ADVERTISEMENT

Inhofe: "I have a lot of gay friends who thought it was a bad decision"...

Senator-- do you also have a lot of black friends who love the confederate flag and poor friends who hate ObamaCare???

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/inhofe-on-marriage-equality#.qvy9wEOBk5

You probably don't care, but I posted in another thread that one of my best friends is gay and he, as well as several of his gay friends, don't agree with the decision. They're not mad about the decision, but they think it's wrong. Inhofe is a loon, but He's probably telling the truth in this instance. But you keep on with your childish antics if it makes you happy.

I have a poor friend who can't afford health care but doesn't qualify for Obamacare either and they go with out healthcare and now they also loss money on their taxes because they can't afford health care.

You probably don't care, but I posted in another thread that one of my best friends is gay and he, as well as several of his gay friends, don't agree with the decision. They're not mad about the decision, but they think it's wrong. Inhofe is a loon, but He's probably telling the truth in this instance. But you keep on with your childish antics if it makes you happy.
What exactly about equal rights for themselves with others did they think was wrong?

I love how you give real life examples of a broken system and the party thumpers just ignore you. @CowboyUp what about those who can't get healthcare but are then punished by a tax penalty? I could see your pride if Obama actually gave people healthcare instead of a bill that forced Americans to have health insurance or be penalized.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
What exactly about equal rights for themselves with others did they think was wrong?

Don't know you'd have to ask them. All I know is at our homecoming tailgate last year I had this discussion with four of them for quite awhile. These guys aren't your militant gay rights individuals. They just want to live their lives without being ridiculed for who they are. All came from religious upbringings and they respect faith driven peoples views of gay marriage or the gay lifestyle in general. If a person can't agree with what they do according to their beliefs they are fine with that. They don't want to force anyone to agree with them. I brought up the subject of gay couples suing a church for not officiating their wedding. All four thought that was assinine and in fact hurts the gay community. Again, you keep doing your victory laps looking like a fool. It's all good.

Don't know you'd have to ask them. All I know is at our homecoming tailgate last year I had this discussion with four of them for quite awhile. These guys aren't your militant gay rights individuals. They just want to live their lives without being ridiculed for who they are. All came from religious upbringings and they respect faith driven peoples views of gay marriage or the gay lifestyle in general. If a person can't agree with what they do according to their beliefs they are fine with that. They don't want to force anyone to agree with them. I brought up the subject of gay couples suing a church for not officiating their wedding. All four thought that was assinine and in fact hurts the gay community. Again, you keep doing your victory laps looking like a fool. It's all good.

These guys aren't your militant gay rights individuals. They just want to live their lives without being ridiculed for who they are.--long-duc-dong

So equal rights are militant rights? That what your'e saying? That equal rights means militant rights and militant rights ridicule? Newsflash for you duc. Supreme Court just said you're full of crap. Your definition of "Militant" is the new "mainstream." Militant is the new "normal."

What you're saying is that your tailgating non-militant gay friends are perfectly accepting that if they decide to live together under the same roof and be partners for life they don't care whether they have the same tax write offs duc and his wife have? Oh SURE!!!

What you and Inhofe would have us believe is that there are gay Americans living among us who--such as your so-called "non militant gay rights friends" at your tailgate

who are perfectly willing to accept sub-class status as Americans -

while legally married couples get tax reductions by filing jointly,

can be named beneficiaries in each other's wills,

can have visitation rights in a hospital at time of death,

can receive the American flag that drapes their spouse's casket who die in the military,

can be listed as surviving spouse on a death certificate

can receive death benefits as a military spouse,

can be listed as parent on an adoption ceritificate,,

ALL THE WHIILE same sex folks, like your non-militant gay rights friends, have no problem legalizing--and subsidizing--all the benefits you get in this country as a married straight, but they'll just sit back and just take it, applauding your good fortune as a "real" American more deserving of rights granted by the Constitution than they are, while they graciously sit outside the hospital while their partner for life is dying under the vulture eyes of family members who never accepted their sexuality and are ready to get their fangs into the will that the deceased wanted to leave to his parnter?? Guess what duc--as of Thursday--cant do that anymore!!! Hope your non-militant tailgating gay friends don't get too upset !!!! (blue)

Sure duc we believe you and Inhofe ...you both know "lots" of gay couples who are perfectly content to pay more taxes than you do but accept fewer rights, for the length of their lifetime, because they both have penises or they both have a vagina????

All came from religious upbringings and they respect faith driven peoples views of gay marriage or the gay lifestyle in general.--long-duc-dong

So what duc? Who cares? Guarantee gay people trying to get a marriage license and have same rights as you aren't laying awake at night worred about it!!! Not everbody in America are faith driven. How churches decide which wedding ceremonies to officiate is irrelevant. Churches can do, or not do, anything they want. Up to them. See First Amendment of Constitution. But that doesn't mean an atheist same sex couple cant get a marriage license or is any less deserving of the same rights legally married couples such as you have, whether a church wants to perform their wedding ceremony or not..

They don't want to force anyone to agree with them. --long-duc-dong

What are you talking about? That your friends are so spineless that they're perfectly content to just sit back as their civil rights were trampled while opposite sex couple had a thousand rights they dont? Honestly duc--I don't believe you or Inhofe either. Frankly I think you're both lying.

duc--I know some gay people too, have family members who are gay and transgender.And Ive met a lot of their friends. What I've never met is a singlle gay American in this country who has ever been content to have fewer rights than the rest of us and is willing to underwrite with their tax dollars the end-of-life rights you have that they don't.

I challenge Inhofe (or you) produce one same sex couple who thought it was a bad decision by the SCOTUS ruling that if they were bequeathed a million dollars in a will by their spouse, their spouses next of kin, not they would be entitled to the $10 million.

Lifelong partners being cut out of wills by right wing wacko religious family members merely because they were gay. And that's just the tip of it. That's what Inhofe and his ilk are for.

Inhofe would even deny them the flag that draped a coffin of a dead soldier and a thousand other basic human rights--because of his religiosity.

Too bad Inhofe--Supreme's just ruled you're full of crap...

Talk about a "fool.".....

These guys aren't your militant gay rights individuals. They just want to live their lives without being ridiculed for who they are.--long-duc-dong

So equal rights are militant rights? That what your'e saying? That equal rights means militant rights and militant rights ridicule? Newsflash for you duc. Supreme Court just said you're full of crap. Your definition of "Militant" is the new "mainstream." Militant is the new "normal."

What you're saying is that your tailgating non-militant gay friends are perfectly accepting that if they decide to live together under the same roof and be partners for life they don't care whether they have the same tax write offs duc and his wife have? Oh SURE!!!

What you and Inhofe would have us believe is that there are gay Americans living among us who--such as your so-called "non militant gay rights friends" at your tailgate

who are perfectly willing to accept sub-class status as Americans -

while legally married couples get tax reductions by filing jointly,

can be named beneficiaries in each other's wills,

can have visitation rights in a hospital at time of death,

can receive the American flag that drapes their spouse's casket who die in the military,

can be listed as surviving spouse on a death certificate

can receive death benefits as a military spouse,

can be listed as parent on an adoption ceritificate,,

ALL THE WHIILE same sex folks, like your non-militant gay rights friends, have no problem legalizing--and subsidizing--all the benefits you get in this country as a married straight, but they'll just sit back and just take it, applauding your good fortune as a "real" American more deserving of rights granted by the Constitution than they are, while they graciously sit outside the hospital while their partner for life is dying under the vulture eyes of family members who never accepted their sexuality and are ready to get their fangs into the will that the deceased wanted to leave to his parnter?? Guess what duc--as of Thursday--cant do that anymore!!! Hope your non-militant tailgating gay friends don't get too upset !!!! (blue)

Sure duc we believe you and Inhofe ...you both know "lots" of gay couples who are perfectly content to pay more taxes than you do but accept fewer rights, for the length of their lifetime, because they both have penises or they both have a vagina????

All came from religious upbringings and they respect faith driven peoples views of gay marriage or the gay lifestyle in general.--long-duc-dong

So what duc? Who cares? Guarantee gay people trying to get a marriage license and have same rights as you aren't laying awake at night worred about it!!! Not everbody in America are faith driven. How churches decide which wedding ceremonies to officiate is irrelevant. Churches can do, or not do, anything they want. Up to them. See First Amendment of Constitution. But that doesn't mean an atheist same sex couple cant get a marriage license or is any less deserving of the same rights legally married couples such as you have, whether a church wants to perform their wedding ceremony or not..

They don't want to force anyone to agree with them. --long-duc-dong

What are you talking about? That your friends are so spineless that they're perfectly content to just sit back as their civil rights were trampled while opposite sex couple had a thousand rights they dont? Honestly duc--I don't believe you or Inhofe either. Frankly I think you're both lying.

duc--I know some gay people too, have family members who are gay and transgender.And Ive met a lot of their friends. What I've never met is a singlle gay American in this country who has ever been content to have fewer rights than the rest of us and is willing to underwrite with their tax dollars the end-of-life rights you have that they don't.

I challenge Inhofe (or you) produce one same sex couple who thought it was a bad decision by the SCOTUS ruling that if they were bequeathed a million dollars in a will by their spouse, their spouses next of kin, not they would be entitled to the $10 million.

Lifelong partners being cut out of wills by right wing wacko religious family members merely because they were gay. And that's just the tip of it. That's what Inhofe and his ilk are for.

Inhofe would even deny them the flag that draped a coffin of a dead soldier and a thousand other basic human rights--because of his religiosity.

Too bad Inhofe--Supreme's just ruled you're full of crap...

Talk about a "fool.".....

Your reply is the definition of militant. I don't live in the same world you do where apparently everyone is mad about somethiing. These are good guys who think for themselves and don't get their ideas from the huffington post or msnbc. They are business leaders in okc and yes, every word I said was true. You don't like it I really don't give a shit.

"So equal rights are militant rights"?

Don't think I said that. What does that even mean? I was using the term militant to describe the means in which certain people go about obtaining their goals. These guys don't agree with that philosophy. They respect other peoples beliefs and it's important to them. If militant is the new norm we're in trouble.

I think your challenge regarding the will could be solved by allowing civil unions. I'm not an attorney so I don't know. They talked a lot about civil unions and felt that they could solve a lot of the problems they face regarding shared property between them and their partner. Again, you're showing yourself to be a reall asshole regarding this issue. I posted a simple story about some friends discussing the matter and you get on your soapbox and lecture me. Get over yourself. You are wrong on this issue regarding whether or not there are gay couples who don't agree with the scotus decision. End of story.

Here's an example. We know a gay couple here in Austin--great friends actually--who have been together for 25 years. Hugh is an attorney, Parliamentary expert and UT law professor. Larry is a Vietnam veteran who works two days a week as a volunteer at Ft. Hood. Neither one came from a family with money, but together they do pretty well. Even though they have been married in 5 states, if Hugh had died two weeks ago in Texas he could not have by law designated Larry as beneficiary of his retirement or Social Security benefits, which hetero married couples can do. If Larry had died two weeks ago his Vietnam pension could not have gone to Hugh. And those guys love each other like, well, husband and husband, which they are. Larry laid his life on the line for his country. Both those guys deserve the same rights as any other American--sexual orientation be damned. From this day forward they don't have to worry about the state or federal government confiscating their life savings upon one of their deaths.

The other point that just bugs the hell out of me is blowback from Christians--and they can go to hell. No Christian's religious freedom is being affected in any way by gay marriage. Except to the extent Christians get bent out of shape by some wacked out religious belief. It's none of their damn business the relationship between two same-sex people who want to get married. Get over it Christians!!! The Constitution doesn't mention the word "god." It does mention that we're all created equal. Hugh and Larry happen to be two of the most Christian people I've ever know, God fearing. Hugh was raised in the Church of Christ in Mineral Wells. These two guys are a blessing to Chrisianity, the type of people the Church at large desperately needs. They deserve the same respect under the law and in the eyes of the Church as the most devout straight couple. Christians need to get over their hangups about love between two people. It's really none of their business--or God's...

Last edited:
One other point--let's pretend Moe and Curly have been best of friends all of their lives since grade school. Neither one ever got married and they're neither one gay. But on Friday Moe calls Curly and says--Want to get married?

They should be able to--and now they can. And they'll never have sex with each other. So their relationship is purely fiduciary, all about money, and has nothing to do with love. For starters they want to check the box that lowers their federal taxes--Married Filing Jointly. Should they be able to get married? Of course. Right of free association. Now any two people can get married irrespective of their genitalia. Moe and Curly should have exactly the same marital rights and benefits as Bogie and Bacall. Now they do.

You know whose really loving this--wedding businesses and Justices of the Peace. The get paid extra for weddings. If I were a JP in a small town I'm hanging out a shingle.

Here's an example. We know a gay couple here in Austin--great friends actually--who have been together for 25 years. Hugh is an attorney, Parliamentary expert and UT law professor. Larry is a Vietnam veteran who works two days a week as a volunteer at Ft. Hood. Neither one came from a family with money, but together they do pretty well. Even though they have been married in 5 states, if Hugh had died two weeks ago in Texas he could not have by law designated Larry as beneficiary of his retirement or Social Security benefits, which hetero married couples can do. If Larry had died two weeks ago his Vietnam pension could not have gone to Hugh. And those guys love each other like, well, husband and husband, which they are. Larry laid his life on the line for his country. Both those guys deserve the same rights as any other American--sexual orientation be damned. From this day forward they don't have to worry about the state or federal government confiscating their life savings upon one of their deaths.

The other point that just bugs the hell out of me is blowback from Christians--and they can go to hell. No Christian's religious freedom is being affected in any way by gay marriage. Except to the extent Christians get bent out of shape by some wacked out religious belief. It's none of their damn business the relationship between two same-sex people who want to get married. Get over it Christians!!! The Constitution doesn't mention the word "god." It does mention that we're all created equal. Hugh and Larry happen to be two of the most Christian people I've ever know, God fearing. Hugh was raised in the Church of Christ in Mineral Wells. These two guys are a blessing to Chrisianity, the type of people the Church at large desperately needs. They deserve the same respect under the law and in the eyes of the Church as the most devout straight couple. Christians need to get over their hangups about love between two people. It's really none of their business--or God's...

So your gay friends are Christians but you spend about 8 paragraphs bashing their religion while bragging about your gay friends. I'm sure they are super proud.

So your gay friends are Christians but you spend about 8 paragraphs bashing their religion while bragging about your gay friends. I'm sure they are super proud.
I'm not bashing Christianity. I have a lot of friends who are Christians. But regarding whom consenting adults choose to spend our lives with--hetero or gay--Church needs to butt out--

It's the law of the land...

I'm not bashing Christianity. I have a lot of friends who are Christians. But regarding whom consenting adults choose to spend our lives with--hetero or gay--Church needs to butt out--

It's the law of the land...

Close. Close.

Actually, church needs to do their thing in services and personal ministry, and we (me and you) need to but out. It's already the law of the land.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Nice story cup. None of that changes the fact that I know gay couples who oppose the decision by the court, which was the reason for your childish rant about my friends who are apparently stupid because they don't agree with the all knowing, enlightened cowboyup.

It seems like just yesterday when you were telling us how Jesus was a liberal and we ought to be more like him. Was that the same Jesus who said, "Have ye not read, that He that made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and the two shall be one flesh’? Therefore they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

I can't believe Jesus didn't reel off a parable about Hugh and Larry. What the hell was he thinking?

It seems like just yesterday when you were telling us how Jesus was a liberal and we ought to be more like him. Was that the same Jesus who said, "Have ye not read, that He that made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and the two shall be one flesh’? Therefore they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

I can't believe Jesus didn't reel off a parable about Hugh and Larry. What the hell was he thinking?
I couldn't care less what Jesus said about this issue. It's His opinion--not federal law.

Churchgoers have complete freedom to worship how they want--per the First Amendment.

What they dont have is any right to regulate how non-believing law abiding American citizens live their lives.

Religion is optional.

However the church has no business butting it's nose into the US Constitution and federal law.

No rights of churchgoers are being infringed. Sanctuaries are open every Sunday.

Nothing in history of the nation ruled on by the SCOTUS has ever infringed on churchgoers rights to worship the Almighty.

Where laws of man are concerned religion is irrelevant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT