ADVERTISEMENT

Loud stupid people

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
When I'm at some of the finer establishments (QT, Walmart, Dollar General) in the Claremore area and I'm greeted by the sounds of obnoxiously loud and ignorant asses who feel the need to announce their presence either by talking loudly on their cell phones or just by spouting off whatever stupid bs they think might cast a gaze in their general direction, I think to myself how and why Facebook is as popular as it is....

When I'm at some of the finer establishments (QT, Walmart, Dollar General) in the Claremore area and I'm greeted by the sounds of obnoxiously loud and ignorant asses who feel the need to announce their presence either by talking loudly on their cell phones or just by spouting off whatever stupid bs they think might cast a gaze in their general direction, I think to myself how and why Facebook is as popular as it is....

is that you and your wife in your pic? sorry if you covered this topic already

Yes it's us lol. And no, no one has ever asked before

Thanks! She kinda out kicked her coverage a bit but it's all good....*sarcasm*

you both feel out of the good looking tree (no homo)

Thanks again, I am fortunate to have any looks after 10 years of off and on chemo and crap. I think working out like a mad man throughout my teens, twenties and thirties up until I was about 37 or 38 kinda helped. My wife is just blessed, she eats more than I do and still has abs. And she doesn't work out at all and stays about 105. She's just a good person overall, I would say that even if she wasn't my wife.

Funny thing, we met online and neither of us put our best pics on the site, because I was tired of meeting women who might have all the bells and whistles on the outside, but were stone cold evil on the inside (I'm not trying to be pretentious, a single doc doesn't always attract the best "girls"). I had actually decided that I was going to strictly find someone who was a "take home to mom kinda gal" (which is what I wanted all along, but....easy to get sidetracked). When I first saw her my jaw dropped...this was after a couple of weeks of just talking on the phone and emails. We dated for almost a year and we were just hanging out one night and she said, "well, why don't we get married this summer?" I said, "yeah, that sounds like a plan". Lol. And that's really how it all went down...Ahhhh...the ease of relationships after 35 lol.

yup... respect!!! and especially respect to online dating game... it's hard man... I tried it for a few months and decided I wanted to be single and was not ready to put in the effort to really get out there and figure it out...

Being single has its merits...being married does too. I still, on the really bad days...sometimes think about how easy it all was when I was single lol. But...I wake up next to my wife and that all goes away...better than waking up hung over after a night in bars sword fighting over the one girl that doesn't "look" crazy lol

Being single has its merits...being married does too. I still, on the really bad days...sometimes think about how easy it all was when I was single lol. But...I wake up next to my wife and that all goes away...better than waking up hung over after a night in bars sword fighting over the one girl that doesn't "look" crazy lol

yeah, I was in a bad marriage for years and will have been single for 2 years this Sept. Been getting some "hey, I wanna try this, try that" stuff out of my system and thought I would try out the dating scene during the process. I was not ready to even remotely give the dating thing as much attention as it seemed to require so I stopped.

Funny thing is, I recently found what I currently consider to be a possible keeper. Really digging her style, very laid back, a go getter and what not... it's crazy how fast we are going with our conversations on next steps, it just feels right... trying not to read too much into it right now, just taking it day by day and enjoying it...

But I definitely agree with you, I bet there is nothing like having that one you wake up to everyday and get to enjoy life's up's and down's together...

Dating isn't as hard as people make it out to be, I think it's mainly dealing with all the jaded emotions of prior relationships that get people sidetracked. If it was just, "hey, you are cute, I dig you, you dig me", it would be pretty easy and everyone would find someone without much hassle. We all start out that way in high school, some folks even get married that way, but too often you have to go through the teens and 20s when people are just pure crap to each other and both parties usually haven't learned compassion and the "give and take" of life. Therefore, most folks develop walls and preconceived notions about the opposite sex...which in turn are just obstacles to what could possibly be very healthy and happy relationships.

That doesn't explain everything lol, but it's kind of the basis for why I took about 5 years and didn't do much dating after a TUMULTUOUS period from about 30 to 35. I had to find myself again during that time, had to learn some extremely hard lessons....and finally wound up here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT