ADVERTISEMENT

I phone vs Samsung

iPhone dominates Samsung for what it's worth.

You would know.

We made the work switch fully to iPhone 3 years ago - away from blackberry (yes ... I know). I have to be honest - I wish blackberry would have gotten their act together. For a work phone, the blackberry did things that the iPhone still won't. Miss the tactile keys too.

In the last year we started supporting android. Lots switched. Almost all are back with iPhone.

tactile keys...I do miss those. But with those, we wouldn't have the hilarious gift of "damn you autocorrect" postings lol.

The iPhone, as trendy as it is to smack it down these days (as you will always have those that have legit reasons why they dislike it and those that say things just be "that guy") is still king just because of its saturation in the market and whatnot. But I have played with a few androids and they definitely have their merits. It's just like Mac and PC, comes down to your experience and what you want to do with the computer.

I'm not a programmer or a computer genius of any kind, just a surfer and play with pics and videos for the family. iPhone and Mac do those things nicely and I'm quite used to both. Plus they link up well with some of the other devices and doo dads I have around here.

IPhone. Why WASTE your money on an inferior droid? If it's not an IPhone...it's not an IPhone.

We made the work switch fully to iPhone 3 years ago - away from blackberry (yes ... I know). I have to be honest - I wish blackberry would have gotten their act together. For a work phone, the blackberry did things that the iPhone still won't. Miss the tactile keys too.

No kidding. I don't mind my iPhone but for work stuff I really do miss the blackberry.

Iphones = simpler, easier to use for a smart phone beginner
Androids = much more flexible, less frustrating for someone who is tech savy.

Androids used to be a lot less polished (ie they crashed more and didnt look as good,(both hardware and software)) but thats not true any more.

It really is the PC vs Mac argument all over again. I have android phones and had an Ipad. I freakin hated the Ipad, love my android phones. My mom loves her Ipad and is often confused by her android phone.

I tried to switch to android 3 years ago, and it was frustrating because it just didn't work as well. It crashed, it had bugs, and it wasn't as reliable. It really had some awesome features at the time that apple didn't... but they didn't work well. The fingerprint scanner was a joke, so I gave it back and returned to the iphone.

Iphones = simpler, easier to use for a smart phone beginner
Androids = much more flexible, less frustrating for someone who is tech savy.

Androids used to be a lot less polished (ie they crashed more and didnt look as good,(both hardware and software)) but thats not true any more.

It really is the PC vs Mac argument all over again. I have android phones and had an Ipad. I freakin hated the Ipad, love my android phones. My mom loves her Ipad and is often confused by her android phone.
I agree with this (although I don't know if the iphone is easier to use for a beginner since I've never actually used one; I do know that it took my wife about 5 hours to set up a new iPad for our son a couple of weeks ago).

Did you know there is an app that lets you scan PDF documents on your iPhone? Neither did I until I had to do it when my scanner went down and I wanted to apply for a home lease. It was pretty awesome. But I'm easily amused, so....

I like to do a lot of video streaming from my tablet, phone, or chromebook and throw it on to the big screen tv's in my house. The apple media device is a few hundred as compared to my chromecast device which was $30. I like android because I can customize it more for my use. I don't have to have any special software to put songs or pictures on my phone from my PC. But with apple I have to load their software that will NEVER completely uninstall from your PC.

Chromecast kicks ass, especially now with full phone mirroring.

I heard that chromecast could be hacked and people were downloading nudie pics to people's albums.

I had a friend that had chromecast, he ended up with several pics of some fat guy with several small furry animals and a jar of mayonnaise.

Shameful.

I heard that chromecast could be hacked and people were downloading nudie pics to people's albums.

I had a friend that had chromecast, he ended up with several pics of some fat guy with several small furry animals and a jar of mayonnaise.

Shameful.
I think that was I Sell Shoes.

I like to do a lot of video streaming from my tablet, phone, or chromebook and throw it on to the big screen tv's in my house. The apple media device is a few hundred as compared to my chromecast device which was $30. I like android because I can customize it more for my use. I don't have to have any special software to put songs or pictures on my phone from my PC. But with apple I have to load their software that will NEVER completely uninstall from your PC.

Apple TV is $70 and hasn't been over $100 for a very long time.

I've had a Apple stuff for a while because it's the standard for advertising agencies.

We test on multiple devices. They all have pluses and minuses. Even some of the windows phones have some cool features.

Some PC guy will adamantly disagree, but nobody is safer than Apple at this time. We submit apps to all platforms, and they are BY FAR the most rigorous in testing before they will accept your app into iTunes. It's to the point of being really annoying for app builders.

Also, if my battery on my android starts acting up or not holding a charge I can just pop it out and replace it for about 30 bucks.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
I have both.

One for work, and my personal phone.

They both do what I need. Pluses and minuses for both.

The Apple fanboying is strong ITT.

Apple makes a good phone. Iphone was the first widely consumed smart phone. It was marketed brilliantly. Android came a bit late to the party but they've made up a ton of ground.

Anyone who tells you today's iPhones are totally superior to today's Samsungs, HTCs, etc, is lying to you. But to each their own. I wouldn't begrudge someone buying an iPhone, but I wouldn't trade my Samsung for the world. It's very flexible and if I want to upgrade my memory or get a new battery, I don't have to buy a whole new phone.

Iphone was the first widely consumed smart phone. It was marketed brilliantly. Android came a bit late to the party but they've made up a ton of ground..

Honestly I think Android flew by IOS 2 years ago. IOS is now playing catchup, tying to awkwardly shoehorn in a lot of the features Android has had for a few years now. IOS still looked more polished, but I think material design/lollipop has put android ahead there as well.

Honestly I think Android flew by IOS 2 years ago. IOS is now playing catchup, tying to awkwardly shoehorn in a lot of the features Android has had for a few years now. IOS still looked more polished, but I think material design/lollipop has put android ahead there as well.
I could not disagree more when it comes to Material Design -- far too bright and "cartoony" for me, and the incessant white card popups drive me bananas. As someone who has both types of phones now, and has used literally dozens of Android phones and all versions of the iPhone, I think the playing field is more of a level field now. If you like to customize and setup some custom functions Android is your thing (or if you just hate Apple), if you simply want the thing to work, I lean to iOS, and since I have a Moto360 and an Apple Watch I can say this too -- Android Wear is NOT CLOSE to the Apple Watch.

Its like they completely flipped roles on their watches. Android came out first and some of the watch's hardware are far nicer looking than the apple watch, but apple learned from google and made a more functional one. Exactly the opposite of the phones.

My brother has a successful computer and phone repair business in Panama City and he started mentoring me this past winter. I've started doing it in Stillwater for some fun money and based on what I've experienced I plan on just doing repairs for iPhone. I can buy components at a reasonable price and repairs are actually logical. For me that speaks a lot to the quality and engineering of the product but I do admit that Androids have attractive features as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT