ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Sunday Morning Question

anon_xl72qcu5isp39

Heisman Candidate
Sep 7, 2008
So on Sunday morning, I'm skimming these threads and see how christian conservatives on here are talking sense and have intelligent takes to the gay marriage thing. This maybe should just be on the non-sports board -- 2 questions I wrestle with from years of reading the bible and sitting in church:

1. God loves you. If you don't act right, he'll burn you forever. Eternal torture vs. love. How do you reconcile that?

2. What does Jesus dying have to do with sins? Imagine a loved walks in and says, "I love you, but you were mean, so I let some criminals torture and kill my son. Will you do what I want now?" You'd probably call 911. How do you invest energy and your life vindicating a sacrifice that is gratuitous and self imposed?

Honestly, you would probably have more luck with this on the non-sports board. There have been some very good religious discussions over there in the past. Some of those posters never come over here.

So on Sunday morning, I'm skimming these threads and see how christian conservatives on here are talking sense and have intelligent takes to the gay marriage thing. This maybe should just be on the non-sports board -- 2 questions I wrestle with from years of reading the bible and sitting in church:

1. God loves you. If you don't act right, he'll burn you forever. Eternal torture vs. love. How do you reconcile that?

2. What does Jesus dying have to do with sins? Imagine a loved walks in and says, "I love you, but you were mean, so I let some criminals torture and kill my son. Will you do what I want now?" You'd probably call 911. How do you invest energy and your life vindicating a sacrifice that is gratuitous and self imposed?
Who said you're going to hell if you don't act right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT