ADVERTISEMENT

Mike T. and Dean Heil

1stplacehawk

All-Big12
Feb 10, 2013
Hey Mike, I don't know if you forgot but we made a little wager at the beginning of the season about Dean Heil's NCAA placement. You said he would finish top 5, and I foolishly doubted you. I don't know that we ever made a dollar amount but the phrase small wager was used ($50?). Name the wrestling related cause to which you would like me to send the check and it's in the mail.

~Paul

Another Hawk fan here. Just wanted to say I really liked watching Heil wrestle. The kid gets it. Of course AD is a beast, but I was also really impressed with Krutchmer. After watching the Storley match I wasn't surprised to see him beat Evans. He is only getting better and I'm sure gaining confidence.

Don't you Hawks come in here making me like you!

For what it is worth, I pegged you guys to run away with and have 3 finalists (I think.) After the second day, I felt kind of bad for ya...and I don't like that! I thought I was required to enjoy that, however, I found myself pulling for you guys against Pedo State and tOSU every time!

Also, it is worth mentioning that I really enjoy watching Clark, Sorenson and Gilman Wrestle. I wouldn't mind seeing those guys win Titles and the team finishing runner-up to us next year!

1stplacehawk, I think we made the bet on your board if I remember correctly. It was at the start of the season and Dean was going to be our 133 pounder. I think the bet was for $1000
wink.r191677.gif
, you don't have to pay me but if you want send it to the Cowboy wrestling Club, 1308 Bumpy Rd, Stillwater OK 74074. Your a good man even if your a hawk fan>

Originally posted by mike tognetti:

1stplacehawk, I think we made the bet on your board if I remember correctly. It was at the start of the season and Dean was going to be our 133 pounder. I think the bet was for $1000
wink.r191677.gif
, you don't have to pay me but if you want send it to the Cowboy wrestling Club, 1308 Bumpy Rd, Stillwater OK 74074. Your a good man even if your a hawk fan>
I forgot where it was made, but was feeling pretty good about it at the time, lol. Heil really came on at the end of the year, and is looking like the wrestler everyone was expecting out of high school. I'll send a check to the Cowboy Wrestling Club tomorrow. I just hope that Tom and Terry can find it in their hearts to forgive me.

A Hawk fan donating $50 to the club just because of a bet, I'll put another $100 in just to show that no Hawk fan can out due a Cowboy. Anybody else want to add to the club?

Originally posted by EquiteVaccatores:
If you're really serious, the Cowboy Wrestling Club would put your funds to good use.
I was absolutely serious and mailed the check yesterday

This has to be one of the most priceless threads in the history of this board.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I got to speak with Dean at the party Saturday nite and congratulate him on his performance.

The kid knows how to get hold of a leg as well as what to do with it.

He doesnt just sit on it once he gets a leg.

He got clobbered by Jack in the NC State dual just weeks earlier but returned the favor when it counted.

I look for huge things from him in the future. We can look forward to several years of strong performances at the lower weights in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT