ADVERTISEMENT

Fitness Tracker advice and opinions

colcord

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Was thinking about getting a fitness tracker. Not sure about Fitbit, Jawbone, or Vivofit? Anybody have some helpful advice

Wife had me get her a pedometer last fall, she ended up buying a Garmin Vivofit, but it is still in the box.

Thanks

I've got a Fitbit, just the $100 you keep in your pocket or clip to belt. Seems very accurate, the app is very easy to use, and definitely encourages you to get off your ass and move more...I only have to charge it every 10 days or so, and actually get an email when the battery is low.

The wife has one that is a watch, it has heart rate capabilities...she just got it so I'm not sure how good it is yet.

I like it...the app has a built in running/jogging route tracker as well. You obviously have to have the phone with you, but I do for music anyway. I'm a numbers guy so these gadgets help me. I started running around Thanksgiving. I've lost almost 30 lbs and now run about 8 miles once a week, and 3-5 miles 3 or 4 nights per week. Not saying this little gadget got me there, but it definitely pushes you to do more...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I had a Nike Fuel and wasn't thrilled. I use my iphone to track my exercise and have ordered the Apple Watch to make it that much easier.

I got a fitbit through my work for free and I like it. I've logged my weight and meals daily since I got it in Nov 2013. It's really helped me stay on track. Customer service is good too. My clip broke and I emailed them and they sent a free replacement. It was listed for $14 plus shipping on their site so I thought it was pretty cool they gave me one.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I've used a few Fitbit's.. and I'm now using the Zip, the cheapest one they make. Got it brand new on eBay for like $40. I dont need all the stats the advanced ones give you, I just like the step count and distance. But it's attached to me, cant go anywhere without it. Comparing activity against friends and co-workers drives me and keeps me active. You can really tell the difference at the end of a day you took 15,000 steps vs a day you did 5,000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT