ADVERTISEMENT

House ownership

SquinkY5786

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
Can be a pain in the ass. In last month I had a bathroom exhaust fan, compressor in heat pump, and double wall oven go out. I’m about 5500 in. If a man were smart he would build, live in it 3 or 4 years then move and do it again before any maintenance hits.

• Wow
Reactions: OSUIvan
Can be a pain in the ass. In last month I had a bathroom exhaust fan, compressor in heat pump, and double wall oven go out. I’m about 5500 in. If a man were smart he would build, live in it 3 or 4 years then move and do it again before any maintenance hits.
Hey, thats exactly what we're doing! Current house will be 3 years old in Oct. We just sold, bought a little bridge house till our new one is built. Not going to start on the new one for a year or so. Hoping the materials prices will come down and subs won't be as busy???

Hey, thats exactly what we're doing! Current house will be 3 years old in Oct. We just sold, bought a little bridge house till our new one is built. Not going to start on the new one for a year or so. Hoping the materials prices will come down and subs won't be as busy???
Smart. I always said that selling in this market is smart if you wait it out a bit. I was close to building a vacation/ vrbo rental property but the materials and real estate market went bonkers

Reactions: thetruth
We’re putting our house and 5 acres on the market in Edmond soon, but I don’t think I could manage the moving every 3-4 years. Moving is the absolute worst..
It is terrible but nice to purge all the crap you collect over the years

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Been in our house for 29 years. 1927 colonial and the only thing that works in it are the owners. Nice home and mostly redone. Wouldn’t do it again and staying put since its been paid off for 5 years. Looking at the final home, retirement, in 8 years.

Been in our house for 29 years. 1927 colonial and the only thing that works in it are the owners. Nice home and mostly redone. Wouldn’t do it again and staying put since its been paid off for 5 years. Looking at the final home, retirement, in 8 years.
How many ghosts?

How many ghosts?
Funny you ask. My daughter, now on her own, claims she and her friends would see something out of the corner their eyes. We haven’t told her, but my wife and I have said the same thing. Not that I believe in ghosts, though.

The worst thing about living in the same house for that long (one of the worst things, there are several) is when you move you can't believe all the stuff you have. Stuff you should have thrown out years ago!! When we moved from Stw to Tulsa, we had been in our house for 26 years. What a mess. We've moved about 5 or 6 times since then, I have successfully thrown most everything the Mrs. hoarded over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPOKE

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. My house turns 100 this year. I've just come to terms with things to be fixed never being done.

Reactions: TPOKE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT