ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma GOP is definitely on point.

Syskatine

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2018
Auditor: Oklahoma Spent Millions of Federal Dollars Incorrectly

Give the religious private schools priority, let the other kids go eat fish heads. All by republican political cronies. Nice.

"The audit doesn’t identify the schools, but data obtained by Oklahoma Watch in 2021 shows the top five recipients are: Cristo Rey Oklahoma City Catholic High School, ($780,000); Christian Heritage Academy in Del City ($591,500); Crossover Prep Academy in Tulsa ($526,500); Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School in Oklahoma City ($403,000); and Bishop Kelley High School in Tulsa ($323,950). "

Give the religious private schools priority, let the other kids go eat fish heads. All by republican political cronies. Nice.

"The audit doesn’t identify the schools, but data obtained by Oklahoma Watch in 2021 shows the top five recipients are: Cristo Rey Oklahoma City Catholic High School, ($780,000); Christian Heritage Academy in Del City ($591,500); Crossover Prep Academy in Tulsa ($526,500); Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School in Oklahoma City ($403,000); and Bishop Kelley High School in Tulsa ($323,950). "
But what are their pronouns, that's all that's important.

What point is it on?

“The audit examined $14 billion in federal dollars spent in fiscal year 2021, which includes an influx of pandemic relief aid in the second half of 2020. Auditors found $29.3 million didn’t align with the program’s purpose. The $6.5 million from Stay in School represents one of the largest.”

So, .2% of the $14 billion spent was not aligned with the program’s purpose. Great find OP.

I can promise you this, that was a shitty audit.

children-demolition.gif

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
This whole push by Oklahoma republicans to funnel public education money to private/religious schools is disgusting policy as well as (probably) unconstitutional.

Here's whats disgusting. The billions of dollars thrown at public schools, and the parents that bitch about the poor job schools are doing and yet the parents are part of the problem. A very good percentage of urban school parents don't value education, don't make sure their kids are disciplined in their studies and then actually attend school regularly. Yet they want the state to throw more money at an unwinnable situation. IF you start with crap (parents and students) going in you get crap coming out.

Here's whats disgusting. The billions of dollars thrown at public schools, and the parents that bitch about the poor job schools are doing and yet the parents are part of the problem. A very good percentage of urban school parents don't value education, don't make sure their kids are disciplined in their studies and then actually attend school regularly. Yet they want the state to throw more money at an unwinnable situation. IF you start with crap (parents and students) going in you get crap coming out.
Yeah, corruption hardly warrants mention. We should focus on how we don't.. need education.

Yeah, corruption hardly warrants mention. We should focus on how we don't.. need education.
Didnt speak to corruption. Misuse of public funds, taken from taxpayers is always a bad thing. Whether at the local (don't get me started on the wasteful spending i see daily by the govt. in city of Tulsa), state or federal level.
I didn't say we don't need education, you did. You're really good at not staying on topic, simply because you know the liberal way has never worked and will never work.
Throwing more money into a system that is failing because the parents don't want or value what education can do for a person is destined to fail. If they truly believed that school and education was the answer they'd make sure their kids went to school, worked at school after school and made sure their kids had the discipline and structure at home they needed to succeed in society. But they don't, they bitch about what schools don't do for them (raise their kids) then bitch because they think there isn't enough money in the system.

But you keep being a dumbass, thats what you do best.

carry on...

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
This whole push by Oklahoma republicans to funnel public education money to private/religious schools is disgusting policy as well as (probably) unconstitutional.
I wonder what it is that you find to be disgusting and/or unconstitutional about it. Can you explain?

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Didnt speak to corruption. Misuse of public funds, taken from taxpayers is always a bad thing. Whether at the local (don't get me started on the wasteful spending i see daily by the govt. in city of Tulsa), state or federal level.
I didn't say we don't need education, you did. You're really good at not staying on topic, simply because you know the liberal way has never worked and will never work.
Throwing more money into a system that is failing because the parents don't want or value what education can do for a person is destined to fail. If they truly believed that school and education was the answer they'd make sure their kids went to school, worked at school after school and made sure their kids had the discipline and structure at home they needed to succeed in society. But they don't, they bitch about what schools don't do for them (raise their kids) then bitch because they think there isn't enough money in the system.

But you keep being a dumbass, thats what you do best.

carry on...
Oh, the angry dumbass want to engage. Okay, against my better judgment, here we go, angry dumbass.

In response to a thread about corruption in education, you take the opportunity to just whine about the educational "system" that's served us well for decades before the Oklahoma republican party got ahold of it 20 years ago. You haven't even addressed the OP.

It's not a coincidence that the more control the GOP has exercised, the worse our education system has gotten. Well done. Maybe you can find some other red herring to explain why we've gone from a good, quality statewide education to dog shit. I'm sure it's trannies or parents or some other right wing excuse.

Now throw another tantrum - you know, like an ignorant, anti-education republican that is fine with corruption as long as it's his team that gets the sugar.

Oh, the angry dumbass want to engage. Okay, against my better judgment, here we go, angry dumbass.

In response to a thread about corruption in education, you take the opportunity to just whine about the educational "system" that's served us well for decades before the Oklahoma republican party got ahold of it 20 years ago. You haven't even addressed the OP.

It's not a coincidence that the more control the GOP has exercised, the worse our education system has gotten. Well done. Maybe you can find some other red herring to explain why we've gone from a good, quality statewide education to dog shit. I'm sure it's trannies or parents or some other right wing excuse.

Now throw another tantrum - you know, like an ignorant, anti-education republican that is fine with corruption as long as it's his team that gets the sugar.
Can you give some specifics on what policies Republicans have mandated the state school system follow that have led to the precipitous decline in educational quality in Oklahoma? You have belabored this topic for as far back as I can remember. So I assume you can lay out four or five very specific things the Republican leadership has done over the last 20 years that are directly responsible for the squalid condition of schools in Oklahoma today.

Can you give some specifics on what policies Republicans have mandated the state school system follow that have led to the precipitous decline in educational quality in Oklahoma? You have belabored this topic for as far back as I can remember. So I assume you can lay out four or five very specific things the Republican leadership has done over the last 20 years that are directly responsible for the squalid condition of schools in Oklahoma today.
Funding. This story. There's two pretty obvious ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT