ADVERTISEMENT

Kill the Big 12

OkieSpladle

2nd Team
Dec 3, 2008
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2014_DI_Wrestling_Annual_Report_041514.pdf

No more qualifying spots at the Big 12 tournament. This would mean all wrestlers must qualify as at-larges and anyone who didn't earn Gold/Silver/Bronze status would have no chance to advance (it would also take away one of the avenues to gain Bronze status). The Big 12, in its current form, must die. MAKE A MOVE!

I have been saying the same thing for 3-4 years now. The Big 12 wrestling tournament is a joke. Qualifying tournaments are the way to go. We can still wrestle Iowa State and Oklahoma every year and we will. Doubtful that we would want to schedule West Virginia due to the distance and the lack of commitment shown by this program. I second okiespladdle!!

I all for making a wrestling conference but, suposing we make this move, how long until the qualifiers are adjusted? Would it happen by the next NCAA?

Originally posted by Old Number Nine:

I all for making a wrestling conference but, suposing we make this move, how long until the qualifiers are adjusted? Would it happen by the next NCAA?
So long as you participate in a different national qualifier, yes.

In rowing the Big 12 has joined with Conference USA, and the SEC and have the Conference USA for rowing qualifications to the NCAA. It seems that we could do the same in wrestling with the western schools that are not Pac 12 Northern Iowa, and Missouri for a qualifier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT