ADVERTISEMENT

More proof Republicans are dumber than ish

prison and alcohol aren't the ones stopping this is the big pharmacy companies stopping this. Imagine if for an upset stomach you just took a natural compound from a plant with no side effects. Or for a headache or to help get an appetite. Legal pot will really hurt them and they know it. Hell just the science for those poor kids with seizures that helps them have a normal life is worth making it medically available. That is the stuff that pisses me off the most about this.

Now the prisons would be about 60% less full which would mean they would have room for illegal aliens I guess....

I hate both parties almost equally. These morons had better wake up. Their bread is ultimately buttered by the voters not big money interests.

There are too many people that could be helped by the use of THC oils and meds.

You think these people care about the voters? Their bread, as well as there bank accounts, are most definitely buttered by big money interests.

Reactions: TD_4OSU
You think these people care about the voters? Their bread, as well as there bank accounts, are most definitely buttered by big money interests.

Of course they don't care about voters. That's the problem and the very reason I hate almost every one of them.

But they can't get elected without voters. And that's the reason a good number of them hate us. From a couple of sources that have been there -- you would be shocked the way they privately talk about us. They don't care. It's all about getting reelected and holding on to power and getting those under the table paydays.

There are a few that break the mold, but they don't last long.

Of course they don't care about voters. That's the problem and the very reason I hate almost every one of them.

But they can't get elected without voters. And that's the reason a good number of them hate us. From a couple of sources that have been there -- you would be shocked the way they privately talk about us. They don't care. It's all about getting reelected and holding on to power and getting those under the table paydays.

There are a few that break the mold, but they don't last long.

Representation is dead. We are way out of scale and far to large to ever have real representation in our current state.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Who's surprised? They're always wrong. "Conservative" is literally defined as: "holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion."

It's the predictable conservative, chickenshit move: Insist on criminalizing it while simultaneously prohibit developing concrete facts about it. They're obviously afraid of being proven wrong. They have black hearts.

Who's surprised? They're always wrong. "Conservative" is literally defined as: "holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion."

It's the predictable conservative, chickenshit move: Insist on criminalizing it while simultaneously prohibit developing concrete facts about it. They're obviously afraid of being proven wrong. They have black hearts.
The reality of liberals is that they believe a liberal policy cannot fail. Instead of admitting failure, they blame conservatives for messing it up or claim a bigger, more overseeing government and more rich taxpayer dollars are needed to create the success they envision. A liberal can smell success through the huge pile of stinking trash the liberal policy created while the rest of us are looking for a way to clean the pile of trash up.

One interesting thing I've learned about the Democrat party over the years is that there is a ruling minority and an enslaved low information majority. Liberals make up the minority and the recipients of their policies make up the majority. What is most interesting is that the different populations in the majority don't give a shit or even understand anything about the liberal agenda that doesn't pertain to them.

Marijuana and gay marriage. The gifts that keep on giving.

Self inflicted GOP albatrosses. Both.

Let's say they come out in full favor of both legalizing marijuana and gay marriage. You think that changes the electorate? Heck throw in amnesty as well.

Let's say they come out in full favor of both legalizing marijuana and gay marriage. You think that changes the electorate? Heck throw in amnesty as well.

I think it does change the electorate. Republicans are constantly brutalized, deservedly so, on their stances on social issues. I have never met a religious right independent. I am sure they are out there but I can't imagine they would be the norm. Additionally, both of those stances make sense regardless of the moral objections of some. As long as the GOP holds on to those stances we will continue to have Sally Kerns and Barack Obamas.

Reactions: MegaPoke
I think it does change the electorate. Republicans are constantly brutalized, deservedly so, on their stances on social issues. I have never met a religious right independent. I am sure they are out there but I can't imagine they would be the norm. Additionally, both of those stances make sense regardless of the moral objections of some. As long as the GOP holds on to those stances we will continue to have Sally Kerns and Barack Obamas.

I don't think it does change the electorate. Too many liberals in the highly populated high electoral count areas. I've always maintained if you ran a strict conservative against a strict liberal/progressive and those candidates had to run a campaign based on what they truly believe and how they would truly govern, the conservative would win every time. I'm in the camp that thinks we're still a center right nation. Liberals can't run on what they truly believe because they know it won't fly with the American public. I don't know what the answer is but apparently trying to moderate a candidate hasn't gotten them anywhere. If they keep trotting out Romneys and McCains they will continue to lose.

It absolutely changes it. The GOP has no competition for the religious right vote. Taking these issues permanently off the table doesn't lose anyone currently voting GOP. it may piss them off but who are they gonna vote for?

Embracing these topics takes away a lot of negative campaign fuel and attracts a lot of independents and fiscally conservative social progressives.

Right now, if you are politically conservative but gay or smoke pot - or really, are sympathetic to either issue, voting GOP is no lock. And the generation of kids coming up tends to be very open minded of race and lifestyle regardless of politics. These topics are already doomed to irrelevance socially.

If the GOP ever scaled down and focused on fiscal conservatism and foreign policy, leaving social engineering to parents and churches, they could go toe to toe with progressives where it matters.

Reactions: shortbus
Right now, if you are politically conservative but gay or smoke pot - or really, are sympathetic to either issue, voting GOP is no lock.

This is so true. I won't vote for any candidate against using marijuana for medicinal purposes.

It absolutely changes it. The GOP has no competition for the religious right vote. Taking these issues permanently off the table doesn't lose anyone currently voting GOP. it may piss them off but who are they gonna vote for?

Embracing these topics takes away a lot of negative campaign fuel and attracts a lot of independents and fiscally conservative social progressives.

Right now, if you are politically conservative but gay or smoke pot - or really, are sympathetic to either issue, voting GOP is no lock. And the generation of kids coming up tends to be very open minded of race and lifestyle regardless of politics. These topics are already doomed to irrelevance socially.

If the GOP ever scaled down and focused on fiscal conservatism and foreign policy, leaving social engineering to parents and churches, they could go toe to toe with progressives where it matters.

I can agree with some of that. The gop does have the religious right vote, but if you piss them off they just stay home and don't vote. Where does that leave you? I totally understand and agree that the social issues need to fade away for the gop, but the media won't let those issues die. If a candidate scaled down and focused on fiscal conservatism and foreign policy they will be hammered with social issue questions at every debate. They will have to answer them. Hell that's how the war on women happened to Romney. A question out of left field from Stephanopolous.

I just don't think that if say Rubio all of a sudden changed his stance on social issues it will do any good at this point. I guess it's a starting point as you put it earlier. This election will be framed by the media as the election about immigration, gay marriage, marijuana, ACA, war on women and so on. Talking about the real issues gets you beat in todays world. It's a tough position for the gop, but they put themselves in this position. It will be interesting to watch.

Just a little confused. Many candidates are against it. Many Americans believe it has value.

Even in our own state the recently passed bill only allowed the use CBD oil in the context of a controlled study....I.e. your doctor could only prescribe it if your child was taking part in one of 2 studies at OU Medical Center. Everyone else is SOL for the time being. I guess it's semantics but I would say OK does not allow medical marijuana so clearly some people are still against it no matter how stupid you have to be to be against it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT