ADVERTISEMENT

OHP vs Tulsa Pastor

Drunk dude tackles a highway patrol officer and starts to beat and/or take his weapon from him. Drunk dude gets shot.

Just because someone is a Pastor doesn't mean they are good people also. Most are but a few bad apples make it in also.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Drunk dude tackles a highway patrol officer and starts to beat and/or take his weapon from him. Drunk dude gets shot.

Toxicology from the MEs office should offer some insight. It won't answer the question as to why the bros responded in such a manner (drunk or sober).

Toxicology from the MEs office should offer some insight. It won't answer the question as to why the bros responded in such a manner (drunk or sober).

I guess dead dude (revised from drunk dude) might have taken real offense at officer yelling at him and done the same thing.

The dash cam video reflects dead dude walked up out of the water and immediately took the HiPo to the ground though the shooting was off camera on the ground.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
I haven't really seen but bits and pieces of this story. I read that his (dead dudes) pistol was recovered, but I did not see if it was recovered from his body (as in having possession of it) or whether it was just nearby.

Anyone got the answer to that?

Several articles have said he "was armed" when he assaulted the officers. It's not clear in the video.

The attorney representing both troopers further claimed that Mr Fischer had a gun on his hip and held Trooper Southall's head underwater.

'They [Fischer brothers] might be great guys, I don't know, but they're obviously cursing state troopers and Nehemiah attacked the guy because when he gets up to him, it's well enough lit that he knows he's knocking a state trooper to the ground and on top of him,' Gary James told the station NewsOn6.

Both troopers were placed on administrative leave in accordance with OHP's standard practice.

Southall has 8 years' experience and Taylor has been on the force for a year.

Troopers said they recovered a weapon belonging to Nehemiah Fischer at the scene. J.R. Fischer told the AP that his son had received a .380 handgun for his birthday.

Nehemiah was pronounced dead at the scene and Brandon was arrested for assault and public intoxication.

I know the attorney for the troopers....he's not above making less than truthful statements in defense of his clients....hell, I've been on the receiving end of such statements. The article does say the weapon was found "at the scene". I'm not sure whether on his body or in the grab vicinity of the assault makes a whole lot of difference.

It doesn't justify attacking the HiPo, but the cop was talking to him like he was a dog, IMO

I can understand being upset if you were being told to abandon your truck by two officers who are not offering to help and are yelling in a very disrespecting and demeaning manor but under no circumstances does that make physically attacking an officer justified.

Unfortunately if you attack an officer you open yourself up to being shot.

Alcohol I'm sure played a role but man you just cannot attack an officer.

I can understand being upset if you were being told to abandon your truck by two officers who are not offering to help and are yelling in a very disrespecting and demeaning manor but under no circumstances does that make physically attacking an officer justified.

If you're stupid enough to drive a vehicle into high water, and so drunk you can't/won't respond to "competent adult supervision" telling you to GTF out, then there's no "help" to give 'em. A drunk a-hole is still the same no matter what his title - pastor/accountant/attorney/etc.

I have a friend who is pretty broken up about this. She was good friends with Nehemiah apparently. She is obviously biased in her analysis of the situation, but says that Mr. Fischer was a good person and this is totally out of character...... I like the chic, but she is overly emotional, and especially about this situation.

My opinion is that this situation is EXACTLY the same as the Michael Brown situation, and the one in New York where the guy got choked and died from complications afterwards. If you want to LIVE, all you have to do is do what the officer is telling you to do. You may go to jail, or get a fine, or whatever depending on the situation, but you will go home..... Attack an officer, and more times that not, you are gonna end up in a body bag....... It really is as simple as that.... I mean it is just stupid shyt..... Get out of the road....stop selling loosies.....get out of the water.....is it really worth your life?

Unfortunately, some people do really stupid stuff when they are whiskey drunk.... For Mr. Fischer, it cost him his life.....

Reactions: CowboyJD
I think that he was a good guy that made a bad decision that ultimately cost him his life. Good people make bad decisions. People want to say what a good guy he was, but the guy still attacked a trooper.

If you don't obey their commands and you get shot, it's your own fault.

I mean, does it matter what those commands are? If they aren't legal or to your liking you may seek recourse afterward.

It's not worth your life.

Reactions: CowboyJD
If you don't obey their commands and you get shot, it's your own fault.

I'm sorry but I could not disagree more. Not obeying police commands should not be grounds for execution. Attacking police is one thing. Simply not obeying a command right or wrong should not get you shot. Put in jail? Sure but killed?

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Is the cop more justified or less justified than Zimmerman was, based upon the limited info that we have so far?

Well seeing as how Zimmerman was found innocent I don't get your point? A cop has a lot more grounds to shoot a guy attacking him then a citizen. Now if you want to debate that fact then you have something.

You attack anyone that has a gun, you open yourself up to being shot

Well seeing as how Zimmerman was found innocent I don't get your point? A cop has a lot more grounds to shoot a guy attacking him then a citizen. Now if you want to debate that fact then you have something.

That is kind of where I was heading.
If Zimmerman was justified for defending himself from a guy that didn't have a gun, wouldn't the HiPo, it this instance, also be justified.
Your 2nd comment I don't agree with. How could a cop-citizen have more grounds to defend himself from an attacker than a non-cop citizen?

Well for one a cop has a gun and when you attack him you give him the choice of either shooting you or not if it comes to that. Most citizens are not carrying guns so if you attack one the higher % of the time at most you are just looking at getting beat up. That was all I meant by that. This stand your ground law is a whole other can of worms but citizens would have to carry guns for it to matter, every cop has a gun.

I've always told my son, if you are pulled over or being questioned by the law, be respectful and cooperative so that you can get out of the situation quickly. You can contest the issue later if you feel compelled. ie: don't argue. I've never seen a police officer or law enforcement representative that didn't like authority...and many of them are smart donkeys. These guys were just asking for trouble...like throwing gas on a flame.

However, you never talk to the cops when being questioned. I'll go to jail and get a lawyer before submitting to questioning.

I think that he was a good guy that made a bad decision that ultimately cost him his life. Good people make bad decisions. People want to say what a good guy he was, but the guy still attacked a trooper.

You probably nailed it.

Not obeying a cop's orders is a good way to get yourself thrown against the glass at Whataburger, even if the cop was overextending his authority.

(This really wasn't me by the way. I did witness it though.)

Not obeying a cop's orders is a good way to get yourself thrown against the glass at Whataburger, even if the cop was overextending his authority.

(This really wasn't me by the way. I did witness it though.)

The guy had a few swigs of Crown and a few too many Jason Bourne books/movies under his belt...

Confronting law enforcement regardless of if they are in the right or wrong is always a losing situation for an individual.

There is only two correct answers when dealing with the cops, yes sir/mam and no sir/mam. After that it's best to keep your mouth shut and let your over priced attorney handle things.

Looks like an otherwise decent guy let alcohol and emotions get the better of him and it cost him his life.

The United States has the worst trained Police force in the world. They shoot and kill thousands of unarmed citizens every year. The UK had exactly one last year. We should send them to Europe for training.

The point is they face UNARMED suspects and don't kill them. Clearly they are more skilled then our trigger happy police.

Any time I see Gary James in an interview I know its not going to be a good deal... Gary is a good enough guy, but he gets sucked into the screwiest deals...

Sorry BRT, I generally side with you for many of your rants. But you are wrong here.
EVERY suspect is armed. When that guy jumped on the officer and started dunking him underwater - he was armed.
Armed with strength enough to hold his head underwater and kill him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT