ADVERTISEMENT

GOT

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
confirmed yesterday that HBO will produce 3 more seasons of the show, and may follow that up with a spin off prequel.

That means 3 seasons for 2 books worth of material. If GRRM can manage to get WOW released prior to April, there would be 1 more season without significant book spoilers. After that. Readers will have a choice to make.

Their producers hinted at perhaps going beyond 10 episodes the last season - is that now addressed with a 3rd season (all 3 at 10 episodes per) or are they vague?

Their producers hinted at perhaps going beyond 10 episodes the last season - is that now addressed with a 3rd season (all 3 at 10 episodes per) or are they vague?

I don't know if it has been definitively stated. My guess would be 10 episodes for season 6. Then, maybe adding to the last 2 seasons if they are feeling like they have too much story to squeeze in.

and Jon Snow is dead. I fear the way he will be brought back is through the dire wolf. Boo

It hasn't been addressed. Even what Been Jammin posted isn't the actual producers saying anything; it's an HBO exec who says that's what Benioff and Weiss communicated they want to do. Also, based on the report I read, the HBO exec just said something along the lines of, "If they want to do a prequel, we'll do that as well." It was far from confirmation of a prequel series.

Ya I took it as that was the plan for now but not set in stone. The funniest quote in that article was dead is dead is dead. I was like well there is the whole White Walker and the fire god stuff. I think the overhype of Jon's fate being dead is all a cover up. Just seems like if he was really dead they wouldn't keep going to the length to convince us he is gone.

He is definitely dead. He has to be dead, because death releases him from his vows and allows him to leave the Wall and become active in other areas where conflict is occurring. But, obviously, he will be revived from death. That doesn't preclude HBO from repeatedly saying that he is dead.

He is definitely dead. He has to be dead, because death releases him from his vows and allows him to leave the Wall and become active in other areas where conflict is occurring. But, obviously, he will be revived from death. That doesn't preclude HBO from repeatedly saying that he is dead.

THis is why I think everyone is right he will be revived if he was really dead as in not being on the show anymore then they wouldn't keep bringing it up in every interview. They are using a technicality here.

3 seasons is good news if true. I thought they tried to cram too much into this season.

Reactions: Been Jammin
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

What I saw was the president of HBO said in an interview it was definitely going for an eighth season and maybe beyond. HBO has always wanted ten but the show runners have been adamant about doing it in seven. Not sure if they are officially on board or not. One would have thought this decision would have had to have been made before season six went in to production. If you have four more season instead of two to wrap it up it would seem to change how you approach season six significantly.

What I saw was the president of HBO said in an interview it was definitely going for an eighth season and maybe beyond. HBO has always wanted ten but the show runners have been adamant about doing it in seven. Not sure if they are officially on board or not. One would have thought this decision would have had to have been made before season six went in to production. If you have four more season instead of two to wrap it up it would seem to change how you approach season six significantly.

My guess is that HBO just stuck to the books and decided that they were going to figure out a way to squeeze all of the content of Book 5 into season 5. Once they got through what had been published, they basically have free reign with what they do going forward. Since they pretty much have to write the remaining seasons themselves, they had the flexibility to tie up all the loose ends quickly (i.e. 2 more seasons) or flesh out the storyline and make it last 3 or 4 more seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT