ADVERTISEMENT

Draw length

A

anon_ph7vrsh7abnty

Damm. My size strikes again.

They have determined my draw length is just short of 31.

This will probably make getting a starter bow on the cheap next to impossible.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Couple interesting notes from ACC spring release (Where Fisher ranks)

Looking through the ACC's spring football release and saw a couple interesting nuggets:

One thing is that Jimbo Fisher ranks No. 2 all-time on the ACC list for coaching record after 5 years. His record is 58-11 (.841). Of course, No. 1 on the list is Bobby Bowden (54-6-1, .893).

Also, Jimbo ranks No. 1 in the country for average number of wins (among coaches with at least 5 seasons). Jimbo is averaging 11.60 wins per year. No. 2 is Chris Petersen (11.11) and No. 3 is Urban Meyer (10.85).

Re: Couple interesting notes from ACC spring release (Where Fisher ranks)

Wow. Thanks for posting. We have two of the best of all time. Our school is very fortunate to have Jimbo and Bobby the past 40 seasons.

Wow he already had more wins than Beamer? That's crazy. Glad to have Jimbo as coach. I guess you really stack up wins the last 3 seasons!

Re: Couple interesting notes from ACC spring release (Where Fisher ra

Originally posted by timbo37059:
Wow he already had more wins than Beamer? That's crazy. Glad to have Jimbo as coach. I guess you really stack up wins the last 3 seasons!

It's after your first five years in the league. The great thing is, I seriously doubt anyone can pass Bobby or jumbo for one and two. Not with parity like it is now.

Yeah VT was totally irrelevant before Beamer and it likely took him a few years to get it going. Although not related to these stats I'd like to give a shout out to the third coach we were very fortunate to have, coach Pete! Coach Pete practically invented the college passing game we are used to today and of course his malapropisms were legendary.

Yeah, that sounds a lot like someone who doesn't deserve to win ACC COY....

Re: Couple interesting notes from ACC spring release (Where Fisher ra

Originally posted by statedecade:

Yeah, that sounds a lot like someone who doesn't deserve to win ACC COY....

Evidence suggests just about anybody can turn FSU into an ACC power. I mean, two examples, 2 for 2 and all.

The average wins per year is a misleading statistic. First, Jimbo has only coached 5 seasons, so he has an advantage over more tenured coaches. Second, there are more games on the schedule than ever before. Timing is everything.

there are more games but you've still got to win them to bring your average up.

Originally posted by oldjimnole:
there are more games but you've still got to win them to bring your average up.
True, but I think you get my point. In arguably the best 5 year run in FSU history ('96-'00), Bowden was 56-6. He won over 90% of his games and, yet, still only had an average of 11.2 wins/year.

Originally posted by Andrewff:
The average wins per year is a misleading statistic. First, Jimbo has only coached 5 seasons, so he has an advantage over more tenured coaches. Second, there are more games on the schedule than ever before. Timing is everything.
How about fewest average losses per year? Where does he rank on that list?

I guess if you just look at winning % for coaches with at least 5 years, Jimbo comes in at #3. Not bad.

1. Chris Petersen (.847)
2. Urban Meyer (.845)
3. Jimbo Fisher (.841)

How did Fisher have an advantage of more tenured coaches? He took over at a time when FSU was down and completely rebuilt it while winning a lot of games.

Originally posted by ckel:

How did Fisher have an advantage of more tenured coaches? He took over at a time when FSU was down and completely rebuilt it while winning a lot of games.
When the statistic in question is avg. wins per year, you don't think it's an advantage to begin your coaching career in an era when you can potentially play 14 (now 15) games per season vs. 12? I think the post with win percentage is more relevant.

Jimbo has been awesome and turned us into a powerhouse again. I'm as thrilled as anyone. I wasn't downplaying his accomplishments. I merely said that avg. wins was misleading.

I hope we're still talking about draw-length.
wink.r191677.gif
How tall are you?

It won't be that hard to get one that is 30 inches +/- a 1/2 inch, and then a loop will easily get you to 30 3/4. It is important to NOT have too long a draw length. If anything go just a little shorter. You'll shoot better for it.

I assume an archery shop measured you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT