ADVERTISEMENT

Mad Max Fury Road

cactusjackosu

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2002
100% on rotten tomatoes.......getting great reviews. I'm there on friday!

I am so frigging excited. As we've discussed ad nauseum in another thread, I was a bit let down by Avengers. This one looks like pure crazy fun. Can't wait.

My one and only gripe about the whole thing is that Netlfix streaming doesn't have the old Mad Max movies available. It seems like a no-brainer for the couple months leading to the release of the new film.

I haven't been to the theaters in a good while but might head that way for this one.

It does not look like it appeals to me by the trailers I have seen. Can someone explain the hype to someone that has not seen any of the other movies?

The new one is essentially a 2-hour chase movie. I haven't seen it yet of course, but based on what I've read, it's got really good performances, insane action, and real stunts. They filmed for 130+ days in the desert of Namibia and were actually doing the stunts with people tied to the front of cars, people standing on cars, and people swinging on poles between cars as they drive around. This isn't a CGI-fest like most action flicks are now.

I think I'm most excited about because it just seems so different. It's R-rated, with the type of action and violence that implies, but also full of just crazy freaks that you don't see anywhere else. I appreciate the fact that it takes huge onions to release a rated-R movie with a bad guy who looks like an albino mutant, a main character who doesn't talk much and is played by an actor taking over for a guy who was one of the biggest stars in the world, another main character played by an incredibly beautiful woman without conventional makeup and a shaved head, all in what supposedly feels like one 2-hour-long scene. It seems like it exemplifies "balls to the wall."

It does not look like it appeals to me by the trailers I have seen. Can someone explain the hype to someone that has not seen any of the other movies?

You should really watch the first 2 (Mad Max and The Road Warrior). IMO, the first one isn't as good because it was obviously a low budget flick (but the story is solid). It takes place in what appears to be a post apocalyptic world that still has some remnants of laws/civilization. The second one is your classic post-apocalyptic flick, with a ton of action and a solidly written story. If you saw Waterworld, with Kevin Costner, it is something of a version of The Road Warrior except that the acting is worse, it takes place on the water, and the story is weaker.

I may be the only person that some what enjoyed waterworld lol. It had it's bad moments, but I didn't mind.

Reactions: Schoonerman
I may be the only person that some what enjoyed waterworld lol. It had it's bad moments, but I didn't mind.

I'm with you. If you liked it, you would definitely enjoy The Road Warrior. Very similar story. Much better movie.

Those of you that have seen it. Is it too much for a 12 year old boy?

My son wants to see it badly, but I think it is too much for him. Am I crazy?

I didn't go to bed until around 2, so my head is still a bit foggy and can't remember all the details.

I think it all depends on what he's been exposed too. There's no blatant nudity like Game of Thrones. No unnecessary cursing like in Die Hard 2.

It's basically like a 2 hour car chase with a solid plot. It's post apocalyptic so imagine the weirdos/cults/tribes that would surface.

He's probably been exposed to more horrors and tragedy by being an OSU fan anyway.

Take him. Baptism by fire.

Last edited:
The action sequences are pretty fantastic and it's worth the price of admission just to watch what they did to fabricate all the vehicles.

That being said, Max isn't much more than a sidekick and I'm tired of watching Tom Hardy movies where he doesn't have any lines.

7/10

just got back from seeing it with my 13 year old son. We both really liked it. Nothing bad for kids other than violence. Really not even that much blood. Great movie! Really fun ride.

Couple next to me talked to each other for the entire first half. Really pissed me off. I don't understand why some people need to be asked/told to be quiet at a movie. At least they shut up after I asked them nicely.

It was completely and totally bad ass. It's insane and offers no explanation to some of the outlandish characters and motives. It was a blast from the second it started to the end. Go. Have fun.

Saw it last night. The action sequences were great.

The only thing missing was the quirky Australian humor that appears in the first run of movies.

Did anyone else notice that the big baddie in this flick is the same actor that played the bad guy in the original late 70s flick?.

Saw it last night. The action sequences were great.

The only thing missing was the quirky Australian humor that appears in the first run of movies.

Did anyone else notice that the big baddie in this flick is the same actor that played the bad guy in the original late 70s flick?.

I just watched this. I know this thread is a few months old but I was REALLY impressed with the overall movie. Not as impressed with Tom Hardy in the title role. And yes, I noticed the actor playing Immorten Joe was the same guy that played the Toecutter. He's an underrated actor really.

I would say that I think this Road Warrior series could have been something bigger had it been made a few years ago. Keep Mel Gibson in the same role and whatnot, tie in the movies a little more with more continuity between the antagonists...i dont know...but the new movie was well done and it makes you want to know the back story on how the characters got to where they were.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT