ADVERTISEMENT

Need a little help with some GRRM books (The Hedge Knight series)

JonnyVito

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2008
Ok so I am wanting to buy these books. I looked on amazon and it looks like there are different books on there. I can't tell if the others are just newer editions or what. Are there only two of these books out also?

from Wiki

Three novellas have been published – The Hedge Knight (1998), The Sworn Sword (2003) and The Mystery Knight (2010) – and Martin has stated his intention to continue the series. A collection of the existing three novellas, with illustrations by Gary Gianni, is set to be published as A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms in October 2015.

I enjoyed reading them, much lighter reading, but enjoyable and gives a good history lesson of Westerose.

Make sure you have a good family tree of the Targarians handy when reading.

Agree with Cowpoke. All 3 are good reads, and would be enjoyable even for someone who had not read ASOIAF. I acquired all 3 of them by purchasing the books that they were originally published in. Each book is a collection of short stories from various fantasy authors. One of them is called "Warriors" (I think). I don't remember the other two. You can either purchase all 3 books, or wait until October and get the 1 book that Cowpoke referred to. GRRM has stated that he has been writing the 4th Dunk and Egg tale and anticipates its release within the next year. Of course, he has also stated that he has put it on the back burner in order to finish TWOW, so who knows?...

It can be a little confusing. I ended up getting a library card specifically for those.There is also another short story somewhere about the Dance of the Dragons. Not even sure it is really a short story. More like a historical recounting.

It can be a little confusing. I ended up getting a library card specifically for those.There is also another short story somewhere about the Dance of the Dragons. Not even sure it is really a short story. More like a historical recounting.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one. Here is the link to where to find that story. Not as good as the Dunk and Egg Tales, but it does provide some insight as to Targaryean history, how dragons became extinct (until Dani's eggs hatched), who can ride a dragon, how they can be killed, etc. Here is a link if you want to read that story.

http://www.tor.com/2013/07/30/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt/

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one. Here is the link to where to find that story. Not as good as the Dunk and Egg Tales, but it does provide some insight as to Targaryean history, how dragons became extinct (until Dani's eggs hatched), who can ride a dragon, how they can be killed, etc. Here is a link if you want to read that story.

http://www.tor.com/2013/07/30/dangerous-women-george-r-r-martin-excerpt/

Yeah they are no where near as good as the Dunk and Egg stuff (which I think is borderline must read if you like the main series. However, if you have geeked out over the fake history it is okay.

There are actually two historical short stories. Here is the other:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rogue_Prince

Does this book
51TLE5PWiwL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

equal this book?
220px-Hedgeknight.jpg

and this book is the same
Hedge-Knight-II-New-Cover.jpg

as this one
51bvjaix0dL._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg

I guess I am missing the third one. What is it called and where did you guys find it.

Thanks guys you all have been really helpful. I was getting so frustrated last night trying to figure this out. I had them all in my cart so I could compare the descriptions and they all had different ones so I got confused. I also picked up "The Ice Dragon" any of you read that one?

So Ice Dragon is a children's book?? Boy this will be had to cover up with the wife. She already thinks I am a geek on this stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT