ADVERTISEMENT

Oliver Pierce Oklahoma transfers

Franklin Regionals Josh Maruca announced today via twitter that he has committed to Arizona State

That's four nice additions for ASU in the last few months. Too bad that Pierce, Z Valencia, and Maruca all project at 149/157. Pierce is a couple of years older, but that is still a two or three year overlap. Maybe Zahid will continue his growth spurt and end up at 165.

Maruca could also be at 165 as well. He is 5' 10 and may continue to grow as his dad is over 6 feet.

That's amazing. Zahid wreslted 132 this last HS season. Jumped to 152 this summer. But Flo has him ranked at 182 right now. Clears up that problem for ASU.

Pierce was just another overrated kid from Texas; won't be missed. Great kid, but not a great wrestler.

And neither will Garcia (will never make '25, again and would've rode the pine behind Brewer for the next two years).

Freed up scholarship money will do OU good.

Pierce was 14-2 in open tournaments - as a true freshman.

Garcia evidently thinks he can make 25.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by kkkkkathmandu:
Pierce was just another overrated kid from Texas; won't be missed. Great kid, but not a great wrestler.

And neither will Garcia (will never make '25, again and would've rode the pine behind Brewer for the next two years).

Freed up scholarship money will do OU good.
kkkkkathmandu,

Who are they going to give the $$ too? Seems pretty quiet at OU.

There are two Valencias. I believe Joe Smith wrestled one at 152 and chandler Rogers wrestled the other at USA Folkstyle Nationals.

I heard really good things about Pierce from a guy in the OU program. Big things were expected from him. His loss will hurt.

Meluv, you have already spent more time than is needed on kkk.

Jack, Joe wrestled Z at 152 and he is the one listed at 182, Rogers wrestled A and he is still listed at 170. If I remember Z was at 103 2 years ago. Quite a growth spurt.

Originally posted by osu2082:
I heard really good things about Pierce from a guy in the OU program. Big things were expected from him. His loss will hurt.
I heard he thought Cody was too strict. And ASU will find out quickly OU's hurt won't be significant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT