ADVERTISEMENT

National signing day

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
Today, 11/9 is the first day of national signing day for NCAA wrestling. The period will last one week until 11/16. Now that the less important political events are over it is time to get on with the more important stuff. I joke but just a little. Hopefully, we will good news sooner rather than later and no Micco Sooner means a moment in time and not anything to do with the school down south.

I am getting a little nervous about Fix. He will do what is best for himself and family and my thoughts are OSU is it, but he has not signed yet.

I am getting a little nervous about Fix. He will do what is best for himself and family and my thoughts are OSU is it, but he has not signed yet.
Fix is the last holdout. I read he's the only Top 30 recruit who hasn't officially committed.

No worries we already got Gfellar and we are going to get fix! They are bestfriends and they have been wanting to be on the same team forever! I remember rumors that Gfellar was going to move to sand springs sophmore year. We are going to get both and the future looks bright for us! Go pokes

Reactions: marvin gardens
No worries we already got Gfellar and we are going to get fix! They are bestfriends and they have been wanting to be on the same team forever! I remember rumors that Gfellar was going to move to sand springs sophmore year. We are going to get both and the future looks bright for us! Go pokes
In all honesty, I think he's an OSU lock. And I'm not sure OU would be his second choice if he decides against OSU. But there ARE a couple things that gives OU at least a punchers chance against the rest.

First, Rosselli as our head coach changes things dramatically. He has a very aggressive, intense style of wrestling that I think Daton likes. It's in-state, so scholarship money comes into play versus out of state schools. He's still close enough to home that family can watch him wrestle, and he can easily go home when he wants. Speaking of family, his cousin Cody Karstetter transferred in. Finally, I personally believe OU is going to be back in the national spotlight. I can tell you from personal experience, there's a huge sense of pride knowing you're partially responsible for a program's resurgence (or in my case, setting the standard for the first time).

Again, I think he loves OSU. But if he's looking elsewhere at all, he can do a lot worse than OU.

In all honesty, I think he's an OSU lock. And I'm not sure OU would be his second choice if he decides against OSU. But there ARE a couple things that gives OU at least a punchers chance against the rest.

First, Rosselli as our head coach changes things dramatically. He has a very aggressive, intense style of wrestling that I think Daton likes. It's in-state, so scholarship money comes into play versus out of state schools. He's still close enough to home that family can watch him wrestle, and he can easily go home when he wants. Speaking of family, his cousin Cody Karstetter transferred in. Finally, I personally believe OU is going to be back in the national spotlight. I can tell you from personal experience, there's a huge sense of pride knowing you're partially responsible for a program's resurgence (or in my case, setting the standard for the first time).

Again, I think he loves OSU. But if he's looking elsewhere at all, he can do a lot worse than OU.
So what's the holdup?

A couple of people I talked to while in Stillwater this weekend where as confident as ever that Fix is going to be a Cowboy.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
So what's the holdup?
I believe the holdup is due to making the announcement on Flo. I hope he picks up the orange singlet, hat, shirt or whatever he chooses to display. I am not a fan of this type of announcement but if and when he makes the CORRECT choice I will cheer.

If it were to be OSU, would Coach Smith be at the signing? Sand Springs is only about 45 minutes from the campus. Or would he even know before signing? Don't really know how that works.

Coach Smith knows and has known for months.

I hope so. So many signs point to OSU but article today mentioned he requested LOI's from three schools and the family isn't sure what he will decide and that he is still conflicted.

I hope so. So many signs point to OSU but article today mentioned he requested LOI's from three schools and the family isn't sure what he will decide and that he is still conflicted.
I don't believe the family doesn't know. I think it's more of the hype. All indications point to Okie State...good luck!

Reactions: osu2082
Maybe I'm over thinking this but these high school wrestlers aren't like basketball or football players. They don't get much time in the limelight or attention as recruits. FLO is giving these kids a small taste of that and they are building up the suspense a little.

Of course maybe I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better.

Maybe I'm over thinking this but these high school wrestlers aren't like basketball or football players. They don't get much time in the limelight or attention as recruits. FLO is giving these kids a small taste of that and they are building up the suspense a little.

Of course maybe I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better.

Its very good for the sport IMO. Gives fans something to talk about during this period. Some hype never hurt anybody. Congrats to you all...going to be very tough at the lower weights...Fix is an outstanding get.

Outstanding! I'll admit it....I was nervous. It would have sucked having to watch an OSU wrestler face him with another team like it will be to face Kennedy Monday. It just seems wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT