ADVERTISEMENT

junior results

I do not know who Daniel Lewis is, but Flow had Massa finishing 2nd as opposed to Marsteller 2nd. I am sure my ignorance on Lewis will confound people

Lewis just finished I belive his freshman year at Missouri, he is expected to be the starter at 65 there next year. Flo had him finishing 7th or 8th. Last year Chandler Rogers pinned him at one of the early year tournaments. He is obviously pretty good, but I will say most of his points came from defense against Massas shots. I know he initiated at least one of his takedowns.

Reactions: OSUMatFan
The quarter finals at 174 have two different matches with Oklahoma State implications. Jo Jo Smith has another highly rated high schooler in Fox and Chance Marsteller has Nolf who redshirted at Penn State this year, but was highly recruited out of Allen High School in Texas where he wrestled for Jerry Best if I am not mistaken. Both should be great matches.

The quarter finals at 174 have two different matches with Oklahoma State implications. Jo Jo Smith has another highly rated high schooler in Fox and Chance Marsteller has Nolf who redshirted at Penn State this year, but was highly recruited out of Allen High School in Texas where he wrestled for Jerry Best if I am not mistaken. Both should be great matches.
Actually Bo Nickal is the one who is from allen. Nolf was just as highly regarded, but came out of Kittangurg or something like that in PA. Nolf took second or third at the scuffle beating realbuto and only losing to green. Match with green was close as well, 3-1 or so.

Qtrs matchups:
Fix v Bresser who qualified for ncaas for Oregon state.
GWH v Terero who teched Olsen
Magaldo v Everett of West Point
Moran v another Bresser( not sure if related)
-of note Moran defeated the number 1 seed Koldzik
Marsteller v Nolf
Smith v Baldwin
C Rogers v Colin Carr of Minnesota Storm
Weigel v Cervantes of navy/marine corps

Harding is up 6-2 in the first period on mat 3
Harding won 8-7. There was a challenge by his opponent at the end to no avail. Pretty massive with for Daton Fix, but from what I have heard not that surprising. I think we have a winner there.

Last edited:
If you open trackwrestling and go to the tournament it shows all the mats scores and whose coming up.

That was a hard match to follow the scoring.
No kidding April. I am never the one to think we were outscored but from time it was 7-6 Moran I thought Bresser initiated and scored and they gave the points to Moran. Tognetti does not agree but then again Tognetti and I do not agree.
Fix at 55kg looks impressive with a win over Ronnie Bresser 11-1. Harding held on for a close win against Terao. At 138.75 Moran and Magaldo are In the semis and Magaldo has a very tough opponent against Tommy Thorne of Minnesota.
At 163 Joe Smith absolutely destroyed Fox Baldwin who is a great wrestler and highly ranked. Smith has the top seed in Mark Hall and I would not count him out the way he has been wrestling. Marsteller has improved but the Nolf gas tank was too much for him and he still needs to be in better shape. If he can not get in that shape then we might take true freshman Joe Smith out of redshirt.
Preston Weigel is very strong and scored another tech fall at 211. He gave up a couple of takedowns and still looks somewhat slow on his feet but I was impressed that he got several takedowns of his own. All in all a very impressive day for Oklahoma State.

Last edited:
Marsteller vs Massa in consolations.
A little bit of research on wrestlers at the weights Oklahoma wrestlers are prominent.
121.25 Steven Micic He is a redshirt freshman at Northwestern and was 7-2 in open tournaments. 3 X Indiana state champion and #1 ranked 120 in 2014 by AWN. Career highschool record was 138-5.
Jack Mueller He has committed to Univ . of Virginia and projected as a 125/133 pounder. Wrestled in Highschool for Wyoming Seminary in Pa.
Ethan Lizak 2 x Minn. State champion and committed to Univ. of Minn. in 2014.

132 William Erneste Missouri recruit in 2014. Mo State champion and defeated Mo. coach Brian Smith's son in state championships.
Luke Pletcher ranked #4 at 132 by Flo and from Latroe, pa.
Mitch McKee ranked4th at 126 by Flo Minnesota State champ in 2014.

138.75 Samuel Crane Another Missouri recruit and redshirted last year at Missouri where he was 16-6 in open tournaments. He was first last year at the Joe Parisi open. He was a1X Missouri state champion but finished 2nd all three other years.
Tommy thorne last of the Thorne brothers and a 4X Minnesota state champion and Fargo Jr. National champion. He redshirted last year for Minnesota andwill be their starter this year.

163 Mark Hall ranked #1 pound for pound highschool wrestler in the country and will be going for his 6th State Minnesota championship this coming season.
Jason Nolf redshirt freshman at Penn State and was a 3X Pa. state champion. Just defeated Chance Marsteller 8-5 in this tournament.
Jon Jay Chavez 2 x Idaho state champion and was 42-0 in his senior year. He defeated Chandler Rogers to win the Jr. Nationals Greco championship and committed toCornell.

174 Keaton Subjeck Redshirt Sophomore from Stanford and was 23-4 his freshman year.
Ryan Christenson is a redshirt freshman at Wisconsin and was 11-4 his redshirt year.He is from the State of Washington and was a 2x state champ there and 35-0 his senior year.
Dominic Scalise he is wrestling unattached but was 40-8 at Latrobe, Pa. and committed to University of Virginia.

211.5 Marcus Harrington was a freshman at Iowa State University and redshirted and had a 19-5 record in open tournaments. He won Jr. Nationals at 220# and was a 2x State champion in Iowa.
Anthony Cassar is a freshman at Penn State and was a New Jersey State champion in highschool and had a 45-0 record his senior year.
Jacob Seely was a 5A state champion in Colorado and wrestles at University of Northern Colorado.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT