ADVERTISEMENT

Last Man on Earth

FMPoke

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
So did anyone else stick with it to the end? In the end it just kind of fizzled out. Phil just kept getting douchier and douchier. The whole premise seemed to make less and less sense. A new person just shows up every week. No explanation as to where everyone else went or why these people survived the virus. And like new Phil pointed out Tuscan is about the worse choice of a place to live if you are the last man on earth and can live anywhere. The ending was odd. Phil and Carol got back together but why? Because after being a jerk for the first 13 shows he wrote her one song. So what's ahead for season two? Are Phil and Carol going on the road? Are we somehow going to get Phil brother back to earth?

Actually, I think Carol explained it quite well. Despite all of Phil's shortcomings, he was at least the kind of guy who (when push came to shove) didn't have the heart or inclination to take someone out to the desert and drop them off almost certainly to die.

The other Phil, obviously could - which in Carol's mind makes him not much better than an outright murderer.

That explanation made a hell of a lot of sense to me. I'd much rather put up with a douchebag, whiner than to worry about crossing a guy who would just take his vengeance out on me by dropping me off in the desert.

I thought the finale salvaged what was a pretty dramatic downturn in the second half of the season. I never worried about the logic of the lack of bodies, source of the virus, why these people survived, etc. If this were a mystery show like Lost, sure, that would be my main concern, but it's a sitcom. I just go with it. I'll be really interested to see what they have in mind for season two. It seems like the premise of the show is less about these people being the last ones on Earth as it is about being a show that dramatically upends the relationships every couple episodes. It's getting a new showrunner next season, so maybe that will help some of your concerns.

I bought that old Phil was better then new Phil I just wasn't convinced that was grounds for taking him back. Then again Carol doesn't have a lot of options at this point and as pointed at it is a sitcom. In the end Carol was clearly the best person in the group. I'll give it a shot next year to see where it goes. Hopefully they take the show on the road.

Stuck with it also. Really enjoyed the season ending and parts of the last few episodes.

Curious how next season plays out. I assume Phil (Tandy) and Carol will move to a new town/area.

Stuck with here as well. I read an interview with the producers and they said the other characters aren't gone for good but that they won't be a focus in season 2. I had to laugh when Phil was completely honest at the end when he said something along the lines of you know Carol, I cant help but think you are going to regret this.

I was getting tired of whiney Phil though. It will be interesting to see what they do with his brother.

I thought it lulled in the middle but I really enjoyed the last 3 or 4 episodes. Yeah, when Phil told Carol I thinking you are making a mistake I lost them.

I felt bad for Tandy...he just couldn't get out of his own way. I'm not sure how this show will continue but I'm gonna watch it till the end. I asked for a do over and instead I got a dodo over.... boom still got it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT