ADVERTISEMENT

Hog Hunting in Texas

Steven Seagal

Redshirt
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2011
Some friends and I are planning to hunt some hogs on my family's land in East Texas (near San Augustine). No surprise, they're overrunning the place!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we need a hunting license to do so? Also we're not planning on butchering them, what's the best way to dispose of the hogs?

Correct, no hunting license. That's how it is in Oklahoma anyway, unless its during deer gun season.

I just shoot them and leave them there. Bunch of overfed buzzards in southern OK.

I don't know the name of it but there is a charity that will take game and use it to feed the poor
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't believe Chase hasn't gotten into this thread yet! :) He wrestles them bare-handed.
smokin.r191677.gif
It's called "Noodling for hogs" I think. I kid. .

Hunters Against Hunger is one organization I'm most familiar with, but I don't think they may be active outside of deer season... however it would be a question to ask though!

Hogs outside of the coldest months are nasty to me, so I would leave em be if you can do that. Because they are not a game animal, I don't think you need a license in Texas, and for sure you don't if it's your own land.
Good luck! Please come back and give us a trip report for our vicarious adventures.
tcp.

Thanks for all the input! We're heading out tonight, looking forward to catching up with some college buddies... and of course trying out my new Colt AR 15.

Did some googling and couldn't find any organizations nearby that accepts hogs. I'll be sure to post some pics if we get any!

Didn't see a single one.. set up bait in three different spots, no signs of anything eating at it. They're obviously out there, the destruction is out of control. Didn't help our chances by blowing up a bunch of tannerite on the 2nd day out there. Still a great time catching up with my college buds and shooting all the guns in our arsenal.

Been trying to get back down there but the rain is making it impossible. Before the next trip, I plan on mounting a green flashlight to my AR

Haha, yeah...I wrestle them! But only when a bulldog is latched on!

If you ever get a chance to do it that way, I recommend it.

I wouldn't mind doing some hog hunting. I got a Savage model 24 .357/20 gauge that would be fantastic for that. .357 for long range shots and some double ott or maybe a nice slug for closer in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT