ADVERTISEMENT

My first AR

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
I got to this party pretty late lol.

I have to preface by this saying I have been on a gun buying binge for about 6 months. My dad had quite a collection up until about 4 years ago and sold them when he got sick. At the time is it seemed like the right thing to do, we kept all my guns from when I was a kid, but dad felt like he needed to purge the safe. Some of those that went are utter heart breakers...namely a very, very nice M1 carbine, it was a General Motors Inland gun. Anyway, I jumped back into the hobby full force this past year and started getting my own little collection going. I wanted to get back examples of what was sold, but some of those are either difficult to find or not feasible at this time (one was a pristine model 37 WW2 Ithaca trench shotgun...look that up lol...another was a Hi-Standard 22 Mag derringer and a wallet holster with the trigger cut out....I bellies those require a form 3 now). But what I have never focused on was buying an AR. Still would love to find either a Garand or maybe even an M14. Might go the CMP route if there's much left there.

I ended up getting what I feel was a good buy on an Anderson, 1:7 twist barrel, magpul accessories (some UTG, I don't know as much about them), Vortex Strikefire red dot, 45 degree back up ghost ring sights, single point sling for now, and that's about it really. I found a similar one selling for about 500 more than what I paid, so i dont know, either that was too high or mine price was low. But, I'm happy with the gun and it has performed well in the one range trip I have had so far. I figured I would snag one now that prices have kind of went down for AR stuff. Perhaps with all the political stuff ramping up again about guns with the recent shootings, it may start to drive prices up again. Which I don't want of course, terrible way to influence prices.

I really hope we can find a happy medium between us gun owners and those that are opposed to the very idea. I grew up shooting, huning, and collecting guns with my dad. My first shotgun. The bitter 18 degree pheasant hunt back in 1988 in Kansas. Hunting with buddies in high school. These are memories I enjoy.

Anyway, i mention that because there was a couple of other guns I was eye balling but I decided to get the AR now before things (if they do at all) were to go up in price. If anyone has an Anderson or an opinion, let me know.

I'd start finding classic calibers in older, great condition guns, along with newer mid priced guns that are incredibly accurate.

I know nothing of Andersons or really the current AR market. I have two, though. One is a cheaper Bushmaster that I bought just to have and beat around with. The second is a nicer one with a Spikes Tactical lower and Patriot Ordinance Factory upper in 6.8 SPC. It shoots pretty good.

I like AR's and there are a ton of higher quality options

I know nothing of Andersons or really the current AR market. I have two, though. One is a cheaper Bushmaster that I bought just to have and beat around with. The second is a nicer one with a Spikes Tactical lower and Patriot Ordinance Factory upper in 6.8 SPC. It shoots pretty good.

I like AR's and there are a ton of higher quality options

There are some really great options out there. High quality stuff much better than what you could find when the AR ban lifted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT