ADVERTISEMENT

Deer trail cam pics?

low fence deer lease.. this is a monster for our lease.. we are 12 miles north of D'Hanis, TX.

I think this buck is at least 4.5 and at least 140... what do you fellas think?

10371396_945586975455477_3294072101696988019_n.jpg

Hard to tell from that pic pokem, but he should gross above 140 being at least a main frame 10. If you have other pics, one thing I like to do is use their ears as gauges. I guess each ear at 6.5 inches and calculate my gross with that.

I'd guess 110... that deer has extra long ears. I kid.

Pokem, That's what I'm talking about! That is definitely a nice clean 10 pointer- from that pic I don't see much in the way of deductions so I also would guess around 140. I hope you get a shot at him! Thanks for posting!

yeah, that pic kinda sucks... we have not been religious about keeping cams out this year... but we have kept protein AND corn going all offseason...(we turned the timers down to 2 seconds and only mornings for the corn during offseason)

we were out at lease last weekend filling feeders and getting everything ready for season.. took one of the cams back to camp and this is the only pic we have him...I was completely caught off guard... we have not seen anything like this the last couple of years...

also, talked to a guy on lease just north of our fence line and he said they have seen a COUPLE of 150's... had that conversation before I saw this pic... I got a chubby after seeing that pic and remembering his comments...

scheduling my trip dates now, I think rut is mid to late Nov in our area (not really sure though) and this year I will be down the entire thanksgiving weekend and a 5 day trip the second weekend in Dec...

would be neat to harvest this one!!

How do I upload pics from my SD card? I'd like to get your opinion of a buck on my place.

Hit reply to your own post. when that window comes up, across the top of the message window is a menu, that says "insert Item". the second of those icons say "insert image". Your image must be saved/loaded onto a website and available for this to work. (i.e. photobucket or such (even your facebook page). in the insert image process that opens you simply put the link (url) to that picture, description, etc. and post that message, and it should include your picture of the deer you linked to... I hope that makes sense. and I hope I'm right about this... :)

tcp

blankimage.png
[/URL]
This post was edited on 10/22 1:15 PM by zthiel

You're welcome! I got to learn new stuff today...don't know how useful it is, but I now know how!

Chase what do you think of the one you posted for me. I have 3 spots to hunt 40 miles (west of OKC) but this is the one I decided to go with this year. Its not a big place 60 acres MOL. I haven't been seeing anything nice until I moved my camera to the opposite side of the place and this guy has been coming out regularly. This buck is the best I've seen on any of my places but that doesn't necessarily make him a shooter.

Yeah, what TCP said.

I pegged him at 120's depending on how far those main beams carry him and his width. I also guess him at 4.5? He might be 3.5 if I had a better picture?

But yeah, 60 acres, unless in the right situation, you are going to have a hard time managing for bigger deer.

This pic was taken last Saturday. Lease member passed on this buck. Actually, it was a lease members son who passed on the shot. I am kind of surprised he sat at this particular stand b/c we have it at about a 160 yards. But I think he passed b/c of age, which is great.

Again not a great pic, but looks young to me. Not over 3.5, right?

10417823_957520984262076_1547755114017391434_n.jpg

Originally posted by pokem:
This pic was taken last Saturday. Lease member passed on this buck. Actually, it was a lease members son who passed on the shot. I am kind of surprised he sat at this particular stand b/c we have it at about a 160 yards. But I think he passed b/c of age, which is great.

Again not a great pic, but looks young to me. Not over 3.5, right?

10417823_957520984262076_1547755114017391434_n.jpg
Would need a better pic that shows a lot more body, but 3.5 is what I'd say just off this one pic.

Hard to tell really, but he doesn't "look" extremely old in the neck and face. If the sucker has traps and big face with maybe a pronounced nose, you can age a little better in that pic. He has neither.

I agree fellas... getting pretty promising reports from opening weekend on lease, which is huge for us. We have put a tone of work in this lease.

I don't know where the lease is...but I plan on getting out very early in the next week and banging some horns together well before sunrise. If I can get a dominant to come to that, there is a chance I can trick him with calls when its legal to shoot. Or hopefully, if timed right, I have a shot before he figures out something is up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT