ADVERTISEMENT

Junior WTT

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
Junior world team trials are this friday in Madison, WI. So far there are 3 wrestlers entered with OSU ties.
At 60 kg is Kaid Brock, some of the other notable names at the weight are:
Giraldo- He defeated Magaldo at states senior year
Alber- If I remember correctly he went undefeated in HS in Illinois and is at UNI.
Kolodzik-Went back and forth with Jeffries the past season and was ranked in top 3 all year at 138.
McKee-Defeated Brock a few times last summer, once was on a last minute trial
upped arm gut that took the score from 10-4 to 16-10.

At 55kg is Daton Fix, also at the weight:
Mcghee-Hearing lots of good things about him at missouri.
Cruz-Ncaa AA two years ago, RS last year.
Mueller-originally from Texas, but wreslted this past year for wyoming seminary.
Rios-Ncaa qualifier for Oregon st. that Fix defeated at us open.
Petry-RS last year at mine as a freshman. He defeated either Gfeller or Fix last year at duals.
Micic-RS this past year at NW, fix defeated him at us open.

At 74kg is Keilan Torres, he is listed with N. Colorado wrestling club, not sure what that means. Others at weight:
Baldwin-highly ranked wrestler out of Florida, Joe Smith defeated him at us open.
Hammond-Last year started for PSU at 165.
Nolf-RS stud at PSU, took third at SS, defeated CM at us open.
Hall-Going into twelfth grade, won us open, number P4P in the country ahead of Fix.
Manville-Another beast that will be attending PSU next year. Left Blair to train Greco with the minnesota storm. He is registered with NLWC. Not sure if that means anything or if he has moved once again.

Spencer Lee registered at 50kg.

Junior world team trials are this friday in Madison, WI. So far there are 3 wrestlers entered with OSU ties.
At 60 kg is Kaid Brock, some of the other notable names at the weight are:
Giraldo- He defeated Magaldo at states senior year
Alber- If I remember correctly he went undefeated in HS in Illinois and is at UNI.
Kolodzik-Went back and forth with Jeffries the past season and was ranked in top 3 all year at 138.
McKee-Defeated Brock a few times last summer, once was on a last minute trial
upped arm gut that took the score from 10-4 to 16-10.

At 55kg is Daton Fix, also at the weight:
Mcghee-Hearing lots of good things about him at missouri.
Cruz-Ncaa AA two years ago, RS last year.
Mueller-originally from Texas, but wreslted this past year for wyoming seminary.
Rios-Ncaa qualifier for Oregon st. that Fix defeated at us open.
Petry-RS last year at mine as a freshman. He defeated either Gfeller or Fix last year at duals.
Micic-RS this past year at NW, fix defeated him at us open.

At 74kg is Keilan Torres, he is listed with N. Colorado wrestling club, not sure what that means. Others at weight:
Baldwin-highly ranked wrestler out of Florida, Joe Smith defeated him at us open.
Hammond-Last year started for PSU at 165.
Nolf-RS stud at PSU, took third at SS, defeated CM at us open.
Hall-Going into twelfth grade, won us open, number P4P in the country ahead of Fix.
Manville-Another beast that will be attending PSU next year. Left Blair to train Greco with the minnesota storm. He is registered with NLWC. Not sure if that means anything or if he has moved once again.

Spencer Lee registered at 50kg.
April, thanks for this update on the Juniors. Where is the link to this?. I could not find it on Flo or trackwrestling. Track just shows there are no participants yet.

April, thanks for this update on the Juniors. Where is the link to this?. I could not find it on Flo or trackwrestling. Track just shows there are no participants yet.
I just learned about this. Go to track, go to information, and then go to registration. It shows all the entries, we have many more now.

For a while there was an updated list under wrestlers, it showed many more participants. Now it is back to the original one under information.

Thanks April
Two more OK State wrestlers have entered both at 74kg. Chance Marsteller and Joe Smith are now entered in the tournament. 74KG is a very tough weight and includes Jason Nolf, Garrett Hammond, Fox Baldwin, Mason Manville, Mark Hall and Nick Reenan.
Just noticed that we have another entry at 84kg in Chandler Rogers. Zahid Valencia is also entered at this weight. According to track wrestling Registration is closed with 80 wrestlers participating.

Last edited:
Brackets are up. FIX at 55kg and GWH at 60 kg are in the finals due to winning nationals. Brock is also at 60kg, Joe Smith and CM are at 74kg, and C Rogers is at 84 kg. Surprised to see rogers at 84, I thought he might go down to 74. There were a lot more OSU wrestlers on the registration list, but these are the only ones I found in the brackets. I had seen Weigel, Olsen, Moran, Cannon and others I can't remember off the top of my head.

First round matchups of Oklahoma State wrestlers. Daton Fix has bye to the finals and will have 2 out of 3 matches with the winner of the 55kg bracket.
At 60 kg Kaid Brock wrestles William Erneste of Missouri. The winner of the 60kg bracket wrestles GWH for the championship. At 74kg Joe smith wrestles Luke Norland of Flat Earth WC. Chance Marsteller has a bye and will wrestle the winner of Nick Reenan unat. and Jacen Petersen of Sunkist.
Chandler Rogers will wrestle Peter Renda of Wolfpack wrestling.

In the senior World team trials OK State participants are Cayle Byers at 97 kg, Tyler Caldwell at 74kg, Jon Morrison at 61 kg, Jordan Oliver at 65 kg, Chris Perry at 86kg, Coleman Scott 61kg.

First round matchups of Oklahoma State wrestlers. Daton Fix has bye to the finals and will have 2 out of 3 matches with the winner of the 55kg bracket.
At 60 kg Kaid Brock wrestles William Erneste of Missouri. The winner of the 60kg bracket wrestles GWH for the championship. At 74kg Joe smith wrestles Luke Norland of Flat Earth WC. Chance Marsteller has a bye and will wrestle the winner of Nick Reenan unat. and Jacen Petersen of Sunkist.
Chandler Rogers will wrestle Peter Renda of Wolfpack wrestling.

In the senior World team trials OK State participants are Cayle Byers at 97 kg, Tyler Caldwell at 74kg, Jon Morrison at 61 kg, Jordan Oliver at 65 kg, Chris Perry at 86kg, Coleman Scott 61kg.
Speaking of Scott they said on floradio that after recent conversation with him that they think he is going down to 57kgs. I know J Carl mentioned it a while back, but this corroborates that.

Maybe so, this made me curious about his weigh in weight. He was at 83.75. I guess we will find out tomorrow how he matches up size and strength wise.
Wow! that would be a huge drop for Coleman. He wrestles now at 61kg which is 134.2 pounds. Dropping to 57 kg would be a NINE pound drop to 126.66 pounds. I do not believe he has been there since his freshman year in college. I am not sure he can make that cut and be effective. 83.75 for Chandler is 184.63#. This is about 14 # more than he wrestled in high school however with our lineup being really congested at 165/174 it may be he most logical step. I have no knowledge of how he fares against Nolan Boyd.This tournament may give us some answers about how he handles this higher weight.

Last edited:
I agree Obe, he looked shorter and leaner.
Riley Lafever is Roger's next opponent in the semis and he is a 2X Div. III national champ at Wabash and placed third at the recent Jr. Tournament losing only to Zahid Valencia who the winner of the bracket will meet in the finals. Marsteller meets Garrett Hammond of Penn State in the semis and Kaid Brock meets Mitch McKee of Minnesota in the semis.

Riley Lafever is Roger's next opponent in the semis and he is a 2X Div. III national champ at Wabash and placed third at the recent Jr. Tournament losing only to Zahid Valencia who the winner of the bracket will meet in the finals. Marsteller meets Garrett Hammond of Penn State in the semis and Kaid Brock meets Mitch McKee of Minnesota in the semis.
Joe Smith wins his consolation match against Schiedel 11-7.

Joe Smith wins his consolation match against Schiedel 11-7.
Peter Renda who was Chandler Rogers' last opponent is a Junior 184 pounder from NC State and he was an NCAA qualifier the past two years at 184 going 2-2 last year. My point is that puts Rogers at 184 as a possibility. I am going to predict however that Nolan Boyd will be the starter at 184.I like both but Boyd is much bigger. It will be fun to watch.

I just saw Spencer Lee win his last match. I have no idea if he is still wrestling in the championship rounds or if he is in the consolations. He won by technical fall. If he were out it would make Fix's path much easier to Worlds. Spencer Lee is very good as I would guess most world champions are.

I just saw Spencer Lee win his last match. I have no idea if he is still wrestling in the championship rounds or if he is in the consolations. He won by technical fall. If he were out it would make Fix's path much easier to Worlds. Spencer Lee is very good as I would guess most world champions are.
It is still being challenged but Mitch McGee just destroyed Kaid Brock 12-2 in the first period. I believe the decision will hold. Spencer Lee is at 50kg for this tournament and should win easily.

It is still being challenged but Mitch McGee just destroyed Kaid Brock 12-2 in the first period. I believe the decision will hold. Spencer Lee is at 50kg for this tournament and should win easily.
Yes, Lee is down at 50kgs. I think the toughest part for him is over and that was making the weight.

Wow, Massa just defeated Nolf. CM just defeated Hammond 10-0. He will meet Massa in the challenge bracket finals.

Kaid Brock wins again in consolations 16-10 over Anthony Geraldo.
Chandler Marsteller has an 8-8 criteria decision over Massa on basis of a 4 point move early in the match. Chandler Rogers has a 10-0 tech fall over Jaden Bernstein in the first period and will meet Zahid Valencia in the finals. Marsteller will meet Mark Hall in the finals.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
I was watching Joe Smith and he was leading Garrett Hammond like 5-1 with less than 10 seconds and I got interrupted, but I am sure he won. He looked very good.

From the results it appears that Chandler may be able to hang at 184. I know this is freestyle and he is a pinning machine from throws, but very promising. You have to be impressed with what the Cowboy wrestlers have done this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT