ADVERTISEMENT

Huge commit

I don’t know about a huge commitment. It definitely helps but other programs are adding guns and we are adding knives.

It’s an upgrade over what we had. It’s good news for us as a program who lately seem to have no steam moving forward. Sorry that I thought it was a big get.
Seems like a big get to me! Don't apologize for being excited. Thanks for digging up the screenshots!

Reactions: JAY45
Great for you guys, but I hate it when the star of a lesser program transfers and guts that program.

They believed in him, recruited him out of high school, and developed him - and now he says "see ya". That is what I hate about the portal.
He was in Dekalb for 5 years and graduated, as an alum of NIU I'd say he more than paid his dues there and wish him the best.

Once again, more positivity I love the people on this board
Don’t mind @biocowboy he’s still blowing off steam from NCAA’s, he means well. I think it’s a huge addition to the roster bc we honestly had nobody that could fill that hole. Just trying to figure out the Voinovich move and who will fill the 157 spot if Williams goes 149.

Once again, more positivity I love the people on this board
I get your frustration with this board. It’s a bad time for Oklahoma State wrestling fandom. Frustrations from football and basketball are trickling over to wrestling.

OSU fans are frustrated with the state of the program and rightfully so. We haven’t won a national title in 17 years. We haven’t even had a individual title in 7 years (Yes I know I’m wrong because AJ won one last year, but look at him now, he single handled deflated so much momentum for this once historic program) we are expecting a change and there seems to be no change in sight.

Oklahoma State wrestling expects both team and individual national champions. And I’m sure I speak for most of our fans as we don’t see neither of them in sight any time soon.

The fans, alum and diehards expect change, so once again I understand your frustrations with some members on this board. But I also understand our fan bases frustrations with the status of Oklahoma State wrestling currently.

Don’t mind @biocowboy he’s still blowing off steam from NCAA’s, he means well. I think it’s a huge addition to the roster bc we honestly had nobody that could fill that hole. Just trying to figure out the Voinovich move and who will fill the 157 spot if Williams goes 149.
What’s up with the VV move? Is he frustrated or is it more to do with NIL opportunities?

I still think Sammy Alvarez winds up going 149 and he will be an AA candidate there

I still think Sammy Alvarez winds up going 149 and he will be an AA candidate there
I personally think Williams currently looks a little small for 157 that's why I assume 149 would be his weight now that VV is out. Maybe he's crushing it in the weight room and adding some lbs in muscle.

It’s an upgrade over what we had. It’s good news for us as a program who lately seem to have no steam moving forward. Sorry that I thought it was a big get.
I think it's big news for a few reasons. First, we obviously had a huge hole at the weight. Second, it's our 3rd D1 pickup in 3 months - so there's clearly been a change in philosophy regarding transfers. And third, as a returning AA we know Olejnik had suitors - so it means we can still win those recruiting battles.

Reactions: lookleft goright
Some won’t want to hear this bc of his ranking and the way his brothers career ended…there have been some positive comments about Cutter from Lee & others

It's wild. Haven't even heard a hint about Daton or Plott except for on this message board.
I’m hearing some smoke about a loophole where Espo has another year of eligibility due to being excessively handsome so he’s coming back next season to wrestle 125

• Haha
Reactions: JAY45
It's wild. Haven't even heard a hint about Daton or Plott except for on this message board.
Not to split hairs - there’s been some innuendo on the twits as well.

That’s said, I take your word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT