ADVERTISEMENT

Good lord, what an incredible melange of horrible, misguided, losing ideas

Paywalled.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/24/hill...crease-in-short-term-capital-gains-taxes.html

I don't think taxes should be raised. But, if you concede the premise that taxes should go up, this seems like a reasonable way to do it.
Hmmm. Thanks for posting another link. I was able to get around the paywall somehow; I went through a google search link, so I guess that's why.

I strongly disagree with the capital gains tax rate hike, but it's probably the least goofy of the ideas presented in the piece. Although in the context of her husbnad having cut the rate to 20% it seems mighty odd.

Democrat spin-meisters love to talk about how great the Clinton eocnomy was thorughout his 8 years (in the context of Obama it was) and also love to attribute it to his tax increase in 1993. But the eocnomy underperformed during most of his first term relative to the 80's and also as a post-(1991) recession economy. Clinton himself said in 1995 that he had raised taxes too much. It was only when he cut the capital gains tax from 28% to 20%, along with some tweaks related to welfare reform and lowering of some tarriffs, that the economy experienced any kind of real boom.

Hmmm. Thanks for posting another link. I was able to get around the paywall somehow; I went through a google search link, so I guess that's why.

I strongly disagree with the capital gains tax rate hike, but it's probably the least goofy of the ideas presented in the piece. Although in the context of her husbnad having cut the rate to 20% it seems mighty odd.

Democrat spin-meisters love to talk about how great the Clinton eocnomy was thorughout his 8 years (in the context of Obama it was) and also love to attribute it to his tax increase in 1993. But the eocnomy underperformed during most of his first term relative to the 80's and also as a post-(1991) recession economy. Clinton himself said in 1995 that he had raised taxes too much. It was only when he cut the capital gains tax from 28% to 20%, along with some tweaks related to welfare reform and lowering of some tarriffs, that the economy experienced any kind of real boom.
If I go to the story through google and then hit the stop button before page fully loads it works for me.

The part about higher scrutiny on stock buy backs is particularly bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT