ADVERTISEMENT

New Star Wars trailer

MegaPoke

May 29, 2001
Tulsa
www.shipmanphotos.com
Oh yeah...

11156247_10206389509478816_895572056852915529_n.jpg

I was just coming here to post the same thing.

I remember about 6 months ago when the first trailer snippet was released and there was a huge outcry over the fact that it appeared to show a black Storm Trooper (when Storm Troopers are supposed to be clones). I reminded everyone that Han and Luke posed as Storm Troopers in episode IV. From this new trailer, it looks like I was on the right track.

Originally posted by Been Jammin:

Watch the phrasing there, Been. Huh-huh.

I hate to be negative on this as I am about as pumped for these as I was before the prequels (it was all downhill after Jar Jar made his first appearance), but did seeing Ford say the line "Chewie...we're home." seem a little weird/hokey? Perhaps I'm still jaded from Crystal Skull, but I hope he seems more Solo-esque for the rest of the movie.

I know, I know--really, being overly critical already?!? The rest of the teaser looked kick ass, but since it was the last scene, it just stuck out to me. The rest of it was worthy of Megapoke's South Park jizz image.

Having the ability to explore the character is one thing Ford is best at. Han Solo is such a dynamic character, I can't wait to see how the director(s) and Ford do with him. Lucas was such a crap director when it came to the art of acting, he was more set on the effects.

I can't wait for this to release!

Storm Troopers were clones two decades before the Death Star. We have no idea what they were in the original movies and the expanded universe (or whatever they're calling it now) had the Storm Trooper Corps down to 1/3 clone by Episode IV. Who knows whether the Empire (or anyone else since we have no idea what became of the Empire without Palpatine and Vader) still even had access to clone technology after their fleet was destroyed and their leadership killed off. You were right though, all the angst over the black Storm a trooper was absurd.

This trailer hit the sweet spot I think. Mark Hamill sounded good. There was some CGI that didn't have me fully believing, and it's hard to imagine a Star Destroyer wreck that intact on a planet surface (unless it was on the surface already when it was destroyed). Harrison Ford did not seem that into it for those 2.5 seconds. Still, it was awesome. I felt like a five-year old on Christmas morning for about a half hour this afternoon.

Originally posted by Been Jammin:

I remember about 6 months ago when the first trailer snippet was released and there was a huge outcry over the fact that it appeared to show a black Storm Trooper (when Storm Troopers are supposed to be clones). I reminded everyone that Han and Luke posed as Storm Troopers in episode IV. From this new trailer, it looks like I was on the right track.
Sorry to interrupt your back patting, but John Boyega confirmed during the Star Wars Celebration minutes before this debuted that his character is in fact a storm trooper. Doesn't mean he remains a storm trooper, obviously.

Otherwise, this trailer was absolutely awesome. Teased a lot of things without really explaining anything. I do remember thinking the Episode I trailer was awesome, though.

Also, did anyone ever play Knightsof the Old Republic? The guy with the crossguard light saber looks almost exactly like Darth Revan from that game.

Marvel released over 500 issues of Star Wars related comic book back issues on its Unlimited Service. I've got a good bit of reading to do.

This thing is a license to print money and I can't wait for it to take mine

Originally posted by cornichon:

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
We've slreay seen ghost-Anikan. Probably referring to his Force existance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Plus, it's literally the exact line from Return of the Jedi.
I think it's actually the very audio from that movie in the trailer.

Originally posted by CowboyJD:

Originally posted by cornichon:

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
We've slreay seen ghost-Anikan. Probably referring to his Force existance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Plus, it's literally the exact line from Return of the Jedi.
I think it's actually the very audio from that movie in the trailer.
Hamill said to the media that it was a new recording that he did.

It is the exact same line.

It does sound different though.

I know who Darth Revan is/was. I really liked KOTOR. Great game, even if it hadn't been Star Wars. It is available at the App Store now btw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT