ADVERTISEMENT

"Drunk History" in Tulsa

I don't mean this is an anti-Tulsa slam but what are they going to talk about? Usually when they do a city it is based around the history of the place. The Tulsa race riots?

Originally posted by Air_Thurman:
I don't mean this is an anti-Tulsa slam but what are they going to talk about? Usually when they do a city it is based around the history of the place. The Tulsa race riots?
I'm not sure if they're doing geographically-specific shows right now. If so, the Tulsa thing would be about Oklahoma, not just the city. Also saw that the Tulsa visit is postponed because Waters had an emergency appendectomy in New Orleans.

This post was edited on 1/20 9:15 AM by Anodyne

Awesome, really great show. It'll be interesting to see what they cover. I think they might have already done Jim Thorpe.

Did they end up doing this? If so, why haven't we heard anything about it? If not, why not? Anybody know anything? Did I miss a thread about this? Can't believe I missed this. Love the show.

The filmed like a month and a half ago. It takes a long time for shows like this to get edited together and make it on air. Season 3 doesn't even have a premier date yet.

Really, Do you have any concept of the history of Oklahoma? Why Oklahoma is one state instead of two? Because the eastern half had all the oil, water and money and you leaches in OKC wanted to steal it.

Seriously probably mostly about the Oil Boom. Thomas Gilcrease, Frank Phillips, J.P. Getty, William Skelly etc. The relationship with Native Americans. The aviation and aerospace industries. The history of Tulsa is rich and varied. It was truly the "Oil Capital of the World."

I assume the "Drunk History" part will cover the Jim Imholfe mayoral years.

This post was edited on 3/4 10:51 PM by FMPoke

Originally posted by FMPoke:
Really, Do you have any concept of the history of Oklahoma? Why Oklahoma is one state instead of two? Because the eastern half had all the oil, water and money and you leaches in OKC wanted to steal it.

Seriously probably mostly about the Oil Boom. Thomas Gilcrease, Frank Phillips, J.P. Getty, William Skelly etc. The relationship with Native Americans. The aviation and aerospace industries. The history of Tulsa is rich and varied. It was truly the "Oil Capital of the World."

I assume the "Drunk History" part will cover the Jim Imholfe mayoral years.

This post was edited on 3/4 10:51 PM by FMPoke
The focus of the visit was said to be the entire state, not just Tulsa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT