ADVERTISEMENT

Elk Hunt

raydawg81

2nd Team
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'd like to look into a guided Elk hunt. I have no idea where to start. Anybody used a guide service they would recommend? Probably 3-4 guys for 7 days or so. Thanks for any input...

I'm a member of the Colorado Outfitters Association and he's a really good friend and I have tremendous respect for him. His success rate is solid and I've never heard a negative from anyone that has hunted with him or his boys.

We guide with Blue Quill Anglers on the Platte and do select elk and deer hunts. We limit the number of hunts we do because it's not our primary operation and 99% of our hunts are new hunters because we have a 90% success rate. Our hunts are not trophy and our average mule deer is 155 inches.

We take about 4 or 5 hunters a year.

Mark, Are we finally going this year?
wink.r191677.gif

Well, I am trying to get an archery (Trad probably) hunt over by Gunnison. Looking for someone to do a drop camp for us. Some of those are tough to get drawn in, so I hope to get an over the counter tag possibly.

TCP

Y not indeed!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Dang, Looks like if I'm doing any hunting this fall, it might be in Italy. Life is weird that way.
Nephew is a Commander in the Navy, called saying you have to come while I'm still stationed here.
He doesn't have to ask twice. Cheap way to travel, - house and car for me and the wife to use.
So, No Colorado hunt for me this fall, and I really had planned on it.
I sure am hoping to get back drawn into Big Mac this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT