ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Baltimore stats.

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
Baltimore hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1967.

All 15 members of the city council are Democrat.

Baltimore has the 4th highest city taxes in the United States.

Within the city the poverty rate is 25%.

People in the City of Baltimore earn 56% of what other people earn in their state.

Over half of the sworn police command staff are minorities. 55% of all new police recruits are minorities.

The Chief of Police is black and believes that crime should be addressed "through social justice as a whole".

The crime rates in Baltimore are out of control.

Who should we blame for this mess of a city? I nominate George Bush.

If my memory serves me correctly didn't Bill Clinton (democrat god) blame Reagan/Bush for the riots following the Rodney King fiasco? He was in campaign mode and blamed those administrations policies for the problems in LA that led to all the rioting. Well if Bill Clinton (democrat god) uses that logic wouldn't it be logical to blame this administration for these riots? Never mind I'll just keep my nomination for dumbya.

Pittsburgh, who successfully did what Baltimore didn't, switch from an industrial city to a variety of other industries, has essentially elected Democrats as mayor since 1933, and also currently has an all democratic city council. So, while your central point, a lot of this is poor leadership, it doesn't seem like Democrats are incapable of good leadership of cities.

Pittsburgh, who successfully did what Baltimore didn't, switch from an industrial city to a variety of other industries, has essentially elected Democrats as mayor since 1933, and also currently has an all democratic city council. So, while your central point, a lot of this is poor leadership, it doesn't seem like Democrats are incapable of good leadership of cities.

I would be willing to bet that there are more mid-western conservatives in Pittsburgh and that Democrats there have to be more conservative and are held to a different standard. I'm not anti-Democrat I'm anti-bad governance.

I think the main difference between conservatives and liberals is conservatives will criticize a Republican just as quick as a Democrat for bad ideas or policy. A lot of liberals seem incapable of admitting it when their leadership or policies fail.

Very high taxes plus the red tape and regulations from city hall that make it a very unfriendly and expensive place to do business.

This is what I think of when I think of the leadership in Baltimore.

Which policies prevented Baltimore from changing the way Pittsburgh did?

Which cities that are predominantly controlled by Republcian officials and/or governed under a more "red" model have seen widespread rioting or filed for bankruptcy recently?

Which cities are predominately controlled by Republicans?

What this primarily says to me is that Baltimore is a dump, populated by an ignorant, impoverished and dependent voters who predictably raise scheisters to power. And democrat scheisters are known for taking advantage of this model. Republican scheisters have their own easy cows to tip over.

What this primarily says to me is that Baltimore is a dump, populated by an ignorant, impoverished and dependent voters who predictably raise scheisters to power. And democrat scheisters are known for taking advantage of this model. Republican scheisters have their own easy cows to tip over.

I think it is more about one party rule for decades coupled with certain policies. It's not inevitable that it will turn out so poorly, but it becomes more likely.

Cities with Republican mayors that I know of?: OKC, Indianapolis, Miami, San Diego, Albuquerque, Tulsa (meh).

I think it is more about one party rule for decades coupled with certain policies. It's not inevitable that it will turn out so poorly, but it becomes more likely.

Cities with Republican mayors that I know of?: OKC, Indianapolis, Miami, San Diego, Albuquerque, Tulsa (meh).

What does, "Tulsa (meh)" mean?

Baltimore hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1967.

All 15 members of the city council are Democrat.

Baltimore has the 4th highest city taxes in the United States.

Within the city the poverty rate is 25%.

People in the City of Baltimore earn 56% of what other people earn in their state.

Over half of the sworn police command staff are minorities. 55% of all new police recruits are minorities.

The Chief of Police is black and believes that crime should be addressed "through social justice as a whole".

The crime rates in Baltimore are out of control.

Who should we blame for this mess of a city? I nominate George Bush.

Wherever left-wing kook ball Dems have set up shop for too long a big, hot pile of steaming dung follows in due course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT