ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Returning Team Points

Cowboy1989

Commitment
Dec 1, 2009
Is there anywhere to find out how many team points the top 10 finishing teams are returning? If not does someone care to do the math? OSU should be right at the top

Well we return all of our points. Kindig was out only senior and he didn't score any points. I'm not sure about the other teams, but Ohio State had several freshman that did very well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I do know that Ohio St's three freshman scored a little over 60 points by themselves. Those are points that barring injury will be there for three more years. I don't see any of those three laying an egg at the NCAA tournament in future years.

Ohio State has 3 superstar title contenders returning
Penn State has lots of points returning and lots of points redshirting this year
Cornell has 3 stud title contenders returning
OSU has lots of points returning

Those look to be the top 4 to me at a glance

Iowa is returning 4 All Americans I believe but doesn't really have any "superstars" that are almost locks for titles.
Minnesota lost everyone
Missouri lost a bunch
Edinboro lost a ton

Ohio St. - 75
Oklahoma St - 65
Iowa - 58.5
Cornell - 57.5
Virginia Tech - 37.5
Missouri - 37
Penn St - 36.5
Nebraska - 23.5
Edinboro - 16.5
Minnesota - 7

This post was edited on 3/22 10:49 AM by Orangebomber

Ohio State will be tough to beat with those 3 super star freshman. Penn State has a ton of talent in redshirt that they will be reloading with.

Ohio State also has another Jordan redshirting this last year who will likely take 57 and they have a top HWT redshirting that will likely wrestle next year at HWT. That Jordan beat Heil 3 years ago in high school. This next year will be a very important recruiting year. I think that we need a 49, 84, 97 and HWT. It will be very important to get a super star or 2 because Pen. St and Ohio St. will be looking to leave everyone behind. It has been a long time since we have won a national team title. If we would have had our last 2 teams before this year we would have won the title this year I believe. Next year will be a lot tougher to win but we will have a much better team.

Also Michigan returns 48.5 points, 5 All Americans and 9 of 10 starters, and have some good recruits coming in, including one of the nations top ones Massa who has a brother on the team this year.

An Ohio State fan told me that they have some real studs in redshirt this year to add to the three superstar freshmen next year. Of course, they also said that Bo Jordan would thump Alex. As it turned out, the only chance Bo had was to injure Alex, which he did. Not saying it was intentional (although there does seem to be a pattern there). However, the commentators on the LiveSports feed at the arena commented on how the way Jordan locks up one of the legs of the opponent when he applies that banana split, spladle or whatever, was illegal until a couple of years ago. Now it is left to the referee to determine in each individual situation.

Are you sure Penn State only returns 36.5 points? They scored 67.5 points and only graduate Brown and Lawson I think? Did Brown and Lawson score 31 points between them?

Don't we have the number one ranked wrestler in the country coming into the program?

That sounds about right for Lawson and Brown. Brown was probably over 20 and Lawson would have been close to 10. AD and Klimara scored 34.5 and they had similar finishes.
Southern, last year the number 2 recruit, behind Snyder, came in. He is red shirting and is at 165, so he must wait another year or try to go down.

That PSU number doesn't account for Nico and Zain's points

Since it looks like it's only counting this year's holdovers.

That said, omitting them obscures their true strength.

Southern, it depends on what service. Marstellar was p4p #1 or #2 in most rankings.

CT, it does not count their points, but it's tough to until you know the line up. You can't add too many for nico, since he would be replacing an AA. If ZR moves up, how many points do you count? How would that move affect 33 and 41?
It might be not completely accurat, but it's the only way to countil this early.

Returning Team Points

Originally posted by Cowboy1989:

Are you sure Penn State only returns 36.5 points? They scored 67.5 points and only graduate Brown and Lawson I think? Did Brown and Lawson score 31 points between them?

brown/lawson ----------> 31 team points

This post was edited on 3/24 5:07 AM by jon_osu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT