ADVERTISEMENT

New Grand Cherokee

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Just traded in my wife's 2008 BMW X5 shit box for a new Grand Cherokee. Best damn decision I have EVER made on a car.

Not when you consider how bad that x5 has been. And how bad it will be. Seriously, what the hell happened to BMW? I have other friends that agree, they have really been turds the last 8-10 years. I had 2005 x5 that I loved. It was great, no issues. That 2008 we had was pure garbage.

not to squash your victory laps, but I'd get ready for some issues with Jeep. Have a 2011 and had to wait 2 months for a electronic part because it was a vendor item and out of production. A starter module. Lots of recalls but can't bring it in because they don't have the parts to replace the old ones with. It's a Chrysler. Luckily we bought a warranty. We are waiting on a recall right now but I can't remember what it's for. I will say other than that, it has been good car. I mean, it's not breaking down on the side of the road or anything and your miles ahead over that maintenance pig bmw.

I have a 2010 Wrangler Rubicon that has been rock solid. Not one issue in 5 years that I would call significant. I think the only thing I can think of off the top of my head was the radio needed an update on the software. There was a recall on the rear brakes, but that was fixed immediately. Bought a Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi back in 2003, other than the right window actuator failing, I haven't had any issues with that either.

And I'm sure there are plenty of satisfied bimmer folks, and I was one of them back in 2005 with my first X5, but I have seen and experienced quite a few negatives to say the least on the newer products. Every car company has a few bad apples, but it's the overall amount of bad apples I have seen from BMW lately that is alarming. Couple that with the fact that I have spent waay too much time at around 91st and memorial getting loaner cars....and...yeesh. I quit that squad lol.

And it's funny, used to be easy to get a loaner from BMW when you had service done. The last few trips we made over there it was like pulling teeth to get one. They had become a "call center" or some such (I can't remember the details) and I was told they were experiencing a higher volume of service requests and getting a loaner was difficult. A couple times it was the lone factor (or loan factor, yuk yuk) on when we could actually get our car to the shop. Once, we had to go a couple days without a loaner. Just solidified my thoughts and I'm glad I no longer am slave to their service department lol.

My SIL has a new Grand Cherokee. It is super nice inside and runs well but it beats the hell out of you when you drive it on the Tulsa roads. My wife and I have a Nissan Murano and it rides considerably smoother. I was surprised by how rough that jeep was. Other than that it seems like a really nice ride.

Have two coworkers that both just got rid of their Grand Cherokees (one a 2014 the other a 2013) both with under 50k miles. They had all kinds of issues.

How about someone reply with something positive instead of all these nattering nabobs of negativity lol.

Ok I take it back, BMW is awesome, best car ever, all hail BMW, bmw BMWs BMW bmw!!!

JK...

Will never buy a Jeep product again. I had horrible leak issues in mine that were never solved by multiple dealers. Brother had terrible problems effecting various mechanical parts, features, etc.

Love the way they look, but won't make that mistake again. Good luck and I hope yours is not what I've been around.

I took a shit on it tonite and set it on fire. Wife was happy, she shit on it too. We had a Grand Share-a-Queef.

Reactions: cactusjackosu
I traded again. Got a LeCar. It's awesome. Has a steering wheel.

And brakes.

Amuses me too, but for different reasons I'm sure.

Chortle.

ADVERTISEMENT