ADVERTISEMENT

Mindhunter on Netflix

Worth a watch.
source.gif

Love the show. Excellent historical fiction. The guy that plays Kemper is also in Umbrella Academy and does great.

Seriously all the actors who play the killers are amazing. Look up any of them and see how spot on the physical characteristics are. Coupled with speech and mannerisms. It’s uncanny

Seriously all the actors who play the killers are amazing. Look up any of them and see how spot on the physical characteristics are. Coupled with speech and mannerisms. It’s uncanny

Oh, I absolutely agree.

The flaw in that show is the attempt to add persona home stories of the FBI. I wanted to FF episodes in season two about Agent Tench’s son. And same thing with Anna Torv’s girlfriend. Slow, boring, and nothing to do with main story.

Reactions: FMPoke
The flaw in that show is the attempt to add persona home stories of the FBI. I wanted to FF episodes in season two about Agent Tench’s son. And same thing with Anna Torv’s girlfriend. Slow, boring, and nothing to do with main story.

iI wholeheartedly agree!

Yeah could do without, but it’s a very small piece and doesn’t really detract for me.

Finally got around to watching the first two seasons. Good show. Trying to figure out how much is fiction and how much is fact. Has anyone read the book? Have to agree with the above comments on the personnel stories. I assume Bill's son thread is leading somewhere although so far it hasn't added much. The whole Wendy lesbian angle just feels wedge in. Quite bluntly Wendy didn't add much of anything to season two.

Interest to see where this goes. Read a couple of articles that said it is planned to do five years. They have really teased BTK which was the units big failing. They totally whiffed on his profile but the series seems to be downplaying that in his portrayal and playing up is freak side. He was arrested until 2005 so they obviously aren't going there any time soon. Probably will have a season focused on the failed attempt to catch him ending with them assuming he's dead or in jail.

Last edited:
Reactions: AC_Exotic
I assume Bill's son thread is leading somewhere although so far it hasn't added much.

My guess is that it is going to take us down the path of Bill seeing these issues with his son and wrestling with being an absent father, and wondering if he is going to grow up to be a serial killer.

Trying to figure out how much is fiction and how much is fact.

Don't know the detailed answer, but was looking into this a bit and saw that Holden's character is (at least partially) based on the same guy that Jack Crawford was based on. He was Clarice's boss (played by Scott Glen) on Silence of the Lambs. The actual agent's name was John E. Douglass. I think it is interesting to imagine an older version of Holden being the character in Silence of the Lambs.

Being a retired agent, I can tell you the show is very realistic. When I went through the academy (1979-ouch) this unit was in it’s 3rd year. They had just relocated to the academy in Quantico, VA and were teaching two classes(1 each) in the new agents training. They taught classes part-time and were on the road part-time. They were teaching police officers and interviewing these serial criminals. I remember Douglas because I later bumped into him in the field. I also remember they had such interesting stories and such interesting slides.

I can tell you the operation of the bureau depicted in the show is realistic. Since I know nothing of Douglas’ family nor have I read his book, I cannot comment on that.

Being a retired agent, I can tell you the show is very realistic. When I went through the academy (1979-ouch) this unit was in it’s 3rd year. They had just relocated to the academy in Quantico, VA and were teaching two classes(1 each) in the new agents training. They taught classes part-time and were on the road part-time. They were teaching police officers and interviewing these serial criminals. I remember Douglas because I later bumped into him in the field. I also remember they had such interesting stories and such interesting slides.

I can tell you the operation of the bureau depicted in the show is realistic. Since I know nothing of Douglas’ family nor have I read his book, I cannot comment on that.

Thanks for sharing. Good info.

Reactions: KCMOrange

Very cool!

Reactions: KCMOrange
Mindhunter is on indefinite hold. David Fincher intends to eventually do 5 seasons. But, he was working on other projects, so Netflix felt compelled to release the actors to do other projects.

Mindhunter is on indefinite hold. David Fincher intends to eventually do 5 seasons. But, he was working on other projects, so Netflix felt compelled to release the actors to do other projects.
This kills me. It’s the best show I’ve watched in a long time. Hope Fincher comes back to it soon!

That’s so cool!

Reactions: AC_Exotic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT