ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Predict what Happens after the Crises is Resolved

1981grad

Redshirt
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2016
1. Many Americans who are now working from home will want to remain working from home.
2. Supply chain will be blown up and improved.
a. More countries being involved in manufacturing of goods because of to many eggs in China's
basket
b. American companies coming up with solutions for more manufacturing from the U.S. because of
the breakdown in the world's supply chain.
c. A percentage of important products, as in health care, must be manufactured in the U.S.

1. Many Americans who are now working from home will want to remain working from home.
a. More countries being involved in manufacturing of goods because of to many eggs in China's
basket
b. American companies coming up with solutions for more manufacturing from the U.S. because of
c. A percentage of important products, as in health care, must be manufactured in the U.S.
Heard someone on TV saying most if not all of the IV bags are manufactured in Puerto Rico and that the hurricane Maria took out the plant. Said we have had a shortage ever since. Said we have to manufacture some of these in the US along with script drugs that are now all made in China.

Reactions: xplor58
I think it will help in the long run. Many of the changes we will see (more domestic production, improvements in the supply chain) have needed to be addressed but no one was willing to mess with the status quo. I'm also hoping we see the spread of other viruses decrease because more people are more aware of basic hygiene.

I think many companies will realize that they can still survive with a work from home employee base. We already had a group that was doing this but I can see us adding more to the mix.

The downside is going to be even less human interaction. I think we are already pretty good at social distancing and people don't realize that human interaction is a good thing.

Reactions: 1981grad
basket

Regardless of whether you think this has all been a massive overreaction, in the end I think we are going to be thankful this happened. Its been a good dress rehearsal for when (not if) something more severe and contagious comes around.

Reactions: Been Jammin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT