only on the bad.

Last edited:
Pat Buchanan just took Chuck Todd's question about Pat's previous support of confederate flag, and gave the most eloquent "South Carolina isn't racist" argument I've heard. Hell he makes me want to move there. He's a nut, but dayum he's good in front of a camera.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT