ADVERTISEMENT

junior results

Hall defeats Smirh 12-0. Hall was on the shot clock Smith got in deep and after scramble hall had a trapped arm. Hit him with 3 guts to take 8-0 lead, later hit him with a 4 point TD with double unders.

CM defeats Massa 4-2.

Weigel loses 11-6, he was up 6-0. When it was 6-3 he had to leave the mat to throw up. When he returned he started down, got hit with 2 guts. Gave up a late 4.

That pin was great. No clue whT it's called, during the commentary someone called is something and Willie responds with that move has a name?

That pin was great. No clue whT it's called, during the commentary someone called is something and Willie responds with that move has a name?
April I think he called it a Muitan or something similar and I agree it was some move. Marsteller wins third with a 7-3 win over Chavez. Moran takes 3rd with his second win of the tournament over #1 seeded Kolodzik and Magaldo takes 6th. Preston Weigel was 5th with a win over Ness. Joe Smith takes 5th with a 12-2 tech fall of Reese. Very good tournament for the young Cowboys.

I knew fix was really good, but I was still surprised with these results. If he, suriano, lee, yanni, and Olivas all stay near their current weights I expect a lot of exciting matches in the future.
I was also really impressed with Moran. He beat some really good guys.
Smith really impressed me as well. He is always on the attack. He put both Marsteller and Hall on the clock. The first 8 points in the hall match were scored off of Smiths shot while Hall was on the clock. I also think he looked undersized.
Wish we had seen Brock.

I knew fix was really good, but I was still surprised with these results. If he, suriano, lee, yanni, and Olivas all stay near their current weights I expect a lot of exciting matches in the future.
I was also really impressed with Moran. He beat some really good guys.
Smith really impressed me as well. He is always on the attack. He put both Marsteller and Hall on the clock. The first 8 points in the hall match were scored off of Smiths shot while Hall was on the clock. I also think he looked undersized.
Wish we had seen Brock.

Those that watched, how good is Weigel and can he all American the next year. In the semi's he was way ahead and then got slaughtered. Also Harding seems to be developing and beat McKee who has beaten Brock the last 2 times they have wrestled. I have always thought that after a redshirt year Brock would take over at 33. Maybe not? 2 more questions how good was Marsteller and how was his match with the Pen St. kid who redshirted also and I was hoping Joe Smith had progressed to Hall's level especially after beating Fox the round before but he got TF. I was really impressed with the results of Fix, hope that we get him. I still say we need a strong recruiting year this year if we are to win Nationals. An 84, a 49, 97 and or HWT would be our greatest needs as I see it. Unless Lewellyn will be a 49.

Those that watched, how good is Weigel and can he all American the next year. In the semi's he was way ahead and then got slaughtered. Also Harding seems to be developing and beat McKee who has beaten Brock the last 2 times they have wrestled. I have always thought that after a redshirt year Brock would take over at 33. Maybe not? 2 more questions how good was Marsteller and how was his match with the Pen St. kid who redshirted also and I was hoping Joe Smith had progressed to Hall's level especially after beating Fox the round before but he got TF. I was really impressed with the results of Fix, hope that we get him. I still say we need a strong recruiting year this year if we are to win Nationals. An 84, a 49, 97 and or HWT would be our greatest needs as I see it. Unless Lewellyn will be a 49.
I'm not sure about Weigel, I've heard his strength is on the mat. If true then he seems to be getting better on his feet. It might be tough to judge him based on this.
Marsteller looked good until he gassed, he seems to gas pretty easily. Nolf attacks like crazy, I think folk is s better matchup for CM. He got the first takedown and if he had the chance to ride he might have worn Nolf down and not gassed as bad. I hope we get to find out next year.
Smith impressed me, but he looked undersized to me. I am really excited about him.
Harding really started to come on last year, I think we will see big improvements next year. When McKee beat Brock the first time KB was off. The second time he got caught with a trapped arm when he was controlling the match. Brock will be really good at the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT