ADVERTISEMENT

NBC News/WSJ Poll

NeekReevers

Heisman Candidate
Dec 17, 2002
Very early but the most current NBC/WSJ shows Republican candidates polling as follows:

Jeb Bush - 22%
Scott Walker - 17%
Marco Rubio - 14%
Ben Carson - 11%
Mike Huckabee - 9%
Rand Paul - 7%
Rick Perry - 5%
Ted Cruz - 4%
Chris Christie - 4%
Carly Fiorina - 2%

This is a not surprising, but very disappointing poll for me being a Rand Paul supporter. Mike Huckabee 9%? Jeb vs. Hillary.....I need to just go ahead and give up any hope right now. I also would like to see who the 9% that are supporting Mike Huckabee. He'll probably win Oklahoma.

I gave up a year or so ago. Nothing will change and the course will stay the same regardless of party in charge. I've accepted it.

Reactions: davidallen
I think Sanders will cause the Clinton candidacy to implode and the Dems will nominate Biden. The first part I can readily see. I just can't see any way the Democrat establishment would allow Sanders to to be the candidate. The wild cards are: [1] will Biden run -- especially in light of the death of his son, and [2]can the Clinton machine tear Bernie apart before HRC implodes?

I see no way Bush gets the GOP nomination. It'll probably be Walker or Rubio.

I think Sanders will cause the Clinton candidacy to implode and the Dems will nominate Biden. The first part I can readily see. I just can't see any way the Democrat establishment would allow Sanders to to be the candidate. The wild cards are: [1] will Biden run -- especially in light of the death of his son, and [2]can the Clinton machine tear Bernie apart before HRC implodes?

I would love to see Biden get the nomination as that should almost guarantee a Dem loss.

Primaries are funny things. Don't forget: HRC was heavily favored in the '08 primaries, too.

Why won't Jeb get it?

Joe Biden would be my wet dream of political races. He is a laugh riot, I swear it would be the most entertaining period in American politics if he got elected. Most likely a total disaster for the country but it would be grab the popcorn and watch this buffoon go.

Can you imagine if there was video of US Grant? Biden would make that drunk look sober.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Agree with Marshal, neither Bush/Clinton will be the nominee. It's early still but I really like Walker. Some of the people on that list are a joke....no way Christie gets anywhere near the nomination he's a giant RINO loser. I could see Rubio being nominated as well, young from an immigrant family and so on but he's gonna take some hits from his previous stance on illegals. Like Carly, Carson and Paul as well.
Hillary is an elitist sack on monkey crap, and as hard as her and her minders try to make her look like the common folk it's just never going to happen. I think she also has some health issues. Sanders and O'Malley are going to bust her world up.

Reactions: imprimis
Scratch Rubio then....didn't know about his vote on the trade bill. Republicans are such cowards, the idiot president has shoveled shit in their mouths with a D9 for the last 6+ years and they help him out now. Worthless, gutless cowards.

I've been saying Rubio was a shitbird for quite a while. He's an establishment shitbird. I see Paul opposed it as well. I didn't pay much attention to this until 07pilt started railing against it in a thread a few weeks ago.

For the record: I didn't say I liked Rubio, just that I thought he or Walker seemed likely to get the nominatin. I like him better than Bush, Huckabee or Christie, but that's not saying much.

Not too thrilled about any of them.

Half of those idiots are only candidates so they can sell more books.

Huckabee ahead of Rand Paul and Bush at 22% is mind numbing.

It's not surprising re Paul.

GOP voters overwhelmingly want to send troops (and tax dollars) back into the sand box to help the Shiite militias (and the Iranian government) fight the Sunni crazies.

The Chinese and Russian governments must be laughing their asses off at the thought of us getting ground down (again) in that shithole. Not to mention, we don't even need Iraqi oil anymore as we've become the world's largest oil and gas producer.

I happen to think it would be better for us if as many Shiites and Sunnis kill themselves off as possible.......but if American taxpayers really want to get involved in a religious civil war (while 61,000 of our bridges are in a state of disrepair).......perhaps we should consider re-instututing the draft this time so everyone has equal skin in the game?

How long would people's patitience last from pulling their kids away from their playstations to fight for these inbreds? (many of them are actually, literally, inbred)

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaPoke
For the record: I didn't say I liked Rubio, just that I thought he or Walker seemed likely to get the nominatin. I like him better than Bush, Huckabee or Christie, but that's not saying much.

When it comes down to it -- I'll vote for any of them over what the Dems are offering. This next election is just too important in my mind.

Reactions: imprimis
When it comes down to it -- I'll vote for any of them over what the Dems are offering. This next election is just too important in my mind.

Same thing I've heard for the last several elections from a lot of people. What then, I am left to wonder, is ever going to be the motivation for the GOP establishment to reinvent itself?

I honestly want it to hit whatever level it takes to break the cycle.

Same thing I've heard for the last several elections from a lot of people. What then, I am left to wonder, is ever going to be the motivation for the GOP establishment to reinvent itself?

Dude I understand where you're coming from. At the same time, I've never had the opportunity to vote for a candidate that I agree with 100%. There are a couple of hot button issues that for me, would keep me away, I just haven't really done my homework on most of the available national candidates to see what they stand for. As I said either here or in another thread, I haven't been paying very much attention to the candidates yet. Who knows, maybe the winning candidate will strike out on my hot button issues and I'll stay away for the first time in my voting adult life.

I do know this, I'm sick of establishment Repubs. Maybe the GOP just isn't desperate enough yet to do the right thing.

The Reagan revolution was birthed from times of GOP desperation. As soon as Gipper left office, they put an establishment guy back in (cloaked in Reaganesque lingo) and they were back in business. The GOP has pretty much sucked ever since then. Their only saving grace is that the Democrats have really sucked.

Last edited:

I don't think Walker is good enough at politics. He has had trouble threading the needle on abortion and immigration already.

There is a difference between voting for the candidate you agree with the most and voting for an R just because you hate D's. I hate to assume but I think that most people who vote R would vote third party if they actully agreed more with that candidate. There just haven't been very man quality third party candidates.

I think jimmybob is the only on who would take electability into account for their primary vote.

Pinot Bob chiming in with post #5000 which, even without beverages, still makes me WTF? (For some reason, I couldn't "insert" a smiley here) It's sixteen months until the election and any poll is a joke, but it gives the news channels some propaganda to shovel to the "great unwashed", no matter what their voting preference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT