ADVERTISEMENT

Deer Hunting

osumark

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2004
Western Oklahoma
Picked up a new spot this year, in a big buck area. This place hasn't been hunted in years, found good sign. Put the protein feeder out, and camera out. I think I have a good spot.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What's the general area?

I've got cameras out and feeders running. Waiting on a good rain to start tilling food plots.. I'm in Jefferson County.

I've used my Bush Commander to "build" a few food plots in good spots that I have only hunted with mineral, corn on the ground and my special attractant (rice bran, jello and brown sugar.) I have them tilled and will probably plant this week and wait to fertilize until we have rain coming or it is actually raining.

I also have ten other feeders out and running...Mark you know the spot.

Hey guys what is a lease worth per acre? I have someone wanting to lease some land. It is probably an O.K. spot
don't know about great.

Neb, I'm no expert by any means, but my personal take on this is it depends on many factors. One is potential for big bucks to be taken, size of parcel to some degree, location, type of cover- (can it hold deer without them having to leave the property i.e. does it have bedding areas as well as ample food areas and water?) and a big one to me is if it is being grazed by cattle or not and how much. I had a guy once try to lease me a pasture.... not in a bad "area" of the county, but when I got there, there wasn't much if any cover left as he seriously over-grazed the place. It was near bare. Wasn't worth a nickel to me in that condition. Like I said, for me it's a personal preference, but I would think maybe $5 to $10 per acre isn't bad, with premium places being premium prices.

Speaking of which, if anyone runs into a nice lease down near Durant, Atoka up to near McAlester, please let me know. Or close to home for me would be Carter or Love county area and around Texoma.

Good luck Neb.

tcp
This post was edited on 9/3 8:37 PM by TexasCowPoke

For serious hunting, I'm only bowhunting again this year on a lease on the Latimer/Pittsburg county line near Hartshorne.
I can shoot a doe and possibly a buck off my place near Gainesville TX but its not a great hunting destination, and only 120 acres by the house and doesn't hold deer. Grandkids love it though.

mark,

by cogar is right by me. have business in chickasha and verden.

ja

Nebcowboy - is that land around Stillwater? If so and if it's not already leased, I'd be interested.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT