ADVERTISEMENT

lineup saturday?

Anything finalized?
According to John 7 weights appear to be finalized with 133,157 and 197 still not named. He did name Jordan Rogers starter at 184 but is taking Nolan Boyd. He is taking three at 133 including true freshman Kaid Brock but in my opinion he will start Harding. He is taking Chance Marsteller and Joe Smith at 157 but I believe he will put Marsteller on the mat. Eddie K will start at 125, Dean Heil at 141, Anthony Collica at 149, Alex Dierenger at 165, Kyle Crutchmer at 174, Austin Schafer at 197 and Austin Marsden at hwt. I do not see a scenario where the two true freshman start unless the last match is at 157 and the score is close. Pulling Kaid Brock out of red shirt to wrestle Corey Clark does not seem to be in the cards.

I think that will happen during the match. I truly think that Chance Marsteller is one of the best 165 pounders in the country, but will have a problem being a 157 pounder.

According to John 7 weights appear to be finalized with 133,157 and 197 still not named. He did name Jordan Rogers starter at 184 but is taking Nolan Boyd. He is taking three at 133 including true freshman Kaid Brock but in my opinion he will start Harding. He is taking Chance Marsteller and Joe Smith at 157 but I believe he will put Marsteller on the mat. Eddie K will start at 125, Dean Heil at 141, Anthony Collica at 149, Alex Dierenger at 165, Kyle Crutchmer at 174, Austin Schafer at 197 and Austin Marsden at hwt. I do not see a scenario where the two true freshman start unless the last match is at 157 and the score is close. Pulling Kaid Brock out of red shirt to wrestle Corey Clark does not seem to be in the cards.
Flowrestling shows this scenario:
125 Eddie Klimara #7 v. Gilman #3 Dec. to Gilman Iowa 3-0
133 Gary Wayne Harding v. #2 Cory Clark MD to Clark Iowa 7-0
141 Dean Heil #5 v. Logan Ryan MD to Heil Iowa 7 OSU 4
149 Anthony Collica #9 v. Sorenson #3 Dec. to Sorenson 10-4 Iowa
157 Chance Marsteller V. Edwin Cooper dec. to Marsteller 10-7 Iowa
165 #1 Alex Dierenger v. Burke Paddock TF to Dierenger 12-10 OSU
174 #3 Kyle Crutchmer v. #6 Alex Meyer dec. to Crutchmer 15-10 OSU
184 Jordan Rogers #17 v. #11 Brooks Dec. to Brooks 15-13 OSU
197 Austin Schafer v. #4 Burak dec. to Burak 16-15 Iowa
285 Austin Marsden #4 v. Sam Stoll dec. to Marsden FINAL OSU 18 Iowa 16

If 197 isn't finalized I wonder if that means Boyd could go up. I had not thought of that until CP mentioned it on his write up. I agree with CM at 57, but I still think we see Crutchmer at 133. No need to pull either shirt until we know who is going for the year.

If 197 isn't finalized I wonder if that means Boyd could go up. I had not thought of that until CP mentioned it on his write up. I agree with CM at 57, but I still think we see Crutchmer at 133. No need to pull either shirt until we know who is going for the year.

If GW is a better option than Crutchmer I don't see why we would worry about his redshirt. If Kaid is the starter next year where would GW go? You have Picinninni at 125 and Heil at 141.

If GW is a better option than Crutchmer I don't see why we would worry about his redshirt. If Kaid is the starter next year where would GW go? You have Picinninni at 125 and Heil at 141.
You never know how things are going to settle over the years. I just would hate to burn both shirts this year.

Kyle Crutchmer won't be wrestling this weekend. I ran into him at lunch a couple of days ago. He has a NASTY staph infection in his right hand--it's pretty swollen. Conservative antibiotic treatment hasn't worked, so he's probably going to have to spend some time at the infusion clinic.

Reactions: osu2082
So I was thinking, with this news I would seriously doubt and true freshman are wrestling on Saturday. If Crutchmer is out, not saying C. Rog is not good, cause he is great, what are the chances he beats Meyer? If Iowa takes this weight and the other weights they are favored at, We are going to have to be bonus point machines and limit theirs to none, or pull off some major upsets. Do you think Marsteller can get some bonus? Does Brock have a better shot at competing with Clark? Thoughts?

So I was thinking, with this news I would seriously doubt and true freshman are wrestling on Saturday. If Crutchmer is out, not saying C. Rog is not good, cause he is great, what are the chances he beats Meyer? If Iowa takes this weight and the other weights they are favored at, We are going to have to be bonus point machines and limit theirs to none, or pull off some major upsets. Do you think Marsteller can get some bonus? Does Brock have a better shot at competing with Clark? Thoughts?
Not saying this is going to happen as I do not know where Rogers certified but if he certified at 165 then you wrestle Rogers at 165 and Dierenger at 174 and we should win both matches. Kaid Brock is not ready to wrestle Cory Clark so taking him out of redshirt makes no sense to me. Kaid is going to be good but Clark is #2 in the country and an All-American.

or you could wrestle blees 57, marsteller 65 and dieringer 74......on the chance that rogers cant make it down to 65.....just thinking out loud
it will be interesting to see what happens

or you could wrestle blees 57, marsteller 65 and dieringer 74......on the chance that rogers cant make it down to 65.....just thinking out loud
it will be interesting to see what happens
I think that lineup even gives us a better chance of winning the dual then when Kyle is in the lineup.

Reactions: oberebo
That is interesting. We have strong backups, but the possibility of putting a pinner like Chandler Rogers in at 165 and having Ringer winning at 174 does change the game. I think Ringer is one of the few guys you would do this with. If he goes up to 174 does he still retain his certification at 165 or does he have to make weight at 165 and then decides to wrestle at 174?

Alex would have to lose weight according to NCAA rules after that. So be it, this year Alex doesn't have to wrestle every match and I hope he doesn't. Let some of our other studs wrestle and fill in and show some growth during the season. Would be good for Chance to fill in that weight (165) and show his metal.

I like that idea. I have no idea who would be stronger at 165 Marstellar or Rogers, but you are correct that let's see what these younger guys can do and keep everybody healthy in March.

Not saying this is going to happen as I do not know where Rogers certified but if he certified at 165 then you wrestle Rogers at 165 and Dierenger at 174 and we should win both matches. Kaid Brock is not ready to wrestle Cory Clark so taking him out of redshirt makes no sense to me. Kaid is going to be good but Clark is #2 in the country and an All-American.
I will admit I don't know all the cert rules, but can C Rogers go all the way to 65 after weighing in just under 74 6 days prior?

Alex would have to lose weight according to NCAA rules after that. So be it, this year Alex doesn't have to wrestle every match and I hope he doesn't. Let some of our other studs wrestle and fill in and show some growth during the season. Would be good for Chance to fill in that weight (165) and show his metal.
Alex can weigh in at his normal weight for 165. He would not have to lose weight the following week. You have to lose a percentage of the weight you weighed in but not if he just weighs in at the normal weight for 165. Actually since we do not wrestle for two weeks after this dual and it South Dakota State he could weigh more and get down by the time we wrestled Minnesota but he could not weigh in at 174 and do it.

Mike is correct about Chandler not being able to do 165 in a week. It was an open tournament and not official so I do not know whether that matters or not.

Ringer up to 174 has me worried...he beats Meyer with no doubt in my mind. That goes from 174 being a swing match to Okie State favored. This would put you guys as the favorites at 141, 157, 165, 174, and 285 and us as the favorites at 125, 133, 197 with toss-ups at 149 and 184. This isn't looking good for us Hawks...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT