ADVERTISEMENT

Learning to code

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon
My son (age 12) is wanting to learn more about coding. Do any of you know of any good websites with tutorials, videos, etc. that would be worthwhile without talking too much over his head? Would Khan Academy be a good start? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

My son (age 12) is wanting to learn more about coding. Do any of you know of any good websites with tutorials, videos, etc. that would be worthwhile without talking too much over his head? Would Khan Academy be a good start? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
codecademy.com

codecademy.com
This and pretty much only this.

You could also send him off to some pretty bad ass camps for a week or two.
They are built to super-excellerate you in a very focused environment.

Yep, codeacademy is the way to go. I started using it and then my daughter who is 12 started coding as well. It's pretty easy to use but there are times where you might want to watch him work just to make sure he understands all the directions they are giving. There have only been a few lessons I had to review with her. It's actually a pretty fun hobby for a kid that seems to do nothing but play sports all the time.

... --- ...

Reactions: anon_ph7vrsh7abnty
Codeacademy was the trick--he's doing the tutorials and getting underway.

I'll work on the morse myself...right after I master Sanskrit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT