ADVERTISEMENT

Ferraris find a home?

No surprise.They won’t end up in jail.Slap on the wrist.Perfect fit for Iowa.I have always said that the program who gives people a 2nd chance can always spin it that way.They still won’t beat PSU but will be a solid 2nd

Iowa is losing so much this year it’s worth it to them to take a chance on this cirrus to stay in conversation for one of the top programs. Plus they get Angelo in a year. I don’t like the Ferraris and I don’t like Iowa so there’s a part of me that hoping it backfires.

Good luck to Iowa with the basket cases. I have a friend that is a coach in Oklahoma that can't stand to be around the Ferrari's.

Iowa is reloading with transfers. They don’t wait around praying for a miracle they are not done adding high level guys in the transfer portal

We supposedly had guys who would leave and recruits who wouldn’t come if the Ferraris were here….let Iowa get a taste. AJ is AJ and you get what you see, plus maybe, allegedly, a little sexual assault. The middle Ferrari is allegedly a one man psychotic, violent crime wave….and he isn’t that great of a wrestler. The little one may have a chance to be a decent human and a great wrestler.

AJ will kill every 197 next year and Anthony is better than you give him credit for as a wrestler. They are low life idiots and don’t deserve to be OSU wrestlers but this is a huge get for Iowa

AJ will kill every 197 next year and Anthony is better than you give him credit for as a wrestler. They are low life idiots and don’t deserve to be OSU wrestlers but this is a huge get for Iowa
If Iowa can keep them in the program Iowa in a couple of years will be able to challenge Penn. St. Add Anthony to the 2023 recruiting class and their class may be equal or better than our class in 2023. They did not have much so far in 2024 but Angelo could be very good. There 2022 class was rated 4th. Plus they have Cheatum coming in who could be a number 1 wrestler in a class but didn't wrestle in high school this year. We probably overspent money on the 2023 class and hopefully it doesn't blow up on us like the 2020 class did because we don't have much to feel good besides the 2023 recruiting class. I hope Coach Smith is smart enough to face reality, acknowledge specific mistakes and need to change and give us some hope or he will continue to run from the truth and talk in general terms which will mean no real changes. Hopefully our administration would then have the intelligence to fire him or publicly force John to retire. I hope he soon will speak to the media. Also in Tulsa they had these meetings in between sessions and nobody has indicated anything that coaches said. Could somebody inform us. Thanks.

Nino would have been MD by AJ. We knew someone would give them a chance.

I hope he soon will speak to the media.
I looked for the radio show last night, but there wasn't one. Thought there'd be an end of season wrap up.

There should be a media session this week, probably tomorrow. Hope Adam Engel is well rested and ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339 and DPJ
Nino would have been MD by AJ. We knew someone would give them a chance.
Didn’t AJ wrestle Nino for the National Title and it was 4-2. AJ beat Jacob Warner 3-2 in NCAAs. AJ is a hell of a wrestler but by no means is he a lock to win another title. If Brooks moves to 197 next year as rumored that would be a fun matchup.

Reactions: slickr3
Didn’t AJ wrestle Nino for the National Title and it was 4-2. AJ beat Jacob Warner 3-2 in NCAAs. AJ is a hell of a wrestler but by no means is he a lock to win another title. If Brooks moves to 197 next year as rumored that would be a fun matchup.
I will never defend the off the mat/psychotic behavior. AJ is as good of wrestler as I’ve ever seen. Smart, strong, quick. One legit takedown against him as a true freshman. I don’t believe anyone would beat him again. I wouldn’t be surprised if we never see him wrestle again either.

IF he ever lands anywhere, he will be an embarrassment to that program. It's hard for people like AJ to change their ways, especially if he's hanging around a bunch of rich violent MMA guys.

Also, I have yet to see a official statement from Iowa about the signing of Anthony Ferrari. Even though he posted on Instagram that he was committed there, Wrestlestat does not have Anthony listed on Iowa's roster and FLO just updated their 2023 D1 commitment list on April 3rd and Anthony is not listed on that either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT