ADVERTISEMENT

I'm ready to renounce my citizenship ...

AC_Exotic

MegaPoke is insane
Jul 31, 2014
Parts Unknown
www.clinteastwood.net
... and become a Mexican citizen.

Then I'll cross over illegally into America and have it made.

If you or I get stopped without a driver's license and insurance in the state of Oklahoma we'll be in serious trouble.

If you're an illegal alien? Nothing.

Why? Federal mandates. They can't be touched.

Reactions: squeak
Your beef is with the people that employ these guys.

You know, white folks looking to save a buck.

His beef looks more like its with the government that passes laws and allows this crap to continue unchecked. And I agree completely, it's atrocious. But the folks that hire these people to work for peanuts and save some cashish definitely doesn't help matters.

Local law enforcement officers hands are tied.

I won't mention a specific name because this is the non-sports board and we don't get political around here -- but it's his fault.

The fact that pols on both sides of the aisle in reality don't care at all about this issue -- and those that act like they do only give it lip service. In truth, they don't do a thing.

Reactions: MegaPoke
there is zero way to monitize this situation.

It would cost you and I more to prosecute, incarcerate and feed and transport back home only to repeate the cycle ad infinitum.

What industries use them?

Go get those guys. Just be prepared when the bill shows up.

there is zero way to monitize this situation.

It would cost you and I more to prosecute, incarcerate and feed and transport back home only to repeate the cycle ad infinitum.

What industries use them?

Go get those guys. Just be prepared when the bill shows up.

We've been doing this for years. Now we don't care. At least prosecute them when they're engaged in criminal behavior.

I agree that many of them are doing work most Americans think they're too good to do these days. Give them work visas. Make them pay taxes, get insurance, and all of the other things we have to do.

I could cite the money Oklahoma spent on healthcare for these folks in 2006, back when I couldn't get an insurance company to even look at me when I was first diagnosed with lymphoma, but it's on the interwebs. Clicky, clicky...

I could cite the money Oklahoma spent on healthcare for these folks in 2006, back when I couldn't get an insurance company to even look at me when I was first diagnosed with lymphoma, but it's on the interwebs. Clicky, clicky...
Nothing relevant to the conversation.

And yes, just go to your local Walmart if you are off during normal working hours, lots of working age folks milling around on the first and 15th watching for falling prices while jobs are being done by illegals. Yeah, the work they do can suck, but they don't have problem working hard and doing it.

You are right Noname, no one cares, nothing happens, and people bitch. It's a complex problem and but just another example of how shitty things have gotten. As long as it pays to sit on asses and collect checks, pay for cheap labor, and let the rest of us that work continue to pick up the tab every April, who gives a rats ass right?

... and become a Mexican citizen.

Then I'll cross over illegally into America and have it made.

If you or I get stopped without a driver's license and insurance in the state of Oklahoma we'll be in serious trouble.

If you're an illegal alien? Nothing.

Why? Federal mandates. They can't be touched.

Good luck with that. Here's a helpful link to get you started. You might want to be aware it has a few more consequences then just having to sneak across the boarder.

http://travel.state.gov/content/tra...aws-policies/renunciation-of-citizenship.html

It had everything to do with the conversation. Added to it. You are always such a critical dick on these boards of everyone's discussion. Jeezuz.

Do you actually have any citation to a decent source which says that such "federal mandates" even exist, much less prevent the police from doing something about ANY driver how may not have insurance or a valid license?

It took me all of about 10 seconds to find all kinds of article detailing illegal aliens being deported after routine traffic stops.

I would like to hear from JD to see if such a mandate exists, or prevents the state from imposing routine civil fines, impounding of vehicles, etc. just like for everyone else.

This really sounds like one of those email fwd:, fwd:, fwd:, fwd:,........ to me.

Do you actually have any citation to a decent source which says that such "federal mandates" even exist, much less prevent the police from doing something about ANY driver how may not have insurance or a valid license?

It took me all of about 10 seconds to find all kinds of article detailing illegal aliens being deported after routine traffic stops.

I would like to hear from JD to see if such a mandate exists, or prevents the state from imposing routine civil fines, impounding of vehicles, etc. just like for everyone else.

This really sounds like one of those email fwd:, fwd:, fwd:, fwd:,........ to me.

Personal experience in dealing with the system here in Oklahoma. Too many policemen have told me this is standard operating procedure.

I'd like to P>M> you in the next couple of days to tell you about what's going on if you don't mind hollywood. Very frustrating and heartbreaking experience.

Pokewithnoname,

I'm not certain how to use the reply feature here. But I did read your message to me.

Shoot me your email address and phone number, I would like to see what assistance I may be able to offer (although it may be limited, I might be able to point you to someone who can be of help).

sarvinsales@gmail.com

There are no official mandates. Illegal aliens are ticketed, fined, taken to jail, etc. everyday for traffic offenses.

At the same time, it is a hell of an ordeal for local law enforcement to convince ICE to come pick up undocumented, illegal aliens jailed on city ordinance violations or even misdemeanors and detain and deport back to country of origination. They just typically won't come get them. So there is an unofficial mandate of "if you find them, they're your problem not ours." Good luck with getting any money out of them under such circumstances.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Any Oklahoma Peace Officer, who pulls over ANY driver (legal, illegal or space alien) who does not have insurance, or a driver's license is LEGALLY authorized by State Statute to impound the vehicle and take the driver into custody. In addition, they can also remove the plates from the vehicle which makes it virtually impossible to drive on state roads without getting pulled over for a jailable offense.

If the cops are telling you otherwise: they have such a serious misunderstanding of the law they shouldn't have a badge; are trying to create a strawman (the Feds) as a convenient excuse for not doing their job; or are just flat out lying to you.

I certainly acknowledge JD's assessment on the notion that the Feds aren't likely to dispatch someone out to pick up illegals who only have a misdemeanor/traffic charge against them as they are focusing on deporting those with felony charges/convictions.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
Sent an email hollywood. Thanks.

Seeing JD and hollywood's responses, it looks like I've been given the runaround by higher ups in the law enforcement community.

Why does everyone want to pass the buck?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT