ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Depth Chart

That is very helpful. There are people that know more than me but some of your incoming freshman don't appear to be in the right weight. I have heard:

Piccininni - 125
Brock - 133
Boo - 141
Jo Jo - wrestled at 170 last year in high school but could be at 157

By all accounts Collica will be at 149

I like your site and it is very helpful research and projecting possible starters for our dual opponents and I will forgive certain obvious errors as this is early and computers can not predict exactly as they are dependent only on human input but a few glaring errors stand out to me and hopefully they will be tweaked by the start of wrestling season.

125. Most obvious error is Gunnar Woodburn who was at Wyoming all of last year after transferring. Boo Lewallen is also shown at 125 which I am pretty sure he will never see again and should be at 133 or 141. Both Kaid Brock and NickPiccininni are shown at 125 and I believe Piccininni will be there and Brock up at 133 but possibly both at 133.

141 & 149 appear to be in line with one exception and that is Joe Smith who I believe will be at 157. You probably can put in as #1 Anthony Collica as by everything I and others have heard he will drop back to 149.

157 157 Other than Collica the wrestlers mentioned will be at this weight but two of the wrestlers mentioned at 165 could possibly be at 157 and they could be Chandler Rogers and/or Chance Marsteller. I do not see either or both of them being content to waste a redshirt freshman year behind Alex Dierenger and I do not believe either would go up to 174.

165 Alex Dierenger and I do not believe he would go up to 174 but it is possible.

174 I believe Crutchmer and Rogers are correct at this weight.

184 The three mentioned should be at this weight.

197 The five wrestlers at this weight appear to be correct but only time will tell how the rankings should be here.

285 I think at this point the two mentioned are the only two at this weight. There has been some talk about Schafer going to heavyweight in the future but certainly not to challenge Marsden in his senior year.

It is way too early for any predictions but I am assuming that John would like to redshirt all of his incoming freshman including Piccininni, Brock, Lewallen, Olson, Moran,Joe Smith,Jordan Dierenger and Andrew Marsden.
This post was edited on 4/8 8:27 AM by oberebo

Originally posted by Orangebomber:
That is very helpful. There are people that know more than me but some of your incoming freshman don't appear to be in the right weight. I have heard:

Piccininni - 125
Brock - 133
Boo - 141

All are done except "Jo Jo", I don't know who that is...

Originally posted by andegre:

Piccininni - 125
Brock - 133
Boo - 141

Sorry, shouldn't have used his nick name.

Originally posted by andegre:

Piccininni - 125
Brock - 133
Boo - 141

Sorry, shouldn't have used his nick name.
This is a very good point. I went through my younger years with a childish nickname that was hard to shake. My sisters and some old friends from elementary school still use it. I can't believe Joe would want to be called Jo-Jo.

Originally posted by Old Number Nine:

This is a very good point. I went through my younger years with a childish nickname that was hard to shake. My sisters and some old friends from elementary school still use it. I can't believe Joe would want to be called Jo-Jo.
Me, too!

No matter how cute it sound initially, "Pants Wetter" is hard to shake in your later years.

I would think Blees is in the 157 weight class possibilities. Also Jordan Rogers should lift a lot , work a lot on wrestling and challenge Boyd. He looked almost skinny at 174. Crutchmer is better at 74 then Boyd at 84 in my opinion.

Originally posted by Harleycowboy:
Crutchmer is better at 74 then Boyd at 84 in my opinion.
Really? An top five All-American is better than a 2-2 wrestler?

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Just messing with you, Harley. I'm still very happy for Kyle. Talk about jumping levels...that kid cranked it up.

And it's much different than Kindig's last year. Kindig's bracket fell apart and he took advantage of it. But at the end of the day, he never wrestled above himself.

Kyle did. He beat several wrestlers ranked much higher than he.

Originally posted by oberebo:

I like your site and it is very helpful research and projecting possible starters for our dual opponents and I will forgive certain obvious errors as this is early and computers can not predict exactly as they are dependent only on human input but a few glaring errors stand out to me and hopefully they will be tweaked by the start of wrestling season.

125. Most obvious error is Gunnar Woodburn who was at Wyoming all of last year after transferring. Boo Lewallen is also shown at 125 which I am pretty sure he will never see again and should be at 133 or 141. Both Kaid Brock and NickPiccininni are shown at 125 and I believe Piccininni will be there and Brock up at 133 but possibly both at 133.

141 & 149 appear to be in line with one exception and that is Joe Smith who I believe will be at 157. You probably can put in as #1 Anthony Collica as by everything I and others have heard he will drop back to 149.

157 157 Other than Collica the wrestlers mentioned will be at this weight but two of the wrestlers mentioned at 165 could possibly be at 157 and they could be Chandler Rogers and/or Chance Marsteller. I do not see either or both of them being content to waste a redshirt freshman year behind Alex Dierenger and I do not believe either would go up to 174.

165 Alex Dierenger and I do not believe he would go up to 174 but it is possible.

174 I believe Crutchmer and Rogers are correct at this weight.

184 The three mentioned should be at this weight.

197 The five wrestlers at this weight appear to be correct but only time will tell how the rankings should be here.

285 I think at this point the two mentioned are the only two at this weight. There has been some talk about Schafer going to heavyweight in the future but certainly not to challenge Marsden in his senior year.

It is way too early for any predictions but I am assuming that John would like to redshirt all of his incoming freshman including Piccininni, Brock, Lewallen, Olson, Moran,Joe Smith,Jordan Dierenger and Andrew Marsden.
This post was edited on 4/8 8:27 AM by oberebo
I've made these changes. Thanks again for the feedback.

ADVERTISEMENT