ADVERTISEMENT

#HandsUpDontCrush

Ostatedchi

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
cartoon15.jpg

I would love to see where there's never another abortion in this country.

And I would love to see where no more babies get shot up by AK-47s in schools and theaters and churches.

Compromise is our greatest attribute. I would love to see leaders from both sides on both issues compromise a little bit.

I think we could find common ground--perhaps not eliminate all unnecessary deaths to babies but reduce the number of them--and the world would be better for it.

If--we're willing to quit demonizing compromise.

That is my prayer this Sunday--and every day.

Last edited:
I would love to see where there's never another abortion in this country.

And I would love to see where no more babies get shot up by AK-47s in schools and theaters.

Compromise is our greatest attribute. I would love to see leaders from both sides on both issues compromise a little bit.

I think we could find common ground--perhaps not eliminate all unnecessary deaths to babies but reduce the number of them--and the world would be better for it.

If--we're willing to quit demonizing compromise.

That is my prayer this Sunday--and every day.

Sounds good in theory, but liberals/progressives don't compromise. Period.

Reactions: TPOKE
Guess I'm confused as to what the compromise would be.

Exactly how many babies are killed by AK47s in schools and theaters in the USA each year? Hell, how many people total are killed in schools and theaters in the US each year? Maybe even add up all of the people killed by homicide and suicide by gun each year?

Now, how many babies are killed in the US via abortion?

There are ONE MILLION babies aborted in the U.S. Every year and 16,000 homicides. I'm guessing that there is an average of 10 school and movie theater deaths every year.

Let's compromise CUP. What's it going to be?

UP has never shown anything other than the need to spike the ball. I find your post totally disingenuous.

Now, quit trying to change the subject. This poster shows the liberal hypocrites for what they are.

ALL lives matter. period.

There are ONE MILLION babies aborted in the U.S. Every year and 16,000 homicides. I'm guessing that there is an average of 10 school and movie theater deaths every year.

Let's compromise CUP. What's it going to be?

Alright. What about abortions the result of rape and incest if all other abortions were made illegal?

I'd be good with that CCup.

Now, can you agree that firearms themselves and the law abiding citizens that own them aren't the problem? Can you agree that bad people do bad things and it's the fault of the person and not the firearm or any of its accessories, like high capacity magazines?

I love it when liberals talk about compromise on heinous crimes. Whatever makes the fell better.

I'd be good with that CCup.

Now, can you agree that firearms themselves and the law abiding citizens that own them aren't the problem? Can you agree that bad people do bad things and it's the fault of the person and not the firearm or any of its accessories, like high capacity magazines?

Yes.

Can you agree that stricter background checks don't violate the Second Amendment?

Not one democrat in Congress would agree with that. Why is that do you think?

Actually, 3. (pro-life Democrats)
Collin Peterson of Minnesota
Dan Lipinski of Illinois
81-year-old non-voting delegate Madeleine Bordallo from Guam
There might be a couple more. Abortion in case of rape and incest has been a big deal to many Dems but a non-starter for many R's.

Hey--it's a start...

I'll trade you the million babies for a 24 hour waiting period. See, we can all get along.
So, we all agree to outlaw all abortion except in case of rape, incest--(and will you include life of the mother?)--in exchange for 24-hour mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases...I think this has possibilities!!!

So, we all agree to outlaw all abortion except in case of rape, incest--(and will you include life of the mother?)--in exchange for 24-hour mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases...I think this has possibilities!!!
Done.

Hell I'm all for a 7 day waiting period with a background check. 24 hours is gravy. But I would put in an emergency provision that waives any waiting period with a satisfactory background check if the person buying the gun has reason to believe their life might be in danger as supported by police and/or court documents.

Whatcha think Cowboy?

Why can't a kid of the result of a rape just be adopted instead of killed because of the actions of his father?

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Hell I'm all for a 7 day waiting period with a background check. 24 hours is gravy. But I would put in an emergency provision that waives any waiting period with a satisfactory background check if the person buying the gun has reason to believe their life might be in danger as supported by police and/or court documents.

Whatcha think Cowboy?
I'll accept that--not a problem. I'm worried about the NRA though with waiting periods...

Why can't a kid of the result of a rape just be adopted instead of killed because of the actions of his father?
That's a reasonable question. But imagine the worst case--where a Manson, or a Zodiac, or all the nastiest rapists who populate prisons, or some far nastier than we can even imagine, rape and impregnate a 12-year old girl, possibly a virgin. In some jurisdictions that rapist would have visitation. Nobody can ask a young girl and her family--or any woman--to be loving toward the child of a rapist or even carry the unwanted offspring of a violent sexual assault. Or have to arrange visitation with the rapist for 18 years and beyond. It would not be fair to the child or the mother, unless the mother didn't want to have an abortion, and that's always a possibility. There was a contestant earlier this month in Miss USA who was conceived during a rape.

Last edited:
I'll accept that--not a problem. I'm worried about the NRA though with waiting periods...
Just as I would worry about Planned Parenthood only performing abortions in cases of rape and incest. Abortion is a money making machine for them.

That's a reasonable question. But imagine the worst case--where a Manson, or a Zodiac, or all the nastiest rapists who populate prisons, or some far nastier than we can even imagine, rape and impregnate a 12-year old girl, possibly a virgin. In some jurisdictions that rapist would have visitation. Nobody can ask a young girl and her family--or any woman--to be loving toward the child of a rapist or even carry the unwanted offspring of a violent sexual assault. Or have to arrange visitation with the rapist for 18 years and beyond. It would not be fair to the child or the mother, unless the mother didn't want to have an abortion, and that's always a possibility. There was a contestant earlier this month in Miss USA who was conceived during a rape.

I would say get rid of the liberals and you wouldn't have dipshit laws like these. But please explain to me how putting the baby up for adoption will give the father visitation rights?

Reactions: Medic007
Why is it that every time a liberal wants to talk about gun violence they bring up school and movie theater shootings, which should never happen but are in fact quite rare. Why don't you liberals talk about all the inner city gang violence which kills far more people in a year than mass shooting do in a decade.

I guess when it is the same race shooting each other it doesn't count.

Reactions: Medic007
If you were to swap the percent of the population of blacks and whites in 2010 (13% and 65% respectively) and utilize the rate of homicide by firearm per 100,000 people (14.6 for blacks and 1.9 for whites), there would have been 29,295 blacks killed by firearm and only 763 whites. Statistics have been generally consistent that 93% of blacks killed by guns are killed by other blacks. It's 84% for whites. At 93%, 27,244 blacks would have been killed by their own race vs 640 whites killed by whites. There were 11,101 total gun homicides reported in 2010 and blacks accounted for 55% of the victims while only accounting for 13% of the population. Very disproportionate compared to the other racial groups.

I guess I'm unable to see why the problem isn't readily apparent to the left. Maybe a large portion of the liberals time and energy should be devoted toward solving the gun violence problems present in the black population rather than trying to promote things that will accomplish nothing for anybody.

Why is it that every time a liberal wants to talk about gun violence they bring up school and movie theater shootings, which should never happen but are in fact quite rare. Why don't you liberals talk about all the inner city gang violence which kills far more people in a year than mass shooting do in a decade.

I guess when it is the same race shooting each other it doesn't count.

And those gang members kill each other with ILLEGAL guns.

I guess I'm unable to see why the problem isn't readily apparent to the left. Maybe a large portion of the liberals time and energy should be devoted toward solving the gun violence problems present in the black population rather than trying to promote things that will accomplish nothing for anybody.
The left understands that. The left also knows that the right doesn't care about black teenagers dying so they mainly bring up gun control after a mass shooting of white people.

The left understands that. The left also knows that the right doesn't care about black teenagers dying so they mainly bring up gun control after a mass shooting of white people.

Like with the church in SC, for example...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT